Morton Club Together Updates - Page 25 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

MCT money being used well - paying off Van Shaik and converting Blues' deal to a permanent one. Ooft. Shouldn't be a single direct debit still active after that. 

Has this been confirmed anywhere yet? I really hope this is not the case as he has already proven to be out of his depth in the Championship.

Hardly surprising given his stellar showing in League 2.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

Has this been confirmed anywhere yet? I really hope this is not the case as he has already proven to be out of his depth in the Championship.

No but all the evidence suggests it is likely to be so.

I'm assuming this is accurate as it's the official league site - here he's given as a permanent transfer and not a loan:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/summer-signings

EOho8Pw.png

• 3 weeks later...

Can MCT put forward concerns regarding that disgrace of a ticket website?

Every time I try to load games onto my card it is a farce.

I saved my log in details last time but it refuses to accept them.

A trip to smiths it is then.

MCT exists purely to raise money from the supporters to pay for players and acquire a shareholders in Morton for themselves. They aren't there to be a voice of concern on behalf of supporters.

Why not contact our high-earning Chief Executive yourself?

*insert signature here*

MCT exists purely to raise money from the supporters to pay for players and acquire a shareholders in Morton for themselves. They aren't there to be a voice of concern on behalf of supporters.

Why not contact our high-earning Chief Executive yourself?

Good point.

There was talk of a member being on the board now though, so just kind of thought.

The farce outside made me feel so mu H better for picking tickets up at lunchtime.

Good afternoon everyone, 

Time for an update on all things MCT. The biggest piece of news is that MCT's representative (as chosen by the Leadership Team), Graham McLennan, attended his first board meeting on Thursday. We are looking forward to working closely with the Morton board to move Morton forward and ensure the views of the fan-base reach the very top of the club. The legalities surrounding written confirmation of the Share Transfer Agreement are still in process and should be tied up soon, we will endeavour to update all pledgers when this is confirmed. 

In terms of moving forward, we are close to breaking the £200k mark for converted pledges. This is a very significant milestone as it takes us halfway to our goal of £400k. If you have pledged but have not yet converted, you can help move us closer to that target. Please e-mail us (enquiries@mortonclubtogether.com) if you require assistance with this. We're moving closer to achieving our primary aims; improve the current playing squad on the pitch through pledges from the Morton fan-base, while simultaneously working alongside Morton to improve the medium-long term security of the club. We'd like to thank every single person who has pledged thus far, and encourage anyone who hasn't yet pledged to reach out to us. You can reach us via e-mail (enquiries@mortonclubtogether.com), our website (www.mortonclubtogether.com) or through any of our social media channels. 

We can also advise that, if it is not dealt with beforehand, we will raise the ticketing website issue at the next board meeting, in response to a request made on the Forum recently. 

Thanks, 

Dean. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

How’s everyone feeling about MCT now? Still contributing? Anyone stopped their DDs with Christmas approaching? Happy with what they’re doing?

The positives are clearly Strapp and Lyon being signed on extended deals, but what else? Communication seems to have dried up, big time- over two months since their last update on here and at a time when the support’s concerns are growing by the day with the club being hit by embarrassment on the pitch and scandal off it.

I’m extremely concerned with the silence coming from Cappielow, and I’m probably not in the position to ask as I don’t contribute, but fuck it, have this fans’ body who are taking you guys’ money off you to hand over to Crawford asking the right questions? Or any questions?

My main concern about Mr McLennan when this was started was that after c. 25 years of going to Cappielow, I’d never seen or heard of this guy. I haven’t heard much of him since his 15 minutes of fame.

If any other investors don’t want to give their views of the current malaise at the club, that’s entirely their prerogative, but a fans’ group, taking fans’ money should really be more accountable. It’s beginning to feel like if you say nothing, hopefully folk’ll just stop asking questions. Is it now just a case of a few MCT guys getting a cosy seat in the stand and a nice lunch every second Saturday in exchange for not actually grilling anyone like they’re being paid to do?

Are MCT happy with how things are going on and off the park at the moment? If not, why not? If so, why so? Is it unreasonable for me to suggest they’re not doing anything other than handing Crawford a cheque every month to do what he pleases with it?

Paul made a point in the summer about the doomsday scenario. If we get to the point of another Save The Ton campaign, would folk be as inclined to put their hands in their pockets when many have already done it without seeing too much evidence of MCT actually representing their views?

Any answers to these questions would be appreciated.

I thought long and hard about contributing to MCT and decided in the end to go with it. The main reason was the possibility of reducing the overall debt and hopefully make the club a more attractive prospect to a potential buyer.

I'll be sticking with that decision but do sympathise with your general point that MCT should be using their 'influence' to highlight just how out of touch the BoD seem to be with the views of fans.

There is a meeting next Friday night (time not yet confirmed) at the Port Glasgow Golf Club, where the MCT board will be in attendance, along with Hopkin and MacKinnon. It's not a formal Q&A, apparently, but in fairness to MCT they have not been shy about answering questions in the past.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

For a whole host of reasons, I chose not to contribute at the outset but rather adopt a watch and see approach. Nothing has happened so far to encourage me to get involved. I continue to believe Golden Casket and the Rae family are taking the piss.

I continue to believe Golden Casket and the Rae family are taking the piss.

This.

They must be pishing themselves us giving them money to write off the debt that they ran up due to their own mismanagement and incompetence.

For a whole host of reasons, I chose not to contribute at the outset but rather adopt a watch and see approach. Nothing has happened so far to encourage me to get involved. I continue to believe Golden Casket and the Rae family are taking the piss.

Same with me. I made a pledge but decided against converting based on the clusterfuck of a season we've had up til now. I'm sorry but empty promises have stopped washing with me. I need to see action before contributing any more money to the club. I really can't see me returning on a regular basis until we have a regime change or a seismic shift in ambition.

Edited by LargsTON

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"