Mckinnon To Leave For Falkirk Tonight - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mckinnon To Leave For Falkirk Tonight

sammy

I don’t get how he can even be allowed to pull off this snake like move! If Morton had any balls at all, they would surely just say beat it, he’s under contract. Why the feck would they ever allow this!? Do not understand at all

Well that will need to be answered pronto if he is away. We're hamstringing our own season by allowing Falkirk to talk to him, really shoddy decision making at board level. Now fuck knows how long it will take Morton to find a suitable replacement.

And there's another point, if we don't have an immediate replacement, why let your manager go? Better not be putting John fucking Sutton in there

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be very interested to hear how they know that and why it is.

If it were true someone has fucked up when agreeing his contract. Crawford/Hawke better have a very good explanation ready.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

If it were true someone has ****ed up when agreeing his contract. Crawford/Hawke better have a very good explanation ready.

Starting to feel very fucking stupid about my "time to buy in" thread now. I can't believe that we, a professional club, would allow a manager to leave for nothing. That's the kind of shit you get at Largs Thistle.

When all of this shakes out I sincerely hope the club can explain exactly what happened (without breaching confidentiality.)

EOho8Pw.png

Due no compensation according to the Record :lol: **** me https://t.co/YDkwDX5q2a

We made a mistake with the rolling contract idea. We had to give Ray at least 6 months to settle in with his team so why not offer a 1 year full contract?

Can't blame the board too much though, they wouldn't have been expecting a snaking of the highest order. The players can't be happy - everyone of them mentioned Ray as the reason for joining.

Hopefully they will respond to good backing tomorrow.

We made a mistake with the rolling contract idea. We had to give Ray at least 6 months to settle in with his team so why not offer a 1 year full contract?

Can't blame the board too much though, they wouldn't have been expecting a snaking of the highest order. The players can't be happy - everyone of them mentioned Ray as the reason for joining.

Hopefully they will respond to good backing tomorrow.

It's up to the board to secure the manager's services. End of.

A statement should be on the Morton website seconds after it appears on Falkirk's, and if it doesn't include a seriously good explanation of what's happened then Hawke should be out the door immediately. This isn't close to acceptable.

AWMSC

You'd really have to assume so, wouldn't you? I just can't see how it could be otherwise.

Remember we are the club that signed a footballer who was not a footballer, signed a player that we could not register, signed a seriously over-weight junkie to rescue our season... Thankfully, Iron Man has instilled a professional set-up now.

Would have expired by now, surely?

I haven’t counted - just sprung to mind when the DR reported him leaving after three months (or it could be a longer period - or a completely different reason). Probation period seems to me the most logical explanation given we were taking a gamble on him and he was adjusting to travel etc.

How were we taking a gamble on him, exactly?

edit: I know you work closely with the club so let me tell you now - if the spin on this is going to be "we didn't want Ray anyway" then it's not going to work. Absolutely nobody is going to accept that as an answer because even if it's true it doesn't explain why he was hired in the first place.

EOho8Pw.png

How were we taking a gamble on him, exactly?

edit: I know you work closely with the club so let me tell you now - if the spin on this is going to be "we didn't want Ray anyway" then it's not going to work. Absolutely nobody is going to accept that as an answer because even if it's true it doesn't explain why he was hired in the first place.

I have no idea what has happened here, haven’t discussed it with anyone connected to the club, wont discuss it or any other club business with anyone connected to the club, and have no interest in spinning it any which way. But I think it seems logical that if he’s under contract and IF there’s no compensation due then one explanation might be a probation period as it’s a fairly standard practice.

Allowing somebody to build an entire squad when they could contractually stroll away after a few weeks would be the most insanely stupid thing imaginable, which means that's probably exactly what's happened. 

Either you give the manager a year minimum or you don't take him.

AWMSC

In the same way that most, if not all, managerial appointments are calculated gambles.

If most or all managerial appointments were gambles then you'd see this happening a lot more often because everyone would have the same probationary clause. Then if a manager has a superb two-or-three months at a club, a bigger one can swoop in and take him for nothing. So why doesn't this happen multiple times a season across the UK? I can only think of one case in Scotland in the last few years. Does it happen a lot in England?

EOho8Pw.png

Archived