Dave Timmins - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dave Timmins

TRVMP

Have we conceded enough goals yet that we can state the obvious - this gormless* simpleton is the latest in a long line of English nobodies to end up in 'recruitment' in Scottish football, and promptly sign a family-sized assortment of absolute muck from AFC Hovis and other bin outfits? "Oh, it's just the jock league, hur hur, Sam Ramsbottom can wear the number one jersey."

This guy should have his recruitment role taken from him, otherwise we we are in very real danger of doing a Falkirk.

Absolutely nobody without a *primary* knowledge of the Scottish league should have anything approaching a deciding say over recruitment. There is simply not value in the English lower leagues because most of the players are dung, and anyone good is already scouted or earning more than we're likely to match.

*look at his picture on the official site and tell me this is a man who could pass a field sobriety test after six months in Tehran.

EOho8Pw.png

Had a look at his linkdin.

Absolutely nothing to suggest he is anything other than a goaly coach with any calibre as a scout...

Although one of his achievements at Tranmere from 2011-15 was the promotion to the first team squad of.... Sam Ramsbottom.

He also appears to have taken up a management post in Sweden in 2018 that didn't seem to amount to anything.

Wouldn't imagine it's him scouting Von Shaik or Blues.

Had a look at his linkdin.

Absolutely nothing to suggest he is anything other than a goaly coach with any calibre as a scout...

Although one of his achievements at Tranmere from 2011-15 was the promotion to the first team squad of.... Sam Ramsbottom.

He also appears to have taken up a management post in Sweden in 2018 that didn't seem to amount to anything.

Wouldn't imagine it's him scouting Von Shaik or Blues.

Hes our scout it seems https://gmfc.net/2019/06/06/dave-timmins-appointed-goalkeeping-coach/

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

Yeah, his record does suggest he might be a competent goalkeeper coach. Picking out Ramsbottom is the issue. It shows that he has either misjudged Ramsbottom's progression or misjudged the level required in the Scottish Championship (perhaps both).

. Picking out Ramsbottom is the issue. It shows that he has either misjudged Ramsbottom's progression or misjudged the level required in the Scottish Championship (perhaps both).

Falkirk made that mistake last year

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

Assistant manager/goalkeeping coach/chief scout

I thought our Assistant Manager was that young guy who once worked at Spurs? edit to add: That's that McElhone guy.

Dave Timmins looks like that guy from Rita, Sue and Bob too:

rita-sue-and-bob-too-1987-001-siobhan-fi

*insert signature here*

Yeah, his record does suggest he might be a competent goalkeeper coach. Picking out Ramsbottom is the issue. It shows that he has either misjudged Ramsbottom's progression or misjudged the level required in the Scottish Championship (perhaps both).

In what truly bizarre, alternate universe does anything in this jobber’s record suggest that he’s a competent goalkeeper coach at all?

Please explain with close reference to the glorified volleyball player in goal right now, who has quite clearly had zero hours of effective goalkeeper coaching in his entire career. What with him never getting his body weight behind a save and having all the agility of a wooden, table football figure.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The fact that ‘finding’ Joe Hart - also known as one of few supposed professional goalkeepers on the planet as utterly useless as Ramsbottom - is supposedly the highlight of Timmins’ career probably tells us all we need to know. Is he the reason these goalkeepers have no conception of catching a ball and habitually push it away like they’re more accustomed to playing volleyball, or is he just a terrible scout who thinks these players are somehow passable excuses for goalkeepers when they’re evidently not?

The really terrifying thing yesterday though was losing such horrendous goals where Ramsbottom was blameless for at least three of them; anyone who thinks we’re a goalkeeper away from competence is kidding themselves. We need a whole defence after an absolute disaster of a summer in that area of the park.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Have we conceded enough goals yet that we can state the obvious - this gormless* simpleton is the latest in a long line of English nobodies to end up in 'recruitment' in Scottish football, and promptly sign a family-sized assortment of absolute muck from AFC Hovis and other bin outfits? "Oh, it's just the jock league, hur hur, Sam Ramsbottom can wear the number one jersey."

This guy should have his recruitment role taken from him, otherwise we we are in very real danger of doing a Falkirk.

Absolutely nobody without a *primary* knowledge of the Scottish league should have anything approaching a deciding say over recruitment. There is simply not value in the English lower leagues because most of the players are dung, and anyone good is already scouted or earning more than we're likely to match.

*look at his picture on the official site and tell me this is a man who could pass a field sobriety test after six months in Tehran.

Absolutely Marvellous!

Archived