French Election - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

French Election

capitanus

I expect she'll do a bit better than her old man before getting convincingly defeated in the run off.

Indeed that's almost certainly what will happen, the polls have Macron between ~60 and 65% in the run-off.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/french-election-emmanuel-macron-beat-marine-le-pen-lose-second-round-president-france-vote-fn-a7698946.html?cmpid=facebook-post

It's funny how The Independent gets rubbished as a credible news source if/when it says less than sympathetic to the pro-SNP tartan seperatist movement, however it's good enough for things like this. :D

*insert signature here*

It's funny how The Independent gets rubbished as a credible news source if/when it says less than sympathetic to the pro-SNP tartan seperatist movement, however it's good enough for things like this. :D

I was actually referring to the BVA, Harris Interactive, Ifop, Ipsos and Opinion Way polls contained within the article, rather than the article itself. :P

Anyway, time will tell, fancy a wee charity wager?

I was actually referring to the BVA, Harris Interactive, Ifop, Ipsos and Opinion Way polls contained within the article, rather than the article itself. :P

Anyway, time will tell, fancy a wee charity wager?

Nah, I don't want to have to depend on the French for anything and they will probably vote for a Frenchman anyway, instead of voting the right way.

You tried a stunt like that before anyway, and you wanted to give money to the Gays.

marine-le-pen_245043k-300x200.jpg

*insert signature here*

Poor left whingers getting an multinational kicking, keep it up.

The dialectic of today in the West is not left versus right, it's nationalist versus globalist. And Macron is the globalist nonpareil. And he's likely to win by a very large margin. If you view either a Le Pen or a Macron win as a victory over 'the left' then you need to ask yourself why beating them matters and why you're more worried about that than the enormous chasm between the policies of Macron and those of Le Pen.

To be clear you're not the only person who is still fixated on an 80s view of politics. The National Review, the de facto organ of mainstream Republicans in the US, wants Macron because... Le Pen wants to nationalize predatory banks. That is her cardinal sin.

EOho8Pw.png

You tried a stunt like that before anyway, and you wanted to give money to the Gays.

I did indeed, and you bottled it then as well. :P

You can choose who the money goes to if Le Pen wins, as long as it's a registered charity I'll be happy to pay up. 

'Mon Paul, grow a pair and put your money where your mouth is. :)

I did, and you bottled it then as well. :P

You can choose who the money goes to if Le Pen wins, as longs as it's a registered charity I'll be happy to pay up. 

He should only be taking that bet of you're laying odds commensurate with opinion polling, because it was pretty accurate for round one. (The 'shy Tory' and/or monster vote doesn't seem to exist in France.)

EOho8Pw.png

She has stepped down as FN leader, I assume in order to try to win broader appeal. I highly doubt it'll work. But it's a last-ditch effort.

With her campaign to erase her name and this she really is pulling out the stops. She'll be wearing a burka by next week if she thinks there's a chance of an extra vote or two.

With her campaign to erase her name and this she really is pulling out the stops. She'll be wearing a burka by next week if she thinks there's a chance of an extra vote or two.

Bit of an exaggeration, that. The FN is analogous to Ukip in that its membership and support doesn't translate into seats, except in the EP (which is the South of Scotland league of politics.) It's a tool for leaders, nothing more. She's within her rights to try for a broader appeal. Now, that said, I am highly skeptical that it'll work. Those who say "I could never vote FN" are not going to change their mind based on this, in my view. But I could be wrong.

EOho8Pw.png

In any case, the PS aside, major parties in France are transitory. Macron's party was formed for this election. I wouldn't get too hung up in some kind of betrayal of the party here. They're not venerable institutions like in the US or UK.

EOho8Pw.png

I did indeed, and you bottled it then as well. :P

You can choose who the money goes to if Le Pen wins, as long as it's a registered charity I'll be happy to pay up. 

Ach why not. We'll call it a score for Erskine Hospital ?

:)

*insert signature here*

The dialectic of today in the West is not left versus right, it's nationalist versus globalist. And Macron is the globalist nonpareil. And he's likely to win by a very large margin. If you view either a Le Pen or a Macron win as a victory over 'the left' then you need to ask yourself why beating them matters and why you're more worried about that than the enormous chasm between the policies of Macron and those of Le Pen.

To be clear you're not the only person who is still fixated on an 80s view of politics. The National Review, the de facto organ of mainstream Republicans in the US, wants Macron because... Le Pen wants to nationalize predatory banks. That is her cardinal sin.

Your wee lefties took a big hit, whether my thinking is is 80's 90's or whatever, you are still losing election after election globally. I must applaud you on your your use of big words, stylish.

Archived