Sick Chants - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Sick Chants

Ray Von

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not particularly "sick" but I always liked the "there's only 2 andy gorams" chant we sang up at ibrox in the cup.

Maybe that is seen as sick these days, what with all the mental health awareness stuff going on.

I found it pretty funny at the time tho.

A guy on my facebook had a go at me when he learned that I'd started that one. No idea whether he had mental health issues or if it was because of someone he knew - I thought he was on the wind-up.

I did point out that in reality, Goram likely only suffered from "lazy b'st'rd" syndrome.

Also annoys me that Killie fans got the credit for it the week after.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Sung to Barry Lavety at Cappielow after his "drugs scandal"

There's only one E in Lavety, one E in Lavety

Lavety was probably playing for Clydebank at the time, can recall a group of guys singing it in the Sinclair Street end and holding up a big letter E.

Sounds like you took more drugs throughout the 90s than Lavety did.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

A guy on my facebook had a go at me when he learned that I'd started that one. No idea whether he had mental health issues or if it was because of someone he knew - I thought he was on the wind-up.

I did point out that in reality, Goram likely only suffered from "lazy b'st'rd" syndrome.

Also annoys me that Killie fans got the credit for it the week after.

To the contrary, Andy Goram suffers from a mild form of Schizophrenia, which was reported in the Daily Record at the time. This was the reason for the song in the first place, and If you did start that song as you claimed, you would have known the background of why that song was being sung.

His illness is quite a bit different from being a 'lazy bstard', he did have his problems but even his detractors couldn't deny that he was a great keeper.

*insert signature here*

To the contrary, Andy Goram suffers from a mild form of Schizophrenia, which was reported in the Daily Record at the time. This was the reason for the song in the first place, and If you did start that song as you claimed, you would have known the background of why that song was being sung.

His illness is quite a bit different from being a 'lazy bstard', he did have his problems but even his detractors couldn't deny that he was a great keeper.

I knew nothing of his illness whatsoever. There were quite a few other chants aimed at him that day, only one caught on.

No arguement about his goalkeeping from me.

Edit - I appeared to quote you twice.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Goram was in the news at the time as he’d pulled out of Scotland’s important Euro ‘96 qualifier against Greece, claiming he wasn’t “mentally attuned” whilst managing to play in Rangers’ (RIP) Champions League qualifiers against Anorthosis Famagusta around the same time, which naturally irked fans of clubs like ourselves.

I’d say rather than being lazy, or the explanation about his mental well-being that was doing the rounds at the time, he was encouraged by his club to prioritise a vital European game which his club depended on financially.

Not to worry, all’s we’ll that ends well. Scotland made the Euros anyway, and in spite of Rangers making it to the group stages of the Champions League that year, they’re now a corpse, lying six foot under.

Get it up them.

True, one was competitive and the others weren't, but even so I don't remember players habitually pulling out in the past.

It happened all the time. Rangers and Celtic players have done it for years. Part of the controversy around Derek Johnstone going to 78 world cup was around him having pulled out of squads.

It has been common with regards to friendlies since I can remember.

It happened all the time. Rangers and Celtic players have done it for years. Part of the controversy around Derek Johnstone going to 78 world cup was around him having pulled out of squads.

Fair enough, maybe I just don't remember it well coz I was much younger.

EOho8Pw.png

I remember Fergie would put a lot of pressure on Brian McClair to pull out of Scotland squads in the early 1990s and the Scotland support never really took to him as a result.

*insert signature here*

Celtic have a very sick song about the Ibrox disaster "The Rangers end was empty, they all fell down the stairs".

I once knew a Rangers supporter who would on occasion sing to the tune of Joe Dolce's 'Shut up your face' a song which began "48 Dead in a Dublin Discotheque..." In reference to the Stardust Disaster.

Very sick indeed.

*insert signature here*

I also heard two outside the Black Cat about Lee Rigby. Both pretty horrid

Probably was sick but it's just as sick as the Rangers fans glorifying him for no reason other than he was in an army that didn't behave very well in a country they don't like.

Archived