Johansson's Future - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Johansson's Future

Admin

Johansson's Future  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal
  2. 2. What do you think will happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair he knows exactly what questions he's going to be asked every week as it's the exact same ones.

Hi Jonaton, it's another disappointing defeat here at Cappielow.

His interviews are tiresome though. In his first ones he was identifying things that went wrong but as time's passed you kinda realise that it's never set against anything, there's no indication that he wants the team to be doing x, y or z. Obviously he's not necessarily going to tell us his exact plans, but the fact that he can't even elucidate a vision in the press room far less on the pitch doesn't really help his cause.

There's plenty of people who can appear in front of a camera and tell you what a team's doing wrong, but it doesn't mean they're capable of managing a team.

AWMSC

Also, for those who are wanting rid of JJ, there are some perma-cretins like 'big Yogi', Neil McCann, Paul Hartley and Mark McGhee still out of work. Just be very careful what you wish for.

Erm yes, so let’s never bin absolute dud managers because there happen to be other duds out there on the market. You’d be as well folding the club now if it were run by that gormless ‘logic’.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Really poor we haven’t rectified the “unbalanced” issue that he has been talking about 2 weeks into window and he stated work is being done behind the scenes to bring folk in.

I would of thought things would of been in place pre window opening so it was just a case of getting to 1st Jan and sealing them.

I appreciate waiting in this window is sometimes the case but we’ve been needing reinforcements badly for months and it’s disheartening there’s been little movement other than Dykes.

Hi Jonaton, it's another disappointing defeat here at Cappielow.

His interviews are tiresome though. In his first ones he was identifying things that went wrong but as time's passed you kinda realise that it's never set against anything, there's no indication that he wants the team to be doing x, y or z. Obviously he's not necessarily going to tell us his exact plans, but the fact that he can't even elucidate a vision in the press room far less on the pitch doesn't really help his cause.

There's plenty of people who can appear in front of a camera and tell you what a team's doing wrong, but it doesn't mean they're capable of managing a team.

I still think he's good at pointing out the issues and is quite interesting in that respect but as time goes on it's not looking like he knows how to fix them.

He should have held his hands up for Saturday thought and admitted the tactics were all wrong. Not doing that his made me a lot more dubious about his longer term future than I was.

Really poor we haven’t rectified the “unbalanced” issue that he has been talking about 2 weeks into window and he stated work is being done behind the scenes to bring folk in.

I would of thought things would of been in place pre window opening so it was just a case of getting to 1st Jan and sealing them.

I appreciate waiting in this window is sometimes the case but we’ve been needing reinforcements badly for months and it’s disheartening there’s been little movement other than Dykes.

A player who offered himself up, no less, rather than being scouted.

AWMSC

To be fair he knows exactly what questions he's going to be asked every week as it's the exact same ones.

It’s an in house interview he’s not going to be ask awkward questions in fact the interview questions pre and post match are almost the same every week that’s what makes it boring

It’s ...... at cappielow on Saturday can I get your thoughts ahead of the game

It’s a 1-1 each draw here today can I get your thoughts on the game

Totally and utterly boring

I think JJ comes across fine and him being a bit dull in interviews isn’t a big concern, to me anyway. Everything else worries me though.

Giving JJ time and the resources to build his own squad could prove extremely costly if it needs dismantled yet again. I’ve said for weeks now I’m not sure what he’s done to deserve that trust being placed in him. The team assembled by McKinnon wasn’t great, but has been taken even further backwards quite quickly by the management team.

A defeat on Saturday and those still with faith in him are verging on happy-clapping.

It’s an in house interview he’s not going to be ask awkward questions in fact the interview questions pre and post match are almost the same every week that’s what makes it boring

It’s ...... at cappielow on Saturday can I get your thoughts ahead of the game

It’s a 1-1 each draw here today can I get your thoughts on the game

Totally and utterly boring

To be fair to JJ, it doesn't help when the reporter asking the questions is a shíte reporter.

I wouldn't blame him for lack of recruitment, doesn't seem to be any enthusiasm anymore from Crawford and he hasn't kept up his correspondence with the fans either. Change in the boardroom is more important than the dugout right now

It's lunacy because it's amateurish short-sighted short-termism. Again.

The only thing 'amateurish' in this discussion is the club and board who appointed a complete and utter novice with nothing relevant to recommend him for a management job, based instead on the fact that 'he used to be a good player' and the specious claim that he 'unearthed' a hotshot forward in Finland. 

Which is why the club will sooner or later be seeking its sixteenth manager in the past twenty-odd years, of which the majority have been absolute duds. 

And no amount of you shrieking 'short termism!' is actually going to make that phrase relevant to this discussion. 

How on earth can it be sensible to sack him when he's not had the chance to craft a squad and bring in his own signings? Isn't that a fairly basic right of a manager given a two year contract, that he gets a chance to craft and improve the squad and the players at his disposal?

A: Because that's not actually a manager's 'right' - that's a privilege entrusted to him by a football club. In the meantime, he has taken over a capable squad for this level and has made it worse since he came in the door. He therefore hasn't earned the right to build his own squad given the absolute mess he has made of someone else's. The key players who are more than good enough to dominate at this level - Millar and Tidser in particular - have gone backwards under his shan tactics week in, week out. 

A competent football club wouldn't let him choose the lunch menu at Parklea then never mind let him ship out players he doesn't like or can't get the best of - quite probably losing any chance of keeping Tidser in the process btw - in a stupidly naive belief that he's going to unearth a stack of Finnish regens to replace them. 

He's only had 19 games ffs.

And he has already shown that he is not to the required standard as a tactician; nor as match-day manager; nor as first team coach. Giving him another fifty matches when he's quite clearly not up to the job then is simply throwing good money after bad. And it will be money lost to the club, because fans are going to turn their backs very, very soon on the turgid pish that he's producing on the park every single week right now. 

Nobody at Morton was expecting to be on their second manager of the season so early so I'd be astonished if they don't let him see out his contract, subject to results of course.

Which isn't actually a logical reason to keep hold of a dud and so should be filed in the bin by any competent board of directors. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I wouldn't blame him for lack of recruitment, doesn't seem to be any enthusiasm anymore from Crawford and he hasn't kept up his correspondence with the fans either. Change in the boardroom is more important than the dugout right now

It's notable that this deflection tactic was nowhere to be seen back in November and December, when all we supposedly had to do was be patient until TTGJ unearthed some gems for us in the January transfer window. Now it's rather conveniently the board's fault that he's using the same big book of dung contacts as Duffy before him. 

You can already plot out the intended excuse schedule for this miserable reign into the summer and a relegation campaign next time round.

It's notable that this deflection tactic was nowhere to be seen back in November and December, when all we supposedly had to do was be patient until TTGJ unearthed some gems for us in the January transfer window. Now it's rather conveniently the board's fault that he's using the same big book of dung contacts as Duffy before him.

You can already plot out the intended excuse schedule for this miserable reign into the summer and a relegation campaign next time round.

A couple of weeks before the transfer window closes. Still time for some decent signings. It will be deeply disappointing and worrying if we make none.

It's notable that this deflection tactic was nowhere to be seen back in November and December, when all we supposedly had to do was be patient until TTGJ unearthed some gems for us in the January transfer window. Now it's rather conveniently the board's fault that he's using the same big book of dung contacts as Duffy before him.

Its his fault if the signings he brings in are rubbish, can't blame him if the board haven't made money available though can you? I mean - I am sure you will blame JJ but if you were being reasonable that's Crawford's responsibility.

We set a budget in the summer and put together a capable squad with it. We also went out of the cups (which some people bizarrely applauded at the time) which means that we have raised no further money during the season until now. So there is both no extra money to give to a manager and no reason to do so: he has a squad to get the best out of and has the same options as any other manager would have in the January transfer window to improve it. That's his job, that's what he no doubt signed up for when he was bullshitting his way into the dugout. 

If Johannsson can't achieve anything under those circumstances then that's a reflection of the manager and not the board. That his fluffers made up ridiculous pipe-dreams about his big transfer plans to cover for terrible results and performances in the autumn doesn't change that fact. 

Archived