Best Songs and Chants - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Best Songs and Chants

Also. Late 90s early 00s. The shed went round every player in our team when the warm ups were on singing "Davie Wylie hates st Mirren, Derek Collins hates st Mirren" etc until we'd run out out players so finished with "Everybody hates St. Mirren". That was ace.

MORTON - NEWCASTLE

I particularly like the "What a wonderful way to spend the day..."

Another which I like from recent years:

"Duffy's fucking magic, he's got a baldy heid"

One memorable game was the last game of the season against Dundee United, which was one huge love in and every time I hear the "Let's go fucking mental for Super Ray McKinnon" reminds me of that day.

:D :thumbup2:

*insert signature here*

Toby mentioned a couple in another thread.

"Two Andy Gorams" for one. I liked the Beasts from the East when we went to Ceptic Park.

Any more

Goram’s reaction was brilliant, wobbling about like a madman! McCoist joined in as well.

And even the green brigade laughed at the beast from the east.

Another cracker was to the Peterhead fans in the 3rd division decider - “sing when you’re fishing, you only sing when you’re fishing”, they loved it as well.

Goram’s reaction was brilliant, wobbling about like a madman! McCoist joined in as well.

And even the green brigade laughed at the beast from the east.

Another cracker was to the Peterhead fans in the 3rd division decider - “sing when you’re fishing, you only sing when you’re fishing”, they loved it as well.

Did they, aye?

I don't think they did either.

However, that particular day when it was absolutely freezing, 12noon Sunday kick-off at Parkhead with most public transport cancelled because of the weather, the song: "Glasgow Celtic, the Beasts from the East" was an absolute belter and easily the highlight of that day from a Morton perspective. IMHO that song is far better than the "Two Andy Goram" song.

FWIW the Green Brigade weren't remotely interested in Morton that day. DreamOakTree is talking pish there, as per usual.

*insert signature here*

The only laugh we ever got at Parkhead was when we cheered Efe Amrose's name being read out in the 2015 QF.

The "Rangers - as dead as Parkhead" banner at Ibrox would have been more effective had it lasted more than a couple of seconds.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I don't think they did either.

However, that particular day when it was absolutely freezing, 12noon Sunday kick-off at Parkhead with most public transport cancelled because of the weather, the song: "Glasgow Celtic, the Beasts from the East" was an absolute belter and easily the highlight of that day from a Morton perspective. IMHO that song is far better than the "Two Andy Goram" song.

FWIW the Green Brigade weren't remotely interested in Morton that day. DreamOakTree is talking pish there, as per usual.

Why those fuckwits' opinions of or reactions to anything we do is even remotely relevant to any Morton fan is beyond me.

Archived