Team of the Decade - Midfielders - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Team of the Decade - Midfielders

Admin

TOTD  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Midfielders

• Allan Jenkins
    • Stevie Masterton
    • Jim McAlister
    • Carlo Monti
    • Erik Paartalu
    • Michael Tidser
    • Fouad Bachirou
    • David O'Brien
    • Martin Hardie
    • Tony Wallace
    • Reece Hands
    • Dougie Imrie
    • Joe McKee
    • Robbie Crawford
    • Ross Forbes
    • Jamie McCluskey
    • Michael Millar
    • Conor Pepper
    • Jamie Lindsay
    • Andy Murdoch
    • Gary Harkins
    • Reece Lyon
    • Charlie Telfer
    • Luca Colville
    • Kyle Jacobs

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not voting for Imrie because his head was too big.

Attitude problem and not a team player main reason we were relegated.

I always thought the main reasons for relegation were up for debate between various issues with many different people responsible, including:

The board adopting the 8-8-8 model proposed by Warren Hawke to save money, only to end up spending more on the playing budget anyway to fix the mess after losing our best players

Allan Moore’s recruitment being terrible despite the constraints placed on him by the board Waiting two months after Moore’s position was untenable to sack him

Kenny Shiels being more concerned with imposing a footballing philosophy on an awful squad than grinding out results and failing to achieve either

Players who were horribly out of their depth like McCormack and Cham

Players who were gutless shitebags like McKay and Robertson

Players who were both out of their depth and shitebags like Fitzpatrick and Cole

Players who were utterly past it like O’Connor and Novo

I now see that I was terribly mistaken and the real biggest cause for the disaster of that season was in fact the guy who was our top scorer from midfield, someone who never showed any sign of a bad attitude even when he had managers pissing about trying to play him as a deep lying playmaker when that’s obviously not his game, one of about three players to emerge from the season with any credit, someone who who moved to the top flight on leaving us and played there for the rest of his career.

Dougie Imrie’s fault. Wild.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I always thought the main reasons for relegation were up for debate between various issues with many different people responsible, including:

The board adopting the 8-8-8 model proposed by Warren Hawke to save money, only to end up spending more on the playing budget anyway to fix the mess after losing our best players

Allan Moore’s recruitment being terrible despite the constraints placed on him by the board Waiting two months after Moore’s position was untenable to sack him

Kenny Shiels being more concerned with imposing a footballing philosophy on an awful squad than grinding out results and failing to achieve either

Players who were horribly out of their depth like McCormack and Cham

Players who were gutless shitebags like McKay and Robertson

Players who were both out of their depth and shitebags like Fitzpatrick and Cole

Players who were utterly past it like O’Connor and Novo

I now see that I was terribly mistaken and the real biggest cause for the disaster of that season was in fact the guy who was our top scorer from midfield, someone who never showed any sign of a bad attitude even when he had managers pissing about trying to play him as a deep lying playmaker when that’s obviously not his game, one of about three players to emerge from the season with any credit, someone who who moved to the top flight on leaving us and played there for the rest of his career.

Dougie Imrie’s fault. Wild.

I'm not having that. Robertson was quite clearly a shitebag, out of his depth, and utterly past it.

I'm not having that. Robertson was quite clearly a shitebag, out of his depth, and utterly past it.

Yeah, you’re right. I was struggling for players other than McKay who fit the shitebag category alone (Vine?) but Robertson really was terrible and deserves to be named in all categories.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Yeah, you’re right. I was struggling for players other than McKay who fit the shitebag category alone (Vine?) but Robertson really was terrible and deserves to be named in all categories.

Yeah, I think Vine would fit that type of category. He still had talent, and could still look decent at times, but looked very much like he couldn't be bothered most of the time.

Archived