alloa v morton - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

alloa v morton

beetee

Did we not try for Cammy Bell? And look how his season has been! Sadly, good goalkeepers are elusive and we actually have better than a lot of the league - Bell, Fasan, Robinson, Parry, those Utd diddies and so on!

Harsh to include Parry amongst that rogues’ gallery. He’s been a decent lower league keeper that’s done the rounds of the juniors, Leagues Two and One before deservedly getting his chance in the Championship after promotion.

He’s no Gianluigi Buffon, but I’d certainly have taken him before Scully.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good thing that we split our budget between two mediocre keepers - instead of trying for a genuinely good one at this level - to cover for this type of situation.

Entirely illogical. If each of your two goalkeepers is injured it doesn't matter whether they are Gaston and Scully or Craig Gordon and Allan Macgregor. They still can't play.

Entirely illogical. If each of your two goalkeepers is injured it doesn't matter whether they are Gaston and Scully or Craig Gordon and Allan Macgregor. They still can't play.

We could have had one good goalkeeper for the last nineteen matches though and the same absolute ringer brought in for tomorrow anyway. And we’d be several points better off in the table as a result.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Some of us used fact-based analysis and pointed it out in the summer though - back when the club opted to have 'competition for places' between two mediocre goalkeepers instead. I believe this one is known as 'effortless vindication (yet again). 

tenor.gif?itemid=3482853

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Some of us used fact-based analysis and pointed it out in the summer though - back when the club opted to have 'competition for places' between two mediocre goalkeepers instead. I believe this one is known as 'effortless vindication (yet again). 

tenor.gif?itemid=3482853

I'd be very surprised if we could attract a better keeper than what we already have but sure, keep patting yourself on the back, mate.

Harsh to include Parry amongst that rogues’ gallery. He’s been a decent lower league keeper that’s done the rounds of the juniors, Leagues Two and One before deservedly getting his chance in the Championship after promotion.

He’s no Gianluigi Buffon, but I’d certainly have taken him before Scully.

Oh no he is definitely better than them but isn't better than Gaston

tenor.gif?itemid=3482853

Name one goalkeeper we could have got on our budget who at the summer looked liked a good goalie and has proven to be better than ours this season? Doohan has been good but nobody would have seen that coming and Cammy Bell - who people wanted - has been atrocious.*

* if you can pull a rabbit out the hat then fair enough

I'd be very surprised if we could attract a better keeper than what we already have but sure, keep

patting yourself on the back, mate.

Why couldn’t we ‘attract a better keeper’ with a larger budget and wages to offer them? Be extremely specific.

It really is clutching at straws now to suggest that a flapper like Scully - rejected by Partick for being too dung for them - is somehow the best we could’ve got on the market. Livingston last year got Neil Alexander instead and he played a key role in winning them promotion.

Name one goalkeeper we could have got on our budget who at the summer looked liked a good goalie and has proven to be better than ours this season?

Erm we didn’t have a budget to sign a good goalkeeper because the club spread it over two mediocre ones instead. Which was my point; do keep up.

Erm we didn’t have a budget to sign a good goalkeeper because the club spread it over two mediocre ones instead. Which was my point; do keep up.

But who could we have signed in your version of reality? And why if you are correct does only 1 team in the league have a goalkeeper who is proven to be more than marginally better than ours? (Scott Fox)

But who could we have signed in your version of reality? And why if you are correct does only 1 team in the league have a goalkeeper who is proven to be more than marginally better than ours? (Scott Fox)

He wanted Cammy Bell 😃

Gaston isn't perfect, but as you say, we're probably unlikely to land somebody better. If we did then great, but for our level then Gaston's good enough. You're not going to get a perfect goalkeeper.

AWMSC

Archived