Morton Club Together Updates - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

Yes, T and C will be issued containing all details you need to know before deciding whether you want to invest

We are working on this and it will be finalised well before anyone, including me, is asked to pay any money!

This is a bit chicken and egg

The best T&C document will be possible if and when we maximise pledges withing the six week period

The more money we have, the more chance we can insist, for example, that the £2,5m is written off

I appreciate that this is a leap of faith

250+ people have taken this leap on the basis that we all reserve the right to withdraw our pledges at any time, and well before we pay any money

We are asking people to take that leap of faith

We will potentially leave pledging open after the six weeks

However it is a great chance for us all to demonstrate our influence and togetherness in the absence of the full T&C being agreed, on the basis that it will be, to pledge now safely and securely well before we pay any money

You can withdraw your pledge at any time and we won't be chasing people or doing a hard sell at any time

MCT is about well intentioned volunteers rallying together to give the Morton support the voice that we believe we deserve.

Can you confirm that you start paying the money raised to Morton straight away going by your earlier point?

I was under the impression you don't hand it over until 2 years time.

If the investment is immediate and regular, thats a huge incentive to help out now!

It's no secret who is involved and we've announced on twitter who the players in the MCT LT are

Due to the time deadlines to maximise pledges, we've not had a chance to fully update the website with full details

Please look out for this

Everyone is a volunteer and this is entirely down to time contraints and a tight dealine for raising the pledges

Any new volunteers please contact me via the MCT email

As stated, the MCT Board, when constituted will be legally responsible for MCT and this requires registration and various other legalities which will be met

Rather than inviting us to trawl through Twitter, could you just tell us who’s involved?

Rhyming off a couple of ex-players from a bygone era who have given you their backing doesn’t sit to easily for those of us looking for a bit of transparency.

What about those not involved in the Leadership Team? Are there some who are taking a back seat?

I genuinely wish any project that’s of benefit to Morton all the best, but remain far from convinced at the moment about this one. Are there any of those previously involved with the GMST involved? Any potentially divisive local councillors with tendencies to lean towards, Celtic?

In spite of your protestations, I’m really not sure we’re being told everything about everyone involved.

MCT will have access to the GMFC accounts and we hope budget for the coming year and perhaps beyond if it exists.

We want to ensure that the 15% shareholding for £400,000 is a fair valuation

We also want to ensure that Morton has a reasonable chance at breaking even/making a profit in the near future, before MCT invests a penny

This will inform the agreement we will reach with GMFC and Golden Casket before MCT recommends to pledgers that we invest, the detail of which will be part of the written Terms and Conditions

one key proposition that MCT is making is that our investors can stop payment at any time and MCT will not pursue them. This brings a unique scenario where poor performance on the pitch or in the Boardroom could lead to an immediate reduction in the budget. While a season in the Championship is not decided becuaee iof one or two poor performances, this makes the Club at all levels more accountable to us supporters than it probably ever has been before

Average pledge right now is just under £400 per pledger over the two years

This means the average pledge is £16.70 per month. our largest single pledge to date is £250 per month which was made on twitter

Therefore the vast majority are at the lower end, which is what we expected and we welcome this

• Upvote 1

Noone previously involved with GMST is part of MCT

We will name all LT members on the website asap

We will also use the Forum, Twitter and our own websiote to keep people up to speed with all aspects of MCT including the LT membership, and the eventual Board of MCT

The LT is still being developed as there are some people who will be joining who have not yet been able to fully commit. This will be included in the updates noted above

Transparency and trust is absolutelhy fundamental to the aims and values of MCT and we appreciate your patience as we move to update the information on the Leadership Team as described

Again, we are still recieivng offers of help from possible volunteers and evefryone is welcome to come forward to do so

Everyone has something to add and we appreciate all the help that has been offered and given to date

Thanks everyone for your time and effort and hopefully you found this useful

On bahalf of MCT the questions are very useful to me and us as gthey highlight some of gthre key areas that people wish to see addressed and I will take this to the weekly meeting of the MCT LT which is tomorrow evening

Maybe this Q&A is something we could do again?

As we've mentjoned in posts above, this is a work in progress and, as we move closer to the first investment deadline, we propose that things will come together in a manner that you are happy with

As stated above, if anyone else is willing to make that "leap fo faith" to pledge safely and securely, in the knowledge that this can be withdrawn if you are not happy in the future, this would be fantastic!

This can be done by emailing your name, pledge value and phone number to pledges@mortonclubtogether.com

Thanks again and Mon eh Ton!

Whats to stop a share issue diluting the MCT shareholding once your reach your target.

Disappointed not to get an answer on this

• Upvote 2
"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

and Golden casket can do a share issue anytime 

Because its a fucking stupid question which has been answered already.

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

Rather than inviting us to trawl through Twitter, could you just tell us who’s involved?

Rhyming off a couple of ex-players from a bygone era who have given you their backing doesn’t sit to easily for those of us looking for a bit of transparency.

What about those not involved in the Leadership Team? Are there some who are taking a back seat?

I genuinely wish any project that’s of benefit to Morton all the best, but remain far from convinced at the moment about this one. Are there any of those previously involved with the GMST involved? Any potentially divisive local councillors with tendencies to lean towards, Celtic?

In spite of your protestations, I’m really not sure we’re being told everything about everyone involved.

Fwiw, the tonasauras fam arent involved

TIME FOR CHANGE!

This will insist that Hopkin/The Manager does receive every penny, unless the majority of our pledgers don't want this to be the case

Mr Rae has already publicly stated that this will be the case and as the representative of the 90+ % shareholder, he effectively controls the GMFC Board

But as the mere representative and not the controlling interest in the club's largest shareholder, Mr Rae's public statements cannot be considered the last word. What's to stop the Golden Casket board adopting a different stance and telling Mr Rae to backpedal from that stance on their company's behalf?

MCT needs to understand that getting firm commitments from GC are more important in building credibility for this or any other plan for the club than Crawford Rae's statements in support. Because as we've just seen with the fate of his last three year plan, the ultimate decision-making power does not lie solely at his door. 

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

But as the mere representative and not the controlling interest in the club's largest shareholder, Mr Rae's public statements cannot be considered the last word. What's to stop the Golden Casket board adopting a different stance and telling Mr Rae to backpedal from that stance on their company's behalf?

MCT needs to understand that getting firm commitments from GC are more important in building credibility for this or any other plan for the club than Crawford Rae's statements in support. Because as we've just seen with the fate of his last three year plan, the ultimate decision-making power does not lie solely at his door.

To be fair i think hes trying to get written confirmation from Crawford and GC

• Upvote 1

TIME FOR CHANGE!

To be fair i think hes trying to get written confirmation from Crawford and GC

Then he probably should have stated that in his response to an earlier question regarding guarantees on investment, instead of essentially claiming 'Crawford says so and therefore it's definitely going to happen' because those aren't the same positions.

This isn't meant to be a dig but I'm not interested in any 'from what I've heard' running commentaries on what MCT's are really doing or thinking right now. I think that's by far the quickest route to GMST-land and complete disengagement from the rest of the fanbase tbh. It would be better for all information or claims about MCT's activities or intentions to be put out there and owned by those who are actually accountable within that organisation; and if the group has to clarify its position then its officials should be left to do that task in their own time. 

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Then he probably should have stated that in his response to an earlier question regarding guarantees on investment, instead of essentially claiming 'Crawford says so and therefore it's definitely going to happen' because those aren't the same positions.

This isn't meant to be a dig but I'm not interested in any 'from what I've heard' running commentaries on what MCT's are really doing or thinking right now. I think that's by far the quickest route to GMST-land and complete disengagement from the rest of the fanbase tbh. It would be better for all information or claims about MCT's activities or intentions to be put out there and owned by those who are actually accountable within that organisation; and if the group has to clarify its position then its officials should be left to do that task in their own time.

Other than crawfords word at this time, and given this is clearly a development, what else can he assume? Taking Crawford at face value, rightly or wrongly

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Primary objective is to invest in the GMFC first team in the next two seasons

Isn't that an extremely short-termist objective?

What happens if, God forbid, the investment in the first team is squandered on shite players? What then? Your hairbrained idea of 'ivry buddy chips in munny' then dies on its arse.

For all their faults, the GMST were head and shoulders above in terms of the thought behind their organisation and what they were aiming to achieve. Their objective was to acquire a substantial shareholding to enable the supporters to have a stake and a say in how things were run at Morton. Granted that both Jim McColl and Stuart Duncan were very ineffective at holding DDFR to account and were unable to prevent reckless spending/borrowing or the Debt-for-equity swap which almost wiped out GMST's once substantial shareholdings, however that is as a result of failings of individuals rather than their initial idea being a failure.

We've got a legal and charity expert working on the share structure. Having met with Hibs and St Mirren supporters groups every club appears to have done this differently. Whatever is recommended as the best solution will be run past pledgers and we will go ahead with the consensus.

In other words, you're not sure.

Morton already have a supporters trust, jut like these Hibs and St.Mirren 'supporters groups' which you have mentioned. The GMST is regulated by the industrial and provident societies act and the concept of a Morton supporters trust remains a good idea, despite the failings of previous office bearers within the organisation.

I can't help but think you are looking to reinvent the wheel here.

MCT itself will be a legally constituted social enterprise/non profit. Again the same expert is recommending the best structure to deliver what MCT is trying to deliver.

In other words, you're not sure.

The Board of MCT will be legally responsible. The Board will be constituted from the Leadership Team (LT) currently made up of around 20 volunteers. Whether the Board is appointed through formal election depends on the legal structure.

Already an Us/them scenario is developing with this scheme with your 'Leadership Team'.

Money back is an important issue and being covered by the legal expert, as this is part of their brief. What I can say is that I will insist that anyone paying a 24 month Direct Debit will be able to stop this. MCT will not chase people for money they don't want to pay.

Is this 'legal expert' working on this pro bono? He's looking into a helluva lot of things.

MCT is not the GMST. MCT has been/is being set up to deliver this current project.

Timescales for the above is tight in order to enable first payments to GMFC in July 2019.

We are working very hard to deliver this.

The GMST was far better organised than this. It had clear objectives from the outset. The people organising the GMST may have had fall-outs etc. at the bitter end but it was far more superior to this hairbrained 'ivry buddy chips in munny' idea which seems more about allowing the owners of the club to abdicate their responsibilities than it does about giving the supporters a say in how things are run at Morton.

That's my final thoughts on this idea - it's hairbrained. You don't seem to have a clue.

• Upvote 2

*insert signature here*