January Transfer Window Thread - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

January Transfer Window Thread

BishopBrennan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No player in their right mind would move to Falkirk right now.

If (and it's a huge if) Falkirk sign well then I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see them finishing above us to be honest. We're not picking up enough points for 12 points to be untouchable. 

Edit: Just had a proper look at the table there. We've only won 3 more games than Falkirk and conceded a goal more. That's a serious concern given how bad they are.

AWMSC

No player in their right mind would move to Falkirk right now.

I doubt players will really give a feck if they are handing out attractive money. Short career and all that....

You could have said the same about St Mirren 2 seasons ago. They were in a right mess but still recruited well, changed their team about, prob paid out a right few quid and stayed up!

If (and it's a huge if) Falkirk sign well then I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see them finishing above us to be honest. We're not picking up enough points for 12 points to be untouchable.

Erm, we’re currently on track to pick up 55 points or so over the entire campaign; even if you only take Johannson’s games we’d still be on track for 48 (and have those other points on the board regardless). There’s absolutely no chance of Falkirk reaching that total.

The same logic applies to the apparent concern we should feel about ‘only’ having won three more games and being ‘only’ twelve points clear. Given that we’ve only played thirteen games, that is a huge margin to build up.

Both claims are nonsensical really. You can certainly have doubts about the team’s progress but we simply aren’t struggling to pick up enough points to compete, never mind get hauled in by relegation fodder.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That stinks of his agent calling in a favour to give him a better bargaining position when Morton inevitably offer him a contract. 

He's never been one I'd be keen to sign to be honest. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Central midfield is quite clearly the strongest area in our current squad and we have pressing issues elsewhere. We have barely four centre-backs to play in a back three formation and are still stuck with piss-poor forwards like McHugh starting on a regular basis. There's also absolutely nothing on his CV to suggest that he'd be a better option than the midfield options that we've got already. 

Offering training facilities to players is a standard gesture but The Famous isn't a glorified social club offering deals to supporters or local players who aren't actually needed. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Central midfield is quite clearly the strongest area in our current squad and we have pressing issues elsewhere. We have barely four centre-backs to play in a back three formation and are still stuck with piss-poor forwards like McHugh starting on a regular basis. There's also absolutely nothing on his CV to suggest that he'd be a better option than the midfield options that we've got already.

Offering training facilities to players is a standard gesture but The Famous isn't a glorified social club offering deals to supporters or local players who aren't actually needed.

Yet we were reduced to playing MacLean there last week? And 4 cbs include our left back and Lee Kilday. In reality we have 6 defenders for 5 positions.

Low would be a good option if we can afford it

Archived