Championship 2018-19 Thread - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2018-19 Thread

Do both Thistle and County get the same amount of parachute money as each would if they were the only team to be relegated, or share a pot?

They each get a separate payment, it's not split. And it's very, very generous. 500k for 11th, 300k for 12th, then around half that the season after. This is in addition to the prize money.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh I'd prefer him to McKinnon.

He was overrated at Thistle, did a fairly poor job at DU, and relegated York City twice. We should run, not walk, in the other direction if he's shown an interest.

EOho8Pw.png

He was overrated at Thistle, did a fairly poor job at DU, and relegated York City twice. We should run, not walk, in the other direction if he's shown an interest.

I think that's slightly harsh. He had Thistle playing some superb football and brought in the likes of Doolan. York City I'll give you but Dundee Utd have been a bit of a basket case for some time now.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

They each get a separate payment, it's not split. And it's very, very generous. 500k for 11th, 300k for 12th, then around half that the season after. This is in addition to the prize money.

Ta.

I think that's slightly harsh. He had Thistle playing some superb football and brought in the likes of Doolan. York City I'll give you but Dundee Utd have been a bit of a basket case for some time now.

He inherited Doolan from McCall. He did recruit well that summer, but the best thing that happened to Partick that season was McNamara leaving. Up to that point they had two wins in nine away games and two defeats in their head to heads with us - Archibald turned that into six wins and three draws in their away games, with a win and a draw against us. Their improvement under Archibald was instant, because he's a far better manager than McNamara. If he'd remained at Partick for the whole season we'd have won that league, because one good summer of recruitment couldn't disguise his tactical ineptitude.

On top of that, he was the one who turned Dundee United into a basket case, and is also a massive snake who has left every club he's managed utterly despised by their fans because of his conduct.

All things considered, I'd reappoint Jim McInally as manager before entertaining the prospect of giving Jackie McNamara any kind of role at Morton.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Dunning saved me having to type it - Archibald did a far better job than McNamara. 

And he gave Kudus a three-year deal at Tannadice when they were in the SPL.

EOho8Pw.png

Falkirk's last great white hope Craig Sibbald finally leaves for the bright lights of, err, Livingston. Cue a spate of seething breakdowns across the Stirlingshire area.

1428418639-d2436d6c6a8200a35d65ab4efa46a

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Falkirk's last great white hope Craig Sibbald finally leaves for the bright lights of, err, Livingston. Cue a spate of seething breakdowns across the Stirlingshire area.

1428418639-d2436d6c6a8200a35d65ab4efa46a

Their fans raved about him being some sort of wonderkid. Can’t say I was ever impressed when I saw him play.

Used to look a decent player.  Seems to have lost his way a bit.  A lot.  Totally.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Guest mcintyre_gmfc93

Hopefully we start getting a bit more contract news next week.

Andy Murdoch and Ricki Lamie pls.

http://pfascotland.co.uk/items/PFA-News/pfa-scotland-announces-pitchrater-app-results

Cappielow rated 22nd best pitch in Scotland. Was the pitch not voted best a couple of years ago? 

Whilst it held up quite well through the long winter, I don't think it has looked great for a season or so now. Grass always looks long and the ball bobbles about quite a lot unless it has been raining. 

Pitch hasn't looked the same at all after the major work that was done... think it was last summer? At that point the pitch was being talked about as one of the best, strange to have done something that clearly made it worse.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Archived