Poor wee Rangers - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Poor wee Rangers

pink_panther

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just noticed they have to close part of their stand because of sectarian behaviour by UEFA. Pity no one in Scotland will stand up to them

Sectarian behaviour by UEFA? That's terrible, they should be leading by example.

Whilst were on the subject of sectarian behaviour, why does the 'Great Glasgow Alternative' that is Partick Thistle always get away with that horrible wee ditty they sing about 'F- the Pope and F- the queen' like they done again last night at 1.28mins and 29.43mins.

Surely if that was another club not favoured by some media luvvies and oddballs like they are, they would be censured in some way. It's time Partick Thistle owned up to their own sectarian problem.

*insert signature here*

No, it’s time that they were deducted points for their sectarian problem and got sent packing to the seaside leagues as a result.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Whilst were on the subject of sectarian behaviour, why does the 'Great Glasgow Alternative' that is Partick Thistle always get away with that horrible wee ditty they sing about 'F- the Pope and F- the queen' like they done again last night at 1.28mins and 29.43mins.

Surely if that was another club not favoured by some media luvvies and oddballs like they are, they would be censured in some way. It's time Partick Thistle owned up to their own sectarian problem.

I think we had a discussion about this a few years ago.  The words are actually "F YOUR pope and F YOUR queen", which makes a significant (possibly too subtle for some) difference to the sentiments expressed.  They are using the pope and the queen as proxies for Celtic and Rangers.  It's an anti-OF song, not a pro-sectarian one.  I know you and I disagree on this one (and Toby also disagrees with me), but although I dislike Partick Thistle for a number of reasons, I don't think sectarianism is something that you can attribute to them, particularly as they seem to be attacking both sides of the sectarian divide.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I think we had a discussion about this a few years ago. The words are actually "F YOUR pope and F YOUR queen", which makes a significant (possibly too subtle for some) difference to the sentiments expressed. They are using the pope and the queen as proxies for Celtic and Rangers. It's an anti-OF song, not a pro-sectarian one. I know you and I disagree on this one (and Toby also disagrees with me), but although I dislike Partick Thistle for a number of reasons, I don't think sectarianism is something that you can attribute to them, particularly as they seem to be attacking both sides of the sectarian divide.

Or it maybe makes them twice as bad as the big, bad Rangers and Celtic fans.

I think we had a discussion about this a few years ago. The words are actually "F YOUR pope and F YOUR queen", which makes a significant (possibly too subtle for some) difference to the sentiments expressed. They are using the pope and the queen as proxies for Celtic and Rangers. It's an anti-OF song, not a pro-sectarian one. I know you and I disagree on this one (and Toby also disagrees with me), but although I dislike Partick Thistle for a number of reasons, I don't think sectarianism is something that you can attribute to them, particularly as they seem to be attacking both sides of the sectarian divide.

It’s a case of two wrongs not making a right, though. And it’s incredible that they don’t get brought to task in it when others do.

Whilst we’re at it, it would be remiss of us not to mention the “sad orange bastard” chant that Rob McLean had to apologise for on Friday night.

None of us are stupid enough to think that there aren’t folk with that sort of mindset in our support, but fucking hell that was downright embarrassing. It was at least a fairly small section of wallopers but terrible nonetheless.

I’ve heard plenty of commentators apologising for choice language when doing Scottish football matches but never, even when Rangers or Celtic have been playing, for sectarian chanting- until doing a Morton game. Just let that sink in.

I think we had a discussion about this a few years ago.  The words are actually "F YOUR pope and F YOUR queen", which makes a significant (possibly too subtle for some) difference to the sentiments expressed.  They are using the pope and the queen as proxies for Celtic and Rangers.  It's an anti-OF song, not a pro-sectarian one.  I know you and I disagree on this one (and Toby also disagrees with me), but although I dislike Partick Thistle for a number of reasons, I don't think sectarianism is something that you can attribute to them, particularly as they seem to be attacking both sides of the sectarian divide.

For all that I've had differing opinions from you over the years on many subjects, I've never once had you down as an apologist for what is still blatant sectarianism.

Read over what you have posted above - what you're effectively say it's okay, because they're intentions were to offend people of both faiths.

*insert signature here*

It’s a case of two wrongs not making a right, though. And it’s incredible that they don’t get brought to task in it when others do.

Whilst we’re at it, it would be remiss of us not to mention the “sad orange bastard” chant that Rob McLean had to apologise for on Friday night.

None of us are stupid enough to think that there aren’t folk with that sort of mindset in our support, but fucking hell that was downright embarrassing. It was at least a fairly small section of wallopers but terrible nonetheless.

I’ve heard plenty of commentators apologising for choice language when doing Scottish football matches but never, even when Rangers or Celtic have been playing, for sectarian chanting- until doing a Morton game. Just let that sink in.

That's also because the broadcasters are old firm apologist cowards. Fuck them.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

That's also because the broadcasters are old firm apologist cowards. Fuck them.

This is of course very true- and also Partick, whose sectarian chanting was also ignored. I’m only really concerned about sneering at them though.

It does however smack of whataboutery to bring them up rather than addressing our own problems. There is a problem, albeit minor, in our support that does raise it’s ugly head from time to time. I don’t see how the BBC’s failure to report instances fairly across the board should detract from us pointing out faults within our support. I don’t know who it was singing that in Miller’s direction, but that sort of shite is poor, and should be binned.

As I said above, "some other club not favoured by the media luvvies and oddballs like they are" - Morton fit that description, and also if it were the likes of Airdrie or Motherwell - Let's face it, nobody cares about us other than ourselves - and would be an easy Scapegoat if the cowards at the SFA wanted to make an example of someone without addressing the bigger problem.

*insert signature here*

How do we feel about our version of Hullo Hullo?

Cringe. Think VT nailed it on P&B over the weekend -

'The budding Morton da's section whinging about 'cringeworthy' material is always hilarious, given that they clearly spent the entire 1990s lifting Rangers' ditties wholesale and swapping out the sectarian bits for the most shan replacement lyrics possible. Up to our knees in 'Saint Mirren blood' - great job guys!'

Archived