morton v ayr - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

morton v ayr

beetee

The fact we kept a clean sheet yesterday was more to do with a poor Ayr performance rather than us defending well. Waddell is worth persisting with as his form when he first arrived was the best set of defensive performances we've seen all season. Buchanan is a dud and I'd rather see Kilday starting. The lack of organisation at defensive set-pieces could and should have cost us yesterday. In regards to McAlister, I was surprised Ayr didn't try and get Declan McDade on the ball more to try and expose McAlister. 

We were boring and pedestrian in possession and didn't show any clear sign of an attacking game plan. Our ball retention was poor, both technically and tactically with the massive gap in our midfield being a recurring issue. Kiltie contributing nothing of note and I'm hoping that's just a lack of fitness and sharpness. If we're going to persist with the 4-2-3-1 then I'd like to see O'Connell starting on the right and Tidser playing behind Dallas or McHugh. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McAlister was far better at right back than any performance he's put in at midfield and should stay there at the expense of Tumilty until we find better. One of our better performers yesterday without being great. I just wish JJ would do the obvious by playing 2 wingers put wide in O'Connell and Kiltie and play Dallas in his natural position of centre forward. Tisder in behind and the back 4 as it was yesterday with the possible omission of either centre half for Kilday. Then take it from there.

Spot on.  Are you available to take up a short term contact as manager?  Or at least forward your succinct summary to JJ for his personal attention.

Also, what is the point of signing the allegedly decent Dallas and then playing McHugh as our front man?  Even playing both of them as a twin strike force would make sense, and would probably benefit Bob as he seemed to work well in his brief spell with Denny Johnstone as the target man against Ross County but Dallas seemed to be playing more as a midfielder on Saturday.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

To be fair to Bob he does pop up with opportunist goals when he gets the chance - problem being that we create virtually nothing and haven't done for months.  I thought Dallas was supposed to be the answer to our striker deficiency - surely worth playing him as such.  I barely noticed him on Saturday.  I don't remember if he got within 25 yards of goal in open play.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I notice that Brendan McEleny produced the report on the Ayr match.

Is Jonathan Mitchell unwell? He seems to have been absent for some time, and the release of news/information has certainly slowed down and diminished in his absence.

https://gmfc.net/2019/02/18/johansson-we-showed-quality-in-second-half/

The last paragraph - what the **** does it matter tha n 8 of the 13 players playing on sat were under 23?

Fanny 

This obsession with age he has is utterly bizarre. What on earth does he mean by balance? The only players over 30 are McAlister and Millar who was by far and away our best player on Saturday.

And why would you want all your players to be under 23? Who on earth thinks that's remotely a good idea?

AWMSC

https://gmfc.net/2019/02/18/johansson-we-showed-quality-in-second-half/

The last paragraph - what the **** does it matter tha n 8 of the 13 players playing on sat were under 23?

Fanny

Of those 8, 5 are on loan so not even our players so if he's going down the line of its great for the future of the club, it really isn't.

Just feck off JJ

Playing youth for the sake of it rather than it being best for the team then expecting brownie points for it despite your team winning two of their last twelve league games, with a draw and loss to Peterhead and East Fife retrospectively in the midst of that is the mark of someone so far out their depth that they need the coastguard to rescue them.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

That paragraph sounds awfully like Hawke's comments about having youths in the team. 

This is beyond parody. Get JJ to ****. And if the board have ditched their 3 year plan 6 months in then get them all to **** as well. 

Another painfully dull game on Saturday at Cappielow. Season book sales will surely be at a record low if this tadger is still in charge of us for next season. Easily the most boring Morton side I can remember.

Think many of us will be in the same boat with getting a season ticket. I won't bother next season if things stay the way the are. Right now I quite frankly feel the support have been lied to by Rae if we're to go by JJ's comments about reducing the budget. 

Crowds will be down next season and the board are losing the trust of fans as the 'plans' they put in place never amount to anything other than disappointment.

Perfect opportunity for Crawford to pull the 'Part Time' ticket.

Oh, Bring a Friend!

Playing youth for the sake of it rather than it being best for the team then expecting brownie points for it despite your team winning two of their last twelve league games, with a draw and loss to Peterhead and East Fife retrospectively in the midst of that is the mark of someone so far out their depth that they need the coastguard to rescue them.

The age thing is weird because it's not like it's our youth products. Of the guys under 23 who appeared, the eight of them, no fewer than FIVE are on loan from other clubs. I have no problem with loanees - quite the opposite, I think they're vital for teams at our level - but it's not exactly a great achievement, is it?

If we were crowing about either training our own youth or finding able cast-offs from elsewhere (in fairness Iredale would fit that description) that would be one thing, but instead it really just does seem like a box-ticking exercise.

One that comes from above, I fear.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived