Championship 19/20 - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 19/20

SpoonTon

A good Partick performance so far. They've changed to a 4-5-1 and have pressed United well, triggering the press when United give the balls to their full backs. Penrice hasn't allowed McMullan a sniff and United's pattern of play looks very predictable.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should close the club down immediately if anything like the above happens. At least Partick have got a two-bob 'Ramsbottom' in their team for two weeks time. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

A good turnaround there from Dundee United. In the second half they looked to distribute the ball into central midfield and get their full-backs ahead of the ball to support their wide players, and it worked a treat, especially down United's right hand side. Caldwell didn't seem to be able to cope with the United changes, it certainly looks like attacking Partick through the centre of the pitch is the way to beat them. Thistle's goalkeeper looked shite too. 

1 point from 6 from the self proclaimed title challengers from Maryhill. Still, at least after performances like this they don't need to worry about getting blasted by the gaffer on the bus journey home. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Aye, St Ninians in Kirkintilloch. They have had that link for over 10 years. I remember there was a boy who left St Columbas at the end of S1 to go there due to being signed by Celtic. They basically paid for his transport from what I heard.

Lewis McGrattan went to St Stephen's in Port Glasgow, or so I was told a couple of weeks ago at the Dumbarton game.

Was Cochrane not at Rangers for a while as well?

The idea is sound enough, in that these are essentially identified as elite performers. Young folk participating in other sports at elite level will be expected to have supervised coach led training for upwards of 16 hours per week. My own son currently does and it is expected that, when he reaches secondary school he will go to a school closely linked to his training club to allow for extra training.

The likes of Cochrane were the first intake, so the true measure of these performance schools comes over the next 2 or 3 years.

Sevco have the same arrangement with Boclair Academy as Celtic do with St Ninians. They play each other in school games as they are both in East Dunbartonshire and I believe that they are basically Rangers v Celtic matches.

I think they both put money into the schools in question as well as paying the students transportation costs.

Mon the Ton

Sevco have the same arrangement with Boclair Academy as Celtic do with St Ninians. They play each other in school games as they are both in East Dunbartonshire and I believe that they are basically Rangers v Celtic matches.

I think they both put money into the schools in question as well as paying the students transportation costs.

OK, didn't know that.

• 2 weeks later...

Dunfermline 0-1 Dundee United 

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Alloa 0-1 Arbroath (Bobby Linn)

Gary Oliver subbed (injured) at Somerset.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Ayr 1-0 QoS

Ryan Scully saves a penalty and denies Shankland a hat-trick.

He’ll get recalled once Levein gets sacked in a fortnight’s time.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived