New Website. - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New Website.

GR_

Hey guys, since mortonunofficial has closed it's doors after many years of loyal service to the club, I was throwing around the idea of making a new morton website which offer'd the same things as morton unofficial.

This post is really to ask if anyone would be interested in helping me? even for writing things such as match reports.. I'm not trying to be annoying to greenockmorton.net as im glad someone else has followed on the challenge of making an unofficial site, im basicly asking you guys for help?

Cheers

Gr_

Hey guys, since mortonunofficial has closed it's doors after many years of loyal service to the club, I was throwing around the idea of making a new morton website which offer'd the same things as morton unofficial.

This post is really to ask if anyone would be interested in helping me? even for writing things such as match reports.. I'm not trying to be annoying to greenockmorton.net as im glad someone else has followed on the challenge of making an unofficial site, im basicly asking you guys for help?

Cheers

Gr_

10705[/snapback]

Don't really see the need mate.

This is a cracking website and has really taken off already.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Don't really see the need mate. 

This is a cracking website and has really taken off already.

10707[/snapback]

Yeah, I echo what LargsTON has said.

It would be good if you could get a site going with match reports, team news or something, just stuff to do with the club and maybe some pics.

Good luck anyway.

No need "GR Layouts"

We all remember your posts on the other site anyway.

Bridges Burned.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

The page:

http://www.greenockmorton.net/site

Will soon be live on this site :)

If you decide not to do your own site, maybe you could do a couple of match reports for this one? Up to you, of course.

10716[/snapback]

Getting a wee bit cocky there with the Newsflash section Nacho? careful now or Div will be down on you like a ton of bricks.

IPB Image

Funny you should mention this, because for a while (over a year!) I have been thinking about how I could integrate into the tontastic web site some more information about the games, such as team lists, results, match report etc. Looking back on old games is all very good, but I am quite often emailed to ask who a certain player is that overseas fans don't recognise.

I didn't want to step on Eddie's toes as the match reports etc were on his site, and I'm not that kinda guy to just duplicate the effort. Do folk think that reference information such as this would be a useful thing to have on my web site?

Specifically ...

- Folk could contribute their opinions of the games at the time of the game (match reports)

- Team Lists

- Results, with scorers, times, bookings etc

- any suggestions?

Tontastic : Web Site | Facebook | Twitter

Guest midTONs
Funny you should mention this, because for a while (over a year!) I have been thinking about how I could integrate into the tontastic web site some more information about the games, such as team lists, results, match report etc. Looking back on old games is all very good, but I am quite often emailed to ask who a certain player is that overseas fans don't recognise.

I didn't want to step on Eddie's toes as the match reports etc were on his site, and I'm not that kinda guy to just duplicate the effort. Do folk think that reference information such as this would be a useful thing to have on my web site?

Specifically ...

- Folk could contribute their opinions of the games at the time of the game (match reports)

- Team Lists

- Results, with scorers, times, bookings etc

- any suggestions?

10837[/snapback]

I think that would be a great idea and if the Tontastic site and this site worked in tandem with each other ie direct links etc, it would be even better.

New homepage will be fine.

Look at the front page of the blackandwhitearmy site too see how it will probably work.

Clicky.

AT

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Getting a wee bit cocky there with the Newsflash section Nacho? careful now or Div will be down on you like a ton of bricks.

10822[/snapback]

That bit's there from last year when Morton beat Gretna 1-0. In fact it was Div who put it there :lol:

p.s. Tontastic, check your PMs ;)

EOho8Pw.png

So thought's are that this one is enough.. would anyone be totally against a new one? not saying this site aint enough, the forums taken off with a bang..

GR_

10902[/snapback]

There's just no need for another one?

Is there?

There's just no need for another one?

Is there?

10908[/snapback]

at this moment yes, i know its said that divs old template is gonna be used i think. but another on wouldnt hurt.

Gr_

Guest strongbad

if this website joined forces with tontastic and also provided match reports, news etc then it would be THE BEST MORTON SITE avaiable, thus rendering the need for any new one pointless.

so I would wait and see what happens here before you waste any time making up another ton site.

at this moment yes, i know its said that divs old template is gonna be used i think. but another on wouldnt hurt.

Gr_

10922[/snapback]

You're saying at the moment there is a need, but not explaining why mate?

This one's really good, loads of folk on it, so why another one?

Archived