Away Fans In The Cowshed. - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Away Fans In The Cowshed.

Toby

Okay, yesterday's result wasn't a direct result of this, and it was all our own doing on the park, but lets get this stupid idea in the bin where it belongs.

Away fans should be coming to Cappielow to pay their money, watch their team get rode and f*ck off with their tails between their legs, not enjoy their experience. If less of them turn up because they're in a sh*te stand with no legroom then it's a hit worth taking.

The Ayr fans had a great time yesterday- it's not really a criticism of our support that they outsang us as it's not uncommon at any ground for that to happen but the only way the atmosphere was improved yesterday was to their benefit.

I've made the point before about having arsehole ball boys who only make an effort to get a ball back when it helps us instead of weans who aren't yet up to the job, but this is another issue that should be addressed. We have to start doing the small things to give us any sort of advantage we can.

Thoughts?

Agreed. The McKinnon saga should be the final straw for Morton, we should be going out our way to become the most horrible bastards we can possibly be to every single person we can possibly be horrible bastards to. Away fans in the Dublin end especially in winter, don't clean the dressing rooms and generally just be as inconvenient as possible. Obviously there's some teams whose officials will be good eggs and should be excluded, but otherwise everybody else can get fucked.

AWMSC

Another thing. I really thought we had turned a corner in the summer, I thought we had finally got rid of the charlatans and wasters that have sullied the club for too long but it seems not. When I say we should be going out our way to be horrible bastards, that includes even our own players who we see can't be fuckin bothered. I was ambivalent about Kilday before yesterday but after that he can get to fuck, McKeown can get to fuck, Oliver can get to fuck, Tiffoney can get to fuck, Tumility can be getting out a road map to find out where it is. I would rather have bad players who give everything they have and kick anything that moves after they've gave it than these arseholes that think they can ponce about doing fuck all. Morton's ethos these days should be defined by ruthlessness, no second chances, no quarter given.

We've tolerated, accepted and even encouraged all these clowns for far too long and it needs to stop:

AWMSC

Another thing. I really thought we had turned a corner in the summer, I thought we had finally got rid of the charlatans and wasters that have sullied the club for too long but it seems not. When I say we should be going out our way to be horrible bastards, that includes even our own players who we see can't be ****in bothered. I was ambivalent about Kilday before yesterday but after that he can get to ****, McKeown can get to ****, Oliver can get to ****, Tiffoney can get to ****, Tumility can be getting out a road map to find out where it is. I would rather have bad players who give everything they have and kick anything that moves after they've gave it than these arseholes that think they can ponce about doing **** all. Morton's ethos these days should be defined by ruthlessness, no second chances, no quarter given.

We've tolerated, accepted and even encouraged all these clowns for far too long and it needs to stop:

Nope, still here.

https://gmfc.net/club/backroom-staff/

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Okay, yesterday's result wasn't a direct result of this, and it was all our own doing on the park, but lets get this stupid idea in the bin where it belongs.

Away fans should be coming to Cappielow to pay their money, watch their team get rode and f*ck off with their tails between their legs, not enjoy their experience. If less of them turn up because they're in a sh*te stand with no legroom then it's a hit worth taking.

The Ayr fans had a great time yesterday- it's not really a criticism of our support that they outsang us as it's not uncommon at any ground for that to happen but the only way the atmosphere was improved yesterday was to their benefit.

I've made the point before about having arsehole ball boys who only make an effort to get a ball back when it helps us instead of weans who aren't yet up to the job, but this is another issue that should be addressed. We have to start doing the small things to give us any sort of advantage we can.

Thoughts?

How many times have Morton supporters been to an away game and it has been a pretty inhospitable experience, whether it's being told to sit on filthy seats which hadn't seen a j-cloth this side of the millennium, arsehole stewards, crap catering facilities, toilets facilities and an all-round miserable experience costing the best part of two tenners.

That is what should be our aim for supporters of arsehole clubs like Ayr, Falkirk, Partick etc. And the Wee Dublin End should only ever be opened if the cramped end of the Main Stand is full. No exceptions, except maybe St.Mirren or some proper big clubs, or unless the weather forecast is looks bleak.

The Cowshed should be a no-go area for away supporters - would Celtic have ever surrendered a fraction of the Jungle to away supporters? - not a chance in hell.

*insert signature here*

How many times have Morton supporters been to an away game and it has been a pretty inhospitable experience, whether it's being told to sit on filthy seats which hadn't seen a j-cloth this side of the millennium, arsehole stewards, crap catering facilities, toilets facilities and an all-round miserable experience costing the best part of two tenners.

That is what should be our aim for supporters of arsehole clubs like Ayr, Falkirk, Partick etc. And the Wee Dublin End should only ever be opened if the cramped end of the Main Stand is full. No exceptions, except maybe St.Mirren or some proper big clubs, or unless the weather forecast is looks bleak.

The Cowshed should be a no-go area for away supporters - would Celtic have ever surrendered a fraction of the Jungle to away supporters? - not a chance in hell.

Yep, worthy of note that Partick Thistle have gone the opposite way by moving away fans into their cramped, rickety old main stand with poor views of the game whilst their 2000 home fans are spread between a 2000 and a 6000 capacity stand. That is of course their prerogative but it seems strange that they don't get similar criticism to what we get from opposing fans. If they're going to moan about the place, we should at least give them good reason to.

It's not as if it's unique. There's been a well publicised tit-for-tat between Rangers and Celtic cutting each others' allocation for the derbies this season, whilst Motherwell and Hibs have both cut Rangers' allocation and left seats empty for important games in recent years.

Celtic also give the sh*tiest part of their ground to away fans whilst in England, Newcastle and Sunderland stick away fans far way up in the gods so they're barely notiiced, whilst the likes of Aston Villa, Leeds and Man United do what they can to keep them out of the sight of the TV cameras.

Are we seeing a significant increase in away supports since being a bit kinder to them? Ayr were always going to bring a decent crowd yesterday anyway Dunfermline have never really brought many.

Archived