Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 126 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

I know it's not really the biggest issue, but I'm sick of reading about Gerry McDade "sitting down" with people. When did "sitting down" overtake "speaking to" as the preferred method of communication? It's as bad as "should of".

Or "I've saw".

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Thistle supporting mate was pretty disappointed when they let Doolan go and thought the feeling was shared by most of the support. I’d have thought McCall would have looked at taking him back to Thistle, seeing as he signed him for Ayr, though Doolan may not have been keen as he was said to be pretty disappointed with the way his time ended.

My Thistle supporting mate was pretty disappointed when they let Doolan go and thought the feeling was shared by most of the support. I’d have thought McCall would have looked at taking him back to Thistle, seeing as he signed him for Ayr, though Doolan may not have been keen as he was said to be pretty disappointed with the way his time ended.

Mods, please.

Football fans in wanting to sign former player shocker.

Blind nostalgia clouding judgements as usual. We had people touting a Harkins return before he washed up at Stenny.

Most Partick fans do seem annoyed that they didn't re-sign him despite them signing Zac Rudden and Brian Graham which are likely to be far more effective signings.

McCall obviously well aware that the signings he made were better.

They do seem extra rattled that he has come to us though which is nice. Hope he relegated them.

Football fans in wanting to sign former player shocker.

Blind nostalgia clouding judgements as usual. We had people touting a Harkins return before he washed up at Stenny.

Most Partick fans do seem annoyed that they didn't re-sign him despite them signing Zac Rudden and Brian Graham which are likely to be far more effective signings.

McCall obviously well aware that the signings he made were better.

They do seem extra rattled that he has come to us though which is nice. Hope he relegated them.

He didn’t.

• 4 weeks later...

Happy to see him signed up.

I think some of the praise for him is a tad over the top though. He has looked decent enough in the games I've seen and its welcoming considering most of us thought we were signing an absolute dud but still think he has a long way to go. 

Happy he has signed up as he is a handful and hopefully he continues to improve under Hopkin.

So I make that Orsi, Lyon, Strapp, Jacobs, Colville and McGuffie signed up for next season.  Promising!

Now offer Cadden another 2 years.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Happy to see him signed up.

I think some of the praise for him is a tad over the top though. He has looked decent enough in the games I've seen and its welcoming considering most of us thought we were signing an absolute dud but still think he has a long way to go.

Happy he has signed up as he is a handful and hopefully he continues to improve under Hopkin.

So I make that Orsi, Lyon, Strapp, Jacobs, Colville and McGuffie signed up for next season. Promising!

Salkeld as well.

Aye he only signed a year.

Remember Hopkin talking about him potentially being here longer but presumably he meant someone would need to pay for him as he's under 23, assuming we offer a deal

Remember Hopkin talking about him potentially being here longer but presumably he meant someone would need to pay for him as he's under 23, assuming we offer a deal

I’m sure Hopkin said in a interview he’s signed for next season. Apologies if wrong.

I'm sure he extended for a year through some sort of contract clause.

Archived