Morton vs Dunfermline - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs Dunfermline

TONofmemories

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think for a second Dunfermline will struggle as much as their supporters are claiming on P+B, although we do have an excellent record against Dunfermline in the last five years or so.

It will be a big test for Johannson. We should be looking to win this one and I'd like to see us set up accordingly. I'm not entirely convinced that 4-4-2 is the way to go and I think Johannson will be proactive in addressing this, it needs to be 4-3-3. McHugh doesn't suit this formation and I'd rather see him utilised off the bench. The back four are improving more and more with every game, and although we did concede chances on Saturday, I think we're heading in the right direction. McKeown in particular has been excellent. I have a feeling that Kilday may prove to be the weak link and I wouldn't be against Waddell coming in to replace him. I'd go with;

Scully

Tumilty Buchanan Kilday McKeown

McAllister

Millar Tidser

MacLean                                 Iredale

Johnstone

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Not sure Iredale will start considering he hasnt even made it off the bench in the last 2 games. Surprising given he played in the game we beat Ross County.

Hope he does though.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I think Iredale's strength and pace worked well when he played on the left of midfield. I'd agree with dropping McHugh even though he did score a cracking finish against Ross County.  He doesn't contribute much overall.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

This is really a massive game for us. If we end up sitting on three games without a win, particularly having played three sides who weren't in good form themselves, there's a danger of the players starting to lose confidence and that's not a place you want to be in with a new manager. We have to be winning this and kicking on.

Agree with the starting eleven above - McHugh doesn't do enough to start and Iredale did a good job against Ross County. He'd also have been a much better option from the bench than Tiffoney for seeing the game out at Tannadice, but you can't blame Johansson for that when it was his first game in charge and he's still getting to know squad. Hopefully that's all he needed to see through Tiffoney's attitude and banish him from the first team though.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Not really a fan of us using a 4-4-2 at all, unless it's forced upon us by injury.

The team that beat Ross County with Johnston in for McHugh and Telfer in for Iredale (especially if he's injured) would be my pick. Telfer flitted in an out of games at times earlier in the season, but having as dominant a presence as McKeown has proven to be behind him should allow him to drift inside and get on the ball a lot more.

For a team that is naturally going to want the ball all the time, the interchanging and movement from the line of Telfer, Tidser and McLean, with Millar pushing up behind them along with the two attacking full-backs would be a nightmare for a defence to deal with.

AWMSC

Some help needed please -

Talked a few mates in to going to the game tomorrow.

I’ve got a book, but they don’t.

To avoid rushing about tomorrow and to maximise pub time pre match, do you know if I can pick the tickets up today at the ticket office - or does it need to be on the day?

Assuming they don’t sell them in smiths?

Not really a fan of us using a 4-4-2 at all, unless it's forced upon us by injury.

The team that beat Ross County with Johnston in for McHugh and Telfer in for Iredale (especially if he's injured) would be my pick. Telfer flitted in an out of games at times earlier in the season, but having as dominant a presence as McKeown has proven to be behind him should allow him to drift inside and get on the ball a lot more.

For a team that is naturally going to want the ball all the time, the interchanging and movement from the line of Telfer, Tidser and McLean, with Millar pushing up behind them along with the two attacking full-backs would be a nightmare for a defence to deal with.

I wouldn't be adverse to Telfer playing wide left either, but as mentioned he will really need to adapt and try to influence the game far more than he was doing earlier in the season. As you say, McKeown has been an excellent signing this far and should give whoever is on the left hand side a bit more freedom to attack. McHugh simply cannot be played on the left of a 4-3-3 because he is a poacher who has no defensive capabilities whatsoever. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_FfMb3ADI0

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Just had to switch telfer in for millar. Mclean and iredale wide with denny through the middle.

Was actually quite looking forward to seeing Telfer today. Not a fan of the 4-4-2 but hopefully JJ and the team he has set up get a good result.

Archived