The Tidser Thread - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Tidser Thread

TRVMP

74 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think has happened with Tidser?

• Signed a pre-contract elsewhere
    • Signed a new deal with Morton
    • Nothing
    • Don't know

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not cmdc. last decent pay day knows he will have offers elsewhere but wanted to stay morton said no so he's leaving its not really complicated.

Because there was no way on earth the club would be in a position to double the wage of someone who is already one of the, if not the, highest earners at the club. He’s entitled to ask, of course he is, but there’s not a chance he was ever going to get that.

Because there was no way on earth the club would be in a position to double the wage of someone who is already one of the, if not the, highest earners at the club. He’s entitled to ask, of course he is, but there’s not a chance he was ever going to get that.

Aye, I'd find that hard to believe is well, to be honest. 

AWMSC

You can belive it or not your choice he asked they said not a chance so he's off.

He's well within his rights to ask as he's said young family to look after not getting any younger so he's going just wish it wasn't to those horrible bastards but if they think he's worth say a grand a week n we don't then he's obviously going to take it on a multi year deal.

Who do you think sanctioned it? He’s out of contract at the end of the season, he can do what he wants.

Have i disputed that fact? No.

Someone at the club though has failed to enter into discussions with him surrounding his future. At least that's what the various sources suggest.

He should've been made a concrete offer wkth the promise of a testimonial.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Aye, I'd find that hard to believe is well, to be honest.

I can believe it, because I can believe that Falkirk would offer to double his salary. If they made the offer first then all Tidser was doing was asking the club to match it.

We should have made him a good offer with a testimonial attached. Really poor stuff if we made him no offer. We'll be Dykesing our way to League One if that's our business strategy.

Someone at the club though has failed to enter into discussions with him surrounding his future. At least that's what the various sources suggest.

I don’t understand why loads of people seem to think a testimonial would help make his mind up. Who did Weatherson end up playing, St Johnstone?

I can believe it, because I can believe that Falkirk would offer to double his salary. If they made the offer first then all Tidser was doing was asking the club to match it.

We should have made him a good offer with a testimonial attached. Really poor stuff if we made him no offer. We'll be Dykesing our way to League One if that's our business strategy.

If we double everyones wages it’d be worse than League One, we would do a Rangers or Gretna.

How is it poor? Why would the club go offering improved deals for any players in a floundering mid-table rabble when they've no idea what division we'll be in next year? That would be absolute idiocy. 

Every year there are no contracts handed out until the budget is set at the end of the season. Tidser is well aware of this having been here for most of his career. 

Bringing in an ambitious manager backing him and letting him totally restructure the backroom staff says that though. We might not have won anything with McKinnon but I think we'd be up there challenging.

That ambitious manager was in the door a matter of weeks and got the hell out of dodge. I'd say that's a more damning indictment of our ambition than us getting him in the first place.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I don’t understand why loads of people seem to think a testimonial would help make his mind up. Who did Weatherson end up playing, St Johnstone?

Unless I'm mistaken which has been known to happen often, Offering a testimonial isn't based on giving him a glamour fixture and a thank you from fans. He would get the majority of the money generated from that fixture in his back pocket.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

If we double everyones wages it’d be worse than League One, we would do a Rangers or Gretna.

Why would we double everyone's wages? I didn't even say we should double Tidser's wages. I said we should have made him a good offer. If someone else offers something better then so be it, but to offer him nothing because we don't plan in advance is unhelpful.

Unless I'm mistaken which has been known to happen often, Offering a testimonial isn't based on giving him a glamour fixture and a thank you from fans. He would get the majority of the money generated from that fixture in his back pocket.

There’s an obvious correlation between how glamorous a fixture is and how much money it generates though, which I’d assume is RayVon’s point.

Morton don’t generally attract terribly high profile opposition for friendliest- the highest profile in recent years was Cardiff, in a fixture we couldn’t fulfill.

How is it poor? Why would the club go offering improved deals for any players in a floundering mid-table rabble when they've no idea what division we'll be in next year? That would be absolute idiocy.

Every year there are no contracts handed out until the budget is set at the end of the season. Tidser is well aware of this having been here for most of his career.

Tidser is a player with proven quality at this level, hence why the last two deals he signed were for 2.5 years and 2 years. I think we'd struggle to be as good as a 'floundering mid-table rabble' without Tidser. I'm not saying offer him something crazy. I'm not saying accept demands to double his salary. I'm saying that he's a popular player with proven quality and offering him a good deal makes sense. If he signed a new deal it would go down well with the fans and it would secure a player with proven quality. As I said, if he gets a better deal somewhere else then so be it, but inflexibility here seems rather unwise.

If it's Bob McHugh or Robert Thomson, then I agree, two year deals aren't the way to go, but it's not.

What sources suggest that the club haven’t discussed Tidser’s future at all nor offered a deal?

Be very specific.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I think talk of being lied to/conned at the start of the season is wide of the mark.

I don't think the support was lied to at the start of the season; at the start of the season Crawford gave a sizable budget to McKinnon for investment both on and off the park. Season tickets were sold along with the supposed '3 year plan'. Everything was rosy until McKinnon snaked off to Grangemouth. 

Johansson started this discussion with his comments about the budget. If Johansson has been told to cut the budget by the board then I do feel that the board lied to the fans by abandoning the apparent 3 year plan after about six months. Either Johansson has deflected wildly with no repercussions (as Dunning mentioned) or the board have tried to quietly abandon the plan they shouted from the rooftops at the beginning of the season. Neither bode well for mending the rupture between the club and the support.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

A season full of events, culminating with a friendly match at Cappielow, with the majority of the income generated going into your back pocket. That's a very handsome incentive to anyone. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Tidser is a player with proven quality at this level, hence why the last two deals he signed were for 2.5 years and 2 years. I think we'd struggle to be as good as a 'floundering mid-table rabble' without Tidser. I'm not saying offer him something crazy. I'm not saying accept demands to double his salary. I'm saying that he's a popular player with proven quality and offering him a good deal makes sense. If he signed a new deal it would go down well with the fans and it would secure a player with proven quality. As I said, if he gets a better deal somewhere else then so be it, but inflexibility here seems rather unwise.

If it's Bob McHugh or Robert Thomson, then I agree, two year deals aren't the way to go, but it's not.

Isn't Tidser being equally inflexible, if not more so, if all is to be believed? "Break the established financial planning convention of this club, just for me, and give me a new deal on double the money right now, or I'm off to Falkirk"

Tidser is a player with proven quality at this level, hence why the last two deals he signed were for 2.5 years and 2 years. I think we'd struggle to be as good as a 'floundering mid-table rabble' without Tidser.

When we finished in the promotion playoffs and reached the League Cup semi final Tidser couldn’t get a starting place in our team: a free agent that we picked up in September and a quality loan were the basis for that success. So while it’s hardly ideal to lose a player of Tidser’s quality and have to make another addition to the squad this summer, it’s really not the death knell to all ambition that people are shrieking about on here. Every player has a maximum possible worth to the club and if Tidser wants to chase more money elsewhere by joining King Snake’s outfit then hell mend him.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived