New Away Kit Vote - Page 11 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New Away Kit Vote

Scott

Given that we've just switched CEO and appointed a new manager, I don't think that will have been high in the priorities.

If they can follow up the Hopkin announcement with a couple of decent signings then strip sales will look after themselves.

It's really not much to expect a football club to announce the result of a vote for the away kit within 5 months of the vote finishing. 

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given that we've just switched CEO and appointed a new manager, I don't think that will have been high in the priorities.

If they can follow up the Hopkin announcement with a couple of decent signings then strip sales will look after themselves.

All of which happened months after the vote took place and the result was known.

Strips have zero to do with Hoppy or McKinnon.

Hawke, Rae or Lesley Ann could have managed this.

These are small things that do not take much effort that could be rectified quickly.

Hawke is gone and Rae has obviously been working hard on a new CEO and manager. Lesley Ann does the lottery and hospitality so not really her remit.

A new strip release is far from a priority here.

Now that is a far more hackable rebuttal.

I don't think the work going on behind the scenes towards the end of the season can be underestimated here.

Rae has been pretty ruthless and done what most people wanted within a couple of weeks of the season ending. That didn't just happen overnight and presumably he's been working on this for a while now.

Missing the point entirely, Irnbru.

A vote was held and theres been fuck all mention of a result other than rather confused looks at the Q&A.

Its only not high on the priority list now because it has been a complete fuck up and other things have happened

TIME FOR CHANGE!

A vote was held and theres been fuck all mention of a result other than rather confused looks at the Q&A.

Its only not high on the priority list now because it has been a complete fuck up and other things have happened

It should definitely have been dealt with before now, for sure, but in the whirlwind of a new CEO and manager it's probably a bit down the list. I'd expect it to be dealt with within the next week or so though, if McKinnon is serious about enhancing income it should be one of his first tasks once he gets his feet under the table. It's a PR issue as well, it really isn't a good look.

AWMSC

Is it too late for us to just turn around now to this horrendous kit manufactuer and tell them to bolt or are we in a contract with them for next season? It's very low on the priority list to be fair but it would be amazing to get rid of this shite and provide us with decent kits and training gear to purchase, I mean Ayr have fucking Adidas!

I get where you're coming from - having higher quality materials and a 'name' manufacturer has some appeal. Unfortunately it would just be a case of picking out of the latest team wear catalogues again. If there are no hooped options available for the home kit (and they're usually crap with plain backs) then we could end up in the position of picking something entirely different and potentially very unpopular again - like the Ajax style effort that lead us down this route in the first place.

The bigger brands around who would consider doing something vaguely bespoke for us would be Joma or Macron.

Nah, my point is that it's probably been a task of the old CEO and if he's let it slip then that's maybe part of the reason he's going so pointing the finger at the people there now isn't really justified.

If could have been looked at towards the end of the season but clearly Rae has been working on MacKinnon and Hopkin so I'd rather that that a new top being released.

Is it too late for us to just turn around now to this horrendous kit manufactuer and tell them to bolt or are we in a contract with them for next season? It's very low on the priority list to be fair but it would be amazing to get rid of this shite and provide us with decent kits and training gear to purchase, I mean Ayr have fucking Adidas!

The problem with this is though that they're selling more kits than ever before so why would they change?

I'd love Adidas but it's not going to change.

It's not so much the strips that are the problem (although I'm not particularly a fan), it's the other stuff that's cheap*, tacky rubbish. The old-style strips are decent, but most of the other stuff looks like the tat you'd have bought in the Forum years ago. 

*Very expensive.

AWMSC

I get where you're coming from - having higher quality materials and a 'name' manufacturer has some appeal. Unfortunately it would just be a case of picking out of the latest team wear catalogues again. If there are no hooped options available for the home kit (and they're usually crap with plain backs) then we could end up in the position of picking something entirely different and potentially very unpopular again - like the Ajax style effort that lead us down this route in the first place.

The bigger brands around who would consider doing something vaguely bespoke for us would be Joma or Macron.

Yep, what he said ^^

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

The problem we had with the Nike tops was the effort that went into actually making them look decent, we picked a design which was fine, we then basically had a circular badge ironed onto the top of it. We could easily get a catologe hooped top from a number of kit makers and have a proper badge and sponsor put on it, other teams do it.

As I say it's not a priority but it would be nice to actually have decent quality tops that actually fit true to size, which ours don't.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the Puma stuff.

The problem we had with the Nike tops was the effort that went into actually making them look decent, we picked a design which was fine, we then basically had a circular badge ironed onto the top of it. We could easily get a catologe hooped top from a number of kit makers and have a proper badge and sponsor put on it, other teams do it.

As I say it's not a priority but it would be nice to actually have decent quality tops that actually fit true to size, which ours don't.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the Puma stuff.

The 10/11 Puma shirt was probably my favourite of the last 10 years

I was watching the St Mirren Hamilton game the other night and thought that Hamilton’s top is essentially what we’d end up with as a home top if we had Adidas. Ayr’s new home top with a yellow body and blue shoulder/ neck section would be the away top.

I’m not a fan of our current home top design but I thought the last one with the thin white through the blue hoops was decent!

I’ve also bought the retro home top which is pretty good

here today, gone to hell

Looking back at kit's in my lifetime I don't really remember many of the hooped versions with any fondness:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Greenock_Morton/Greenock_Morton.htm

I went out and bought the 'pinstriped' hoops last season and that's the first time I've bought a home kit in years, possibly since the 2010-11 Puma version mentioned above. We peaked between 1991 and 1996 in my opinion but that's probably got as much do to with childhood nostalgia as it is the quality of the shirt. 

I'd rather have the current While Label Solution* than an off the shelf Nike kit which anyone can buy from any sportswear supplier and just stick a badge on. At least then it's our shirt.

Point in case - Torquay Utd have just launched an anniversary shirt for £60:

https://www.torquayunited.com/united-turn-on-the-style/

...which is just this off the peg shirt, jazzed up a bit: https://www.directsoccer.co.uk/park-vi-ss-jersey-junior-19157

Pro-Direct even had it listed originally as the Park VI shirt but they've updated it as I imagine people noticed the rip-off.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Now that Iron Man and his Geordie bullshit excuses have been emptied the club is just going to launch a Parma top after all instead of the crayon-chewed, total shiters that made up the previous ‘shortlist’.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived