Ton Talk - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Talk

BishopBrennan

How many people are actually streaming and listening to a two hour audio version of ‘eh so whit wis the banter like in the dressing room’ interviews? A: next to nobody. It’s in fact just the primary YouTube channel being regurgitated badly on a different platform. Whereas any Scottish football podcast specifically designed for the format - from The Terrace to the aforementioned THHP series - follow the straightforward rule of keeping episodes concise and splitting them when necessary. Because that’s how the format actually works.

That you’ve chosen to die on the hill of a 90 minute rap lecture somehow being best practice would be bizarre if you didn’t white knight for the club on total weirdo grounds every other week as well.

100k a week according to their Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3t8Q0kBrrr/?igshid=1axnuf4u1bfgv

Splitting them into parts isn't really necessary as most streaming platforms allow you to start from where you left of. The problem is that unless you make it an actual podcast instead of (or as well as) an extremely long video, you're severely limiting your audience.

AWMSC

There's no problem with the length for me and I think it's one of the most interesting media ideas the club have had so well done to all involved and I'm looking forward to seeing who else they interview. I enjoy similar podcasts like the Pele podcast and open goal interviews so having one specific to Morton is of interest to me.

They have to move away from solely YouTube though. A podcast is something to listen to in the background or with headphones on, not sit down and watch, especially when there's not actually video footage of the Interview.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I've just finished listening to it just now. 

It's a decent listen, although they need to sort the sound out. I know the last media officer wasn't allowed to buy a microphone to improve the sound quality of his interviews. If you're reading this Morton - BUY A FUCKING MICROPHONE. What's the point in putting out all this content if we've got to struggle to hear it? 

Moving forward, I'd definitely split these types of interviews into segments. There's no point releasing all your content at once when this could cover two or three weeks. Why not release part one, invite questions from fans, then include the answers to those questions in part two? If this is going to be a major part of the club's media output then why hasn't a sponsor been arranged before the video went live? It seems like a prime opportunity to gain extra income for the club that we've missed out on. 

A good piece of content, but there are some major improvements that could be made. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I see it is now on Spottily and Sound cloud so it can now just be on in the background as suggested earlier.

Its still a little too long but its something new for Morton so perhaps it will take a few attempts to get the right formula in terms of time and structure.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

As far as first efforts at a podcast go it's pretty good. There's not many low budget podcasts that start off sounding amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing who the future guests are.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I've just finished listening to it just now. 

It's a decent listen, although they need to sort the sound out. I know the last media officer wasn't allowed to buy a microphone to improve the sound quality of his interviews. If you're reading this Morton - BUY A FUCKING MICROPHONE. What's the point in putting out all this content if we've got to struggle to hear it? 

Moving forward, I'd definitely split these types of interviews into segments. There's no point releasing all your content at once when this could cover two or three weeks. Why not release part one, invite questions from fans, then include the answers to those questions in part two? If this is going to be a major part of the club's media output then why hasn't a sponsor been arranged before the video went live? It seems like a prime opportunity to gain extra income for the club that we've missed out on

A good piece of content, but there are some major improvements that could be made. 

Agreed. A media sponsor would probably cover most of the costs for equipment required. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived