Ton Talk - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Talk

BishopBrennan

Give the boy a break and try and be happy about something the the club have done for a change... If they can get it off YouTube and onto a platform that allows listening in the background they it’ll be a great addition.

Ignore this. The video appears to have disappeared...Maybe the club literally can’t do anything right after all. I knew it was too good to be true

"A few technical issues have been brought to our attention towards the end of the podcast.

We are in the process of editing just now and it will be back online very shortly. #TonTalk"

From Twitter. Fair enough, probably should have checked it before putting it online, but it's their first attempt.

For me 30 minutes is really the maximum for one of these things, though.

EOho8Pw.png

Back up now - they hadn't trimmed the end of the recording so you hear them stand up and chat briefly, that's all.

No complaints about the length from me, glad we're getting more content and I don't believe anyone who's been criticising the lack of social media presence can complain about a podcast being a hour and a half

Back up now - they hadn't trimmed the end of the recording so you hear them stand up and chat briefly, that's all.

No complaints about the length from me, glad we're getting more content and I don't believe anyone who's been criticising the lack of social media presence can complain about a podcast being a hour and a half

‘Complain’ is doing a lot of doe-eyed lifting in that post - you actually can still critique club content even though they didn’t bother their arse at all previously. I listen to an unhealthy number of podcasts each week but unless it’s a Dan Carlin epic I’d never go through 90 minutes of material in one go: the whole point of the format is to provide bitesize content that listeners can easily jump in and out of. The Tell Him He’s Pele podcast has released lots of interviews with Scottish footballers going into similar depth but broke them up into multiple parts for that exact reason. It’s a simple fix that would make the club’s current efforts have greater impact.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

‘Complain’ is doing a lot of doe-eyed lifting in that post - you actually can still critique club content even though they didn’t bother their arse at all previously. I listen to an unhealthy number of podcasts each week but unless it’s a Dan Carlin epic I’d never go through 90 minutes of material in one go: the whole point of the format is to provide bitesize content that listeners can easily jump in and out of. The Tell Him He’s Pele podcast has released lots of interviews with Scottish footballers going into similar depth but broke them up into multiple parts for that exact reason. It’s a simple fix that would make the club’s current efforts have greater impact.

The open goal videos Simon Ferry is doing are just under two hours and there's not too many complaints about them.

The open goal videos Simon Ferry is doing are just under two hours and there's not too many complaints about them.

A video and a podcast are not the same thing champ.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

A video and a podcast are not the same thing champ.

They're also available in up to 2 hour long podcasts.

The point is that there's other people making different types of media as long as this one and they've been popular so your point about them needing to be in smaller chunks doesn't really stand up.

They're also available in up to 2 hour long podcasts.

The point is that there's other people making different types of media as long as this one and they've been popular so your point about them needing to be in smaller chunks doesn't really stand up.

How many people are actually streaming and listening to a two hour audio version of ‘eh so whit wis the banter like in the dressing room’ interviews? A: next to nobody. It’s in fact just the primary YouTube channel being regurgitated badly on a different platform. Whereas any Scottish football podcast specifically designed for the format - from The Terrace to the aforementioned THHP series - follow the straightforward rule of keeping episodes concise and splitting them when necessary. Because that’s how the format actually works.

That you’ve chosen to die on the hill of a 90 minute rap lecture somehow being best practice would be bizarre if you didn’t white knight for the club on total weirdo grounds every other week as well.

Ferry's interviews feature a different person each episode, talking about numerous different times in that subject's career, and often with spicier stories than you'd expect (or want) from someone speaking officially about the club they're employed by. Ton Talk probably doesn't fit any of those, except possibly the first one (I guess it won't be Jim every week.) I'm not going to slam it without watching it but, having worked until very recently specifically in online sports video, this is not a format I'd have recommended for an official club show. That said, what I've briefly listened to does cover a lot of historical ground, not just soundbites about the current campaign, so if it's designed to be in-depth and historical, fair enough. But again, not how I'd do it if I wanted engagement for a full-length episode.

The sound quality is poor and echoey, the volume is variable, and there's a hiss in the background, but it's early days yet.

I will say the guy doing the questions gave a very good intro and really knows his stuff. There are definitely positives to take here. I just hope the club can show consistency with this and help the guy improve it and make a real go of it.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived