Morton v Alloa - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v Alloa

AyrshireTon

The defence was actually doing somewhat better than this before we made a roaring cunt of the transfer window and brought in some haddy that even the worst team in the division didn’t want.

Not heard or read of someone being described as a haddy for a long time. It was one of my grandfather’s preferred words to describe people he wasn’t exactly fond of. Vividly remember him using it at Cappielow, over 25 years ago now.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our goals against total is shocking.  I know we had a couple of heavy defeats that have maybe made it look particularly bad, but Saturday showed that we are vulnerable even against the likes of Alloa.  I don't rate Hopkin as a manager - when have we ever signed so many duds in a season before, and then when some of them are shipped on, sign some more duds?  There are a few bright spots, but I just don't rate the manager at all.  Leaving out Reece Lyon but having the likes of Millar, a good player asked to play one season too many, on the park regularly does not inspire confidence.

Having said that, no doubt we will turn Ayr over tonight.  How very Morton that would be.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Having said that, no doubt we will turn Ayr over tonight.  How very Morton that would be.

Wish I had your confidence - every time I see us at Somerset Park (even when we win) we play as though the players had just met.

But maybe, just maybe, the defence will have had a wake up call and will shore things up.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

The issue is that there’s nobody to provide a wake up call: the communication and leadership provided by the current centre back dream team is non-existent. I’d rather deal with McLean’s limitations instead right now to have someone at least trying to organise the back line but being left with only these two options on the table is the product of an abysmal transfer window.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Wish I had your confidence - every time I see us at Somerset Park (even when we win) we play as though the players had just met.

But maybe, just maybe, the defence will have had a wake up call and will shore things up.

I don't have any confidence in this team, or more particularly our central defence.  It's just that occasionally Morton seem to grind out an unexpected result.  The last time was probably 4 years ago at Easter Road when we won 3-0.  I live in hope, not expectation.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

The issue is that there’s nobody to provide a wake up call: the communication and leadership provided by the current centre back dream team is non-existent. I’d rather deal with McLean’s limitations instead right now to have someone at least trying to organise the back line but being left with only these two options on the table is the product of an abysmal transfer window.

Aye, at least McLean's main weakness is his lack of speed which is a known and we could work around. The recent individual mistakes have been pretty erratic.

McLean had only really played 4 games since he was part of the defence which conceded 8 in 2 at ICT. He handed out goals against Dunfermline and St Johnstone, but by all accounts was decent against Dundee Utd when he did a lot of defending in the box.

My impression has been that he's the worst of the lot. I think he'd struggle at Junior level.

Archived