Koronavirus - Page 11 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Koronavirus

capitanus

Look at Mr Sensitive - only one of us appears to disenchanted and angry. This remains a football forum where most do not take life too seriously - kind of important at the moment. Maybe you need to go back to watching 24 hour news channels to relax.

Amazingly lots of folk are now ignoring the trolley (which to me seems to be more sensible) and using their own bags. With the limits on what you can buy you really don't need to be stocking for the apocalypse. 

I'm neither disenchanted nor angry, just trying to be helpful. 

Nothing wrong with avoiding trolleys, but the fact is, if you only buy what you can carry, for those with a family that means having to go shopping every couple of days. So it's kinda counter productive.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you have to unbag it all again to be scanned? People are mental. Just keep washing your hands, keep a distance and don't touch your face. The rest is in the lap of the Gods.

You could self-scan I assume, but that then involves using the touchscreen when paying, which could also be hoaching with the virus. 

Bottom line, there's no safe way to shop, so the only way to reduce the risk to a minimum is to follow your advice.

Bottom line, there's no safe way to shop, so the only way to reduce the risk to a minimum is to follow your advice.

...thus completing your furious backpedalling from the 'sterilise your shopping trolley like an OCD weirdo or PEOPLE WILL DIE' meltdown earlier. Thanks for playing anyway.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

...thus completing your furious backpedalling from the 'sterilise your shopping trolley like an OCD weirdo or PEOPLE WILL DIE' meltdown earlier. Thanks for playing anyway.

:lol:

Only, that's not exactly what I said.  :lol:

Just pointing out the obvious, that pre-sterilising one highly possible source of picking up the virus is a sensible precaution to take. Feel free to ignore. :)

I scurried out of my bunker yesterday for a 'big shop' and there was a masked employee at the entrance disinfecting the trolley handles for customers.

This really doesn't seem controversial to me at all.

EOho8Pw.png

I scurried out of my bunker yesterday for a 'big shop' and there was a masked employee at the entrance disinfecting the trolley handles for customers.

This really doesn't seem controversial to me at all.

Exactly, struggling to understand why any sensible person would find it controversial.

:lol:

Only, that's not exactly what I said.  :lol:

Just pointing out the obvious, that pre-sterilising one highly possible source of picking up the virus is a sensible precaution to take. Feel free to ignore. :)

Except that the LargsTON post that you then recommended as

the only way to reduce the risk to a minimum

mentions nothing of the sort. It refers only to the straightfoward 'respect personal space and don't be a clatty bastard' principles that everyone should be following anyway.

I'm afraid that if you can't even stick to your weirdo, OCD-based argument from post to post on here then your bid to be a public health spokesman/general hectoring busybody is doomed to failure. Unlucky.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

So you have to unbag it all again to be scanned? People are mental. Just keep washing your hands, keep a distance and don't touch your face. The rest is in the lap of the Gods.

You do that with a basket or trolley anyway. If it is your bags at least you are responsible for keeping them 'clean'. No inconvenience and you do not need to develop a phobia of supermarket trolleys.

Except that the LargsTON post that you then recommended as

mentions nothing of the sort. It refers only to the straightfoward 'respect personal space and don't be a clatty bastard' principles that everyone should be following anyway.

I'm afraid that if you can't even stick to your weirdo, OCD-based argument from post to post on here then your bid to be a public health spokesman/general hectoring busybody is doomed to failure. Unlucky.

You're obviously not stupid, so I don't believe for one minute that you don't agree that pre-sterilising trolley handles, if you have alcohol gel to allow you to do so, is a prudent thing to do. So not really sure why you continue to insist it's weird and an OCD-based thing to do, and what you're trying to achieve by insisting it is.

You do that with a basket or trolley anyway. If it is your bags at least you are responsible for keeping them 'clean'. No inconvenience and you do not need to develop a phobia of supermarket trolleys.

It's not a phobia, but I'm sure you know that already. You must be built like Arnie in his prime if you can carry a whole week's family shop in bags, fair play to you. 

I'm neither disenchanted nor angry, just trying to be helpful. 

Nothing wrong with avoiding trolleys, but the fact is, if you only buy what you can carry, for those with a family that means having to go shopping every couple of days. So it's kinda counter productive.

Nor am I, I am just less inclined to have a meltdown because someone made an attempt at a humorous response to a post.

Your weekly shop must require a van - two of us with two bags seem able to shop for a family of four adults. Maybe it is the 'wartime' rations that mean we are eating less albeit my expanding waistline would suggest not.

Nor am I, I am just less inclined to have a meltdown because someone made an attempt at a humorous response to a post.

Your weekly shop must require a van - two of us with two bags seem able to shop for a family of four adults. Maybe it is the 'wartime' rations that mean we are eating less albeit my expanding waistline would suggest not.

No it doesn't require a van, but for a family of four, it does require a trolley. 

You're obviously not stupid, so I don't believe for one minute that you don't agree that pre-sterilising trolley handles, if you have alcohol gel to allow you to do so, is a prudent thing to do.

Oh dear. Here is what you literally just sanctioned as

the only way to reduce the risk to a minimum

which states:

Just keep washing your hands, keep a distance and don't touch your face. The rest is in the lap of the Gods.

Note the absence of 'sanitising trolley handles like a paranoid weirdo' from that list.

So not really sure why you continue to insist it's weird or and OCD-based thing to do, and what you're trying to achieve by insisting it.

It's really not my fault that you stormed into the thread under the delusion that you had some stunning, hot take to offer, only to progressively row back from it under scrutiny and ended up completely contradicting yourself and looking like a massive tit instead*. Just as you did while donning a full hazmat suit for your latest, gormless jaunt to Lidl.

Gutted for you.

* otherwise known as 'doing a Zhivago'

Exactly, struggling to understand why any sensible person would find it controversial.

It's not a phobia, but I'm sure you know that already. You must be built like Arnie in his prime if you can carry a whole week's family shop in bags, fair play to you. 

Who said it was controversial? I am all for it, I just prefer to shop in an alternative fashion to you and your bulk-buying of bog roll in a convoy of suitably lubricated supermarket trolleys.

As for any resemblance to Arnie, you got the wrong character from Twins. I can only advice you make an early appointment with Specsavers but remember to take off the hazmat suit as seeing all those wee letters on a screen is a bugger from behind a visor.

Fair dos, apologies all round, and lesson learned. :)

You don't have to learn any lessons just remember to carry lubrication with you when you go for your daily wa...

When you are next sharing a half-pint of Peroni with Zhivago in the Cafe mind and say hello from all in this cesspit of the internet  :1eye:

I'm currently in Heathrow airport and most of the shops and restaurants are closed and the staff are constantly reminding people about social distancing. Maybe the message is finally getting through to people. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I'm currently in Heathrow airport and most of the shops and restaurants are closed and the staff are constantly reminding people about social distancing. Maybe the message is finally getting through to people.

We can only hope that is the case. Sadly, there will always be a significant minority who are only interested in themselves which may only serve to extend the lockdown

Archived