SPFL Clubs to Vote - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

SPFL Clubs to Vote

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52214595

Thistle down.

Falkirk remain in league 1.

Morton support this

For the good of the game.

Incidentally the only reason they'll be excluding the Premiership is not to piss off Hearts and deadco. Shitebags.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52214595

Thistle down. 

Falkirk remain in league 1. 

Morton support this

Hopefully they then both go into administration and get sent packing to the Lowland League. Or better yet, fold and have to apply to join the new West of Scotland conference.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Knowing us we’d find a reason to vote against it and be the one club holding things up. Need 15 out of 20 for approval. Surely we’ll get enough?

Partick, Falkirk, Stranraer, Brechin and Edinburgh City would vote against it you'd presume. Maybe Airdrie too. Could be tight

Partick, Falkirk, Stranraer, Brechin and Edinburgh City would vote against it you'd presume. Maybe Airdrie too. Could be tight

There doesn't seem to be any proposals to relegate Brechin, so I don't think they'd be as much of an issue as the others. No great surprise of course, but I'd argue that with Brora already having been awarded the Highland League, with the Lowland League being extremely tight and Brechin cast adrift at the bottom of League Two, there's a case for promoting Brora in Brechin's place. Turkey's don't vote for Christmas, though.

As long as Partick are relegated and Falkirk stay down though, I'm not going to split hairs.

I really don't see Stranraer voting against it on football grounds: the season is not getting called null and void under any circumstances; they've been total dogshite all season and have no realistic chance of survival if the season was somehow resumed. Edinburgh City's position is little better than the Highland League teams that chucked it and declared Brora champions as well. Both are much more likely to be moved by the financial imperative to get the season wrapped up now, get the hard cash of the final payments in their coffers and have the chance to set budgets or at least a basic plan for next season in the hope that restrictions can be lifted in June/July. The same applies for the vast majority of teams in play-offs, which are hardly a guaranteed ticket to playing at a higher level next season anyway.

The only two clubs then who would be cultivating a Liverpool-esque sense of injustice about the measures are Partick and Falkirk. Which is absolutely delicious.

imageproxy.jpg.adef697295a1d02754e64883e

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived