Who would you keep from current squad for next season? - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who would you keep from current squad for next season?

74GMFC

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My take is that McAlister probably isn't captain material. He'd be far better concentrating on his own game without that distraction.

Yes, was surprised that Millar wasn't made captain.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Yes, was surprised that Millar wasn't made captain.

I have no issue with McAlister as captain although I would be equally happy with Millar.

My issue is McAlister's position where although he puts in a power of work it doesn't play to his strengths.

We are crying out for a right back strong in defence and attack with a good final ball and we have a surplus of midfielders.

Get Jim to right back and we are a better team all round.

Well he's not a center mid he's played right wing/back before plenty of energy so it could happen. He's just never a center mid.

Agreed. He's not been a big influence in the middle of the park but was always solid defensively when played as a wing back earlier in his career. He's a short term solution to either Tumilty or Iredale/McKeown IMO.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

McAlister has not played as a wing-back/wide midfielder since he left us in 2010,other then a game or 2 for Hamilton. He's a central midfielder, and one that's not been making a positive enough impact to merit a regular starting spot. I'd be more than happy to see him dropped to the bench, and for Millar to slot into the holding role.

McAlister has not played as a wing-back/wide midfielder since he left us in 2010,other then a game or 2 for Hamilton. He's a central midfielder, and one that's not been making a positive enough impact to merit a regular starting spot. I'd be more than happy to see him dropped to the bench, and for Millar to slot into the holding role.

I don’t believe he ever played as a holding midfielder before this season. Dundee converted him to a midfielder for his stamina to run back and forward for 90 minutes, not anchor the midfield in front of the defence. Presumably.

I thought Millar played the defensive midfield role for St Johnstone so I've found it a bit weird all season that Mcalister has played that role while Millar has been playing everywhere from left midfield to right wing at times.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I thought Millar played the defensive midfield role for St Johnstone so I've found it a bit weird all season that Mcalister has played that role while Millar has been playing everywhere from left midfield to right wing at times.

Aye, a range of passing would be handy in that position. Instead we’ve got a quality range of pointing.

Aye, a range of passing would be handy in that position. Instead we’ve got a quality range of pointing.

I've said it a million times but I'm amazed Jim made it at a higher level for a player with such limited attributes. He's not particularly good at anything.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I've said it a million times but I'm amazed Jim made it at a higher level for a player with such limited attributes. He's not particularly good at anything.

By the time he left he didn't look like a player who was just to good not to be at a higher level, he just looked like a player we were well rid off. A glorified Mark Russell, if you will.

He certainly had his moments first time round but over the piece his contribution wasn't really at that great. He was part of multiple failures and quite frankly, 300 games for the club flatters him.

AWMSC

Almost 100 games in the top flight and then an ever-present run at Blackpool until his injury. If he had nothing about him, wouldn't someone have noticed before that?

Exactly. I've asked myself the same thing numerous times. Either way he's not good enough for Morton just now and that's all that matters.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

A few of you guys are very harsh on Jimbo, and I don’t understand your motivation for wanting to discredit a very good Morton player. I’m not claiming he was aTon Legend or anything like that but he certainly played a big part in successful promotion challenges. I find it quite sad that some Ton fans choose to use this forum as a platform to slate one of our better players from the last couple of uninspiring decades. What motivates you guys to want to discredit some of our better performers?

Archived