Morton v The Queenies - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v The Queenies

Hej

Was Gaston actually binned?

I thought we had offered him terms but he wanted to go part-time and declined.

Just a week before the announcement that he was not one of the players considering a new contract and was leaving, he was in the Tele talking about how nobody's position is safe, that a new manager might come in and fancy him, Pearson, neither or both.

A week later he was future endeavoured.

Smells like binned to me.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we offered him a contract of some sort then?

What if he’d accepted it - wouldn’t it be a risky way to go about “binning” someone?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

We had 2 managers last season. Both came in and replaced Gaston.

Not the first times he has lost his place either over the years - Caraux, McNeil, Adam.

They were entirely correct in trying to upgrade on Gaston and binning him for this season was also correct.

The replacement on the other hand is a whole different story.

McNeil and Adam both came into the team because Gaston was injured.

I think it's fair to say that Gaston is better than most that we've experienced at this level. He's a good, solid Championship goalkeeper. It's also fair to say that we should be looking to improve on that if we want to move up a level (i.e. pushing for promotion).

The danger is the amount of dross that we get at this level and it's really quite difficult to find that better 'keeper. We had a whole selection of 'keepers gifting us goals last season. Ramsbottom reminds me of Alan Martin, who flapped one in against us last year. We also had Fasan, Robinson, Bell, Rakovan, and Sneddon chucking them in for us. And we had to endure Scully as well.

Offered absolute buttons. The right thing for him to do was move on.

Aye, definitely for him. Same with Oliver.

Although I think what he was offered is basically what the wages are this season for our players so it's not like he was forced out intentionally but cutting his wages.

Archived