MOTM vs Dunfermline 22nd September 2018 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

MOTM vs Dunfermline 22nd September 2018

Admin

MOTM  

42 members have voted

1. 1. vs Dunfermline

• Ryan Scully
    • Reghan Tumilty
    • Rory McKeown
    • Lee Kilday
    • Gregor Buchanan
    • Michael Tidser
    • Jim McAlister
    • Jack Iredale
    • Ross MacLean
    • Denny Johnstone
    • Bob McHugh
    • Scott Tiffoney
    • Gary Oliver
    • Charlie Telfer

Buchanan for me.

FWIW I thought Tiffoney at least showed a bit of desire which was lacking throughout the team. McKeown was a shadow of the player we’d seen so far.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Going forward, yes, but not when needing to track back and defend. He was up to the same laziness that cost us 2 points the previous week.

Fair enough, didn’t notice that aspect of his game on Saturday.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Buchanan for me.

FWIW I thought Tiffoney at least showed a bit of desire which was lacking throughout the team. McKeown was a shadow of the player we’d seen so far.

Aye, but his lack of quality on the ball cost us two promising attacks, and clearly thinks he's above doing any defensive work. 

A speculative shot that should have been saved comfortably doesn't change the fact that he wasn't good enough when he was interested, and now he isn't he's going to contribute even less. Now that his development is not our problem anymore, get him to ****. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Buchanan for me too. I've quite liked him every time I've saw him I have to say, not sure where the question marks over him come from. He needs to work on his use of the ball for sure, but that's something that he can learn over the season.

He was very poor against QotS. He gave away a number of chances. I was certainly heartened by his performance at the weekend - much, much tighter.

if Dunfermline had a competent goalkeeper, the shot was a half-arsed waste of possession. If it was a player who actually got stuck in at the best of times and was general quite useful you'd say offer them the benefit of the doubt and say you make yer own luck, but you need to earn that right.

AWMSC

Buchanan was excellent. He won everything, stopped everything that came his way.

The 2 identical chsnces for Andy Ryan, one of which he scored, came in between Kilday and Tumilty. They need a bit of time to improve as a unit.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Buchanan was excellent. He won everything, stopped everything that came his way.

The 2 identical chsnces for Andy Ryan, one of which he scored, came in between Kilday and Tumilty. They need a bit of time to improve as a unit.

Wouldn't have happened on Mikey Doyle's watch.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Our centre backs were our best players on Saturday, with Buchanan finally starting to look comfortable after a bit of a shaky start. I thought the big man was excellent.

I'm not getting the criticism of Kilday, I thought he was decent, but that channel between him and Tumilty was definitely an issue that needs to be worked on.

Our centre backs were our best players on Saturday, with Buchanan finally starting to look comfortable after a bit of a shaky start. I thought the big man was excellent.

I'm not getting the criticism of Kilday, I thought he was decent, but that channel between him and Tumilty was definitely an issue that needs to be worked on.

Buchanan was good defensively but his distribution was pretty poor.

In fairness, most of the team struggled to pass to a teammate on Saturday.

After watching O'Ware last season I'm quite content with Buchanan at the moment, even with his poor distribution. I think to single out defenders for criticism of their distribution on Saturday is harsh considering how poor the options ahead of them were. He's more solid defensively and knows his limitations when it comes to distribution and the attacking side of the game, it gives him an obvious development opportunity. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

After watching O'Ware last season I'm quite content with Buchanan at the moment, even with his poor distribution. I think to single out defenders for criticism of their distribution on Saturday is harsh considering how poor the options ahead of them were. He's more solid defensively and knows his limitations when it comes to distribution and the attacking side of the game, it gives him an obvious development opportunity.

True but I think it's more that it sometimes but us under pressure rather than just being poor. I like him as a player though and glad we have him. I'd be tempted to play Waddell ahead of Kilday though.

Archived