Morton v Little Ayr - Page 10 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v Little Ayr

Toby

Three games in and its already looking like Johansson's coat is on a shoogly peg. I said before the game that I'd rather we lost but played well and we're unlucky than play like last week and scrape a point or a win; at least that way you'd have felt we were on the right track and that there was some kind of improvement but I didn't for a minute expect it to be so much worse.

Tiffoney is an absolute disgrace, McKeown shouldn't ever be allowed to wear the jersey again, Oliver is terrible and McAlister should be stripped of the armband.

How many touches did they have in the box for the first goal? Between that and our own corners it was blatantly obvious that the team was totally unprepared for the basics, it's pathetic.

Telfer and Millar were the only players who took any kind of responsibility. When we kicked off after the second goal, Telfer was the only person that looked angry about it, even then you knew what was coming. You seen the third coming a mile off, Tiffoney literally stood and watched their player running off him before making his token wee jog towards him, McKeown done fuck all and Scully was even worse. Again, all three should never play again. It's utterly unforgivable to allow another team's player to be so gutless and lazy.

Just before the penalty, Tidser missed a routine touch and you could tell he was injured to the point of not being able to kick the ball properly. Either the manager or the captain should have took the ball of him, and Tidser himself should have gave it away

That and last week are as bad as you'll ever get. Crawford Rae needs to be thinking about the next manager already, there's no way this can be allowed to drag on.

AWMSC

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tiffoney was considerably worse at the second than he was at the third. He was looking right at Smith but made no effort to get back to cover him and shut off the option for the pass to him. It was only when the pass was finally played that he decided it was worth his while to break into a light jog towards him, when it was already far too late to stop the cross coming in.

That's three goals he's been directly responsible for conceding through sheer laziness already. If that was a player his age breaking through you'd be casting him off into the reserves immediately and not letting him near the match day squad again until he demonstrates that he's sorted his attitude out. The fact he's a loanee shouldn't make it any different.

He thinks tracking runs and just generally putting any effort in at all is beneath him. He's an absolute disgrace and he should never play for the club again.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

We are far to easy to open up and rip apart.

The defence, which has been our strength is seasons gone by, is as weak as water.

Right back is unconvincing and a number of goals have come from his area. Last week him and Kilday were both at Andy Ryan as he scored.

Kilday is neither solid or competent at centre back and if waddle has anything about him he should be brought into the squad.

The left back is just shit. Iredale must play next week.

We have nothing up top either. We are so reliant on Johnstone and he doesn’t get the support from midfield.

I have to say, I am not convinced by Jim McAllister. I don’t know if I have too many memories of him on left wing and now he is defencive I feel he is not doing enough but hope I am wrong.

I think we are an absolute mess and JJ needs to sort it sooner than later as it is getting worse.

We are far to easy to open up and rip apart.

The defence, which has been our strength is seasons gone by, is as weak as water.

Right back is unconvincing and a number of goals have come from his area. Last week him and Kilday were both at Andy Ryan as he scored.

Kilday is neither solid or competent at centre back and if waddle has anything about him he should be brought into the squad.

The left back is just s***. Iredale must play next week.

We have nothing up top either. We are so reliant on Johnstone and he doesn’t get the support from midfield.

I have to say, I am not convinced by Jim McAllister. I don’t know if I have too many memories of him on left wing and now he is defencive I feel he is not doing enough but hope I am wrong.

I think we are an absolute mess and JJ needs to sort it sooner than later as it is getting worse.

Relying on Johnstone is a shite state of affairs, to be honest. Once Bell is fit we should be trying him, the other two haven't came close to justifying their own place so he deserves a start by default.

AWMSC

The international break would be ideal for punting some deadwood. Tiffoney, Kilday & Thomson have to be top of the list. I don't see us doing any significant further business though.

If JJ's contract has similar break-clauses to the one put to Hopkin then he could be punted on the cheap in January and any new manager given the (debatable) cash from our dispute with Falkirk. Houston is still there to take over if this dip becomes a collapse as well.

Will be interesting when they try and analyse that tomorrow. I’m sure Tiffoney will be learning a lot from his fucking wee stupid sauntering back effort while he’s up at Livingston on a Monday.

Kilday all over the place but equally Buchanan struggling when he could of taken folk out or been a bit stronger.

I wonder if VT etc are still absolutely frothing at the gash over Lee Kilday.

I'm too busy waiting on on the set of stunning defensive performances that you confidently predicted Darren Barr would be turning out for us, just before he was 'retired' for being a fucking haddy. 

Fun fact: he was never very good

Fake news, as both his statistics before his last major injury as well as the results of the Gunning-Kilday partnership quite clearly state otherwise. I was ambivalent about offering him a new deal this summer owing to his injury record and whether that level of performance could be recovered. Thanks for playing anyway.

The manager however pointed to an entirely different problem with the defence yesterday: that Ayr's front two were able to move our centre-backs around too easily. A back three provides us with an extra man to deal with the forward line and still allows us to play three central midfielders. The only sacrifice would be two of the four sand-dancers out wide and they would be no loss at all.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'm too busy waiting on on the set of stunning defensive performances that you confidently predicted Darren Barr would be turning out for us, just before he was 'retired' for being a ****ing haddy.

Fake news, as both his statistics before his last major injury as well as the results of the Gunning-Kilday partnership quite clearly state otherwise. I was ambivalent about offering him a new deal this summer owing to his injury record and whether that level of performance could be recovered. Thanks for playing anyway.

The manager however pointed to an entirely different problem with the defence yesterday: that Ayr's front two were able to move our centre-backs around too easily. A back three provides us with an extra man to deal with the forward line and still allows us to play three central midfielders. The only sacrifice would be two of the four sand-dancers out wide and they would be no loss at all.

Tl;dr.

Deal with it

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Just got round to watching the 'highlights'. That is a complete clusterfuck of a defensive display. Laughable attempts from Kilday and Tumilty, with the other 2 not covering themselves in glory either. Tidser's penalty is terrible too. Every penalty he hits is usually banged into a corner or down the middle. Fuck knows why he'd just pass it at the GK. 

Wasn't at the game but watching the video it just looks like the midfield disappeared after the penalty. 

Not an impressive start from JJ at all in honesty. We could end up down the bottom if this continues. 

Just got round to watching the 'highlights'. That is a complete cluster**** of a defensive display. Laughable attempts from Kilday and Tumilty, with the other 2 not covering themselves in glory either. Tidser's penalty is terrible too. Every penalty he hits is usually banged into a corner or down the middle. **** knows why he'd just pass it at the GK. 

Wasn't at the game but watching the video it just looks like the midfield disappeared after the penalty. 

Not an impressive start from JJ at all in honesty. We could end up down the bottom if this continues. 

As others have said, Tidser had been hobbling about since getting treatment after a heavily knock he took just before we equalised. It was no surprise that he didn't strike it with his usual conviction given that he wasn't moving right. His mistake was taking the penalty and not handing it to someone else. 

We're already got Inverness and Ross County away next month. There's little to suggest we're going to take anything from those two and with Falkirk only 6 points behind despite their start, there's a serious danger that the game against them on the 20th is going to be huge for all the wrong reasons.

AWMSC

Archived