Best Takeaway In Inverclyde? - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Best Takeaway In Inverclyde?

TheGoon

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Wemyss Bay does count as Inverclyde. It's just before the border to North Ayrshire, which is at Skelmorlie.

It's been years since I had a chippy in Inverclyde so I can't rate those but early last year I had a kebab at Oasis, my former weekend favorite - what a disappointment. Their luscious chili sauce was replaced with some minging, ketchup-y rubbish.

EOho8Pw.png

Don't know if it's the same in Greenock but I find it very difficult to find a takeaway that stays consistently good year in year out. The number that dish up average to absolute minging food is incredible.

Don't know if it's the same in Greenock but I find it very difficult to find a takeaway that stays consistently good year in year out. The number that dish up average to absolute minging food is incredible.

I feel the same way, hence my disappointment with Oasis, which previously was actually good. But with takeaways people go for convenience over quality, which is understandable. The idea of driving or walking an extra fifteen minutes for a kebab of better quality, most people would consider weird in the UK.

EOho8Pw.png

I certainly wouldn't consider it weird. I love a good kebab, I also love a Lahmacun which are very few and far between in Scotland. I was spoilt for years as I lived not far from the Istanbul Grill House at Paisley Road Toll, which served the best kebabs ive ever tried outside Germany with homemade sauces and fresh baked Turkish breads, fresh meats on a charcoal grill etc. https://food.list.co.uk/place/103759-istanbul/

*insert signature here*

Don't know if it comes under Inverclyde but Macari's in Wemyss Bay is the best chippy I've came across down that way.

Also,

I think that if some enterprising individual was to open a decent chippy around the Cathcart Street area they'd make an absolute fortune.

Agreed. There's hee haw in that area unless you're wanting to sit in somewhere. Blue Lagoon (if it still exists) and Kilted Kebabs are the closest and they're away on the other side of the mall.

Agreed. There's hee haw in that area unless you're wanting to sit in somewhere. Blue Lagoon (if it still exists) and Kilted Kebabs are the closest and they're away on the other side of the mall.

The Baloo Lagoon!?!

I wouldn't let the Homeless eat out of there. They have loads of shops, everyone of them fucking revolting.

*insert signature here*

The Baloo Lagoon!?!

I wouldn't let the Homeless eat out of there. They have loads of shops, everyone of them ****ing revolting.

I think it might've got taken over a year or two ago but I canny remember. Try avoid the town at all costs.

For a chippy I used to go to Gianni's all the time but recently it's been swimming in oil, would only go there for a pizza these days. I prefer Luigi's for proper chippy food but still wouldn't say it's great.

Definitely Priyas Palace for an Indian and I just don't like Chinese food at all so no help there. Cafe Balfe does takeaways but pretty pricey. Arlecchino is ok for what it does, good if a load of folk want different things.

May try Tonino's this weekend for a change.

On a related topic, where's the best place for a hot roll (bacon, slice etc) on a Saturday morning? I've been going to the West Station Cafe recently but must be better out there.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

For a chippy I used to go to Gianni's all the time but recently it's been swimming in oil, would only go there for a pizza these days. I prefer Luigi's for proper chippy food but still wouldn't say it's great.

Definitely Priyas Palace for an Indian and I just don't like Chinese food at all so no help there. Cafe Balfe does takeaways but pretty pricey. Arlecchino is ok for what it does, good if a load of folk want different things.

On a related topic, where's the best place for a hot roll (bacon, slice etc) on a Saturday morning? I've been going to the West Station Cafe recently but must be better out there.

Orangefield Cafe is decent.

Used to love a bacon roll from TJ's across from the college.

Getting a Tonino's at the weekend to see what the fuss is about, cmdc. If it's shite I'm getting a taxi to your house to smear it aw 'er yer carpet.

Orangefield Cafe is decent.

Had one a few weeks ago and it was alright, only downside was it took 20 minutes to cook a slice roll. Could have walked to spar, bought everything, walked home and cooked it myself in that time.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Chinese - Cathay Royale
Indian - Taj Mahal

Kebab - Kilted Kebabs

Pizza - Gate of India

Chippy - Gianni's (Greenock)

Fry-up - John's Joint

Feel free to disagree with these choices, but other than the Taj Mahal/Priyas Palace debate which could go either way your disagreement will make you very, very wrong.

Jax Snax is absolutely outstanding by the way, but it doesn't fit into any conventional category.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived