Photo

Neale Cooper

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 capitanus

capitanus

The epitome of gentle respectability

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7831 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:25 AM

In intensive care:

https://stv.tv/news/...ife-after-fall/

I'm surprised how young he is. An experienced manager too. Here's hoping he comes through this.
Europäische Himmel, European Wünsche
Europäischen Straßen, Europäische Hoffnungen
Europäische Söhne, European Liebe
Europäische Träume, Europäische Schreie

#2 HamCam

HamCam

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3651 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:33 PM

Sadly Cooper never recovered from the fall. I remember him as a very robust player who played in an exceptional Aberdeen team. I met him at a corporate day out - on finding out I was a Morton fan he was winding up his former team-mates (Miller and McLeish) by inviting me to recollect the 'Ritchie' goal at Cappielow. 

#3 forfarton

forfarton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:08 PM

So sad to hear this news. As an Aberdonian, I grew up supporting Aberdeen (before discovering Morton) and Neale was part of a very special team. I still have my vinyl single of European Song autographed by Jim Leighton. I also went to the same school as Neale, although slightly later, and he was always held in high esteem there. RIP Neale  :(

#4 capitanus

capitanus

The epitome of gentle respectability

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7831 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:45 PM

So sad to hear this news. As an Aberdonian, I grew up supporting Aberdeen (before discovering Morton) and Neale was part of a very special team. I still have my vinyl single of European Song autographed by Jim Leighton. I also went to the same school as Neale, although slightly later, and he was always held in high esteem there. RIP Neale  :(

My first recollection was from the Panini Stickers, around about 84/85 season. I found him unusual as he was born in India.
Europäische Himmel, European Wünsche
Europäischen Straßen, Europäische Hoffnungen
Europäische Söhne, European Liebe
Europäische Träume, Europäische Schreie