McKinnon hearing - Page 11 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

McKinnon hearing

cmdc

The statement from our side only says 'between the two clubs'. The fine is between FFC and the "beaks" and their statement only says the same, that they've reached an agreement with Morton.

But there was nothing else between us and them in front of the SPFL and SFA apart from their outstanding appeal (unless we had put in another complaint, appeal for compo that hasn't been mentioned).

Their statement also talks about moving on, which isn't the case if they have an outstanding appeal.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But there was nothing else between us and them in front of the SPFL and SFA apart from their outstanding appeal (unless we had put in another complaint, appeal for compo that hasn't been mentioned).

Their statement also talks about moving on, which isn't the case if they have an outstanding appeal.

We had said in our statement, the one immediately after the tribunal SWORDED Falkirk, that we were then seeking remedy:

The issue of compensation to our club still hasn’t been addressed by Falkirk, therefore we will continue to pursue all routes to receive meaningful compensation, following this decision.

And Falkirk said "moving on" in the context of rebuilding the relationship with Morton.

I have no idea if they're still appealing or not but there is no indication here that they're not. What it sounds like is that, to save the hassle for both sides of getting lawyers on boards and having yet another investigation resulting in a compensation tribunal, we've just split the difference. My guess - a complete and total guess - would be that Falkirk have paid us a bit less than we might have got via tribunal, but because we don't need to go through a legal rigmarole and lack any uncertainty over the outcome, it comes out as a gain anyway.

EOho8Pw.png

In principle, happy that it appears Falkirk have offered a settlement and by implication, acknowledged guilt. I would however have preferred a more explicit statement that Falkirk and McKinnon accepted they are lying, cheating, dishonourable, none too bright... snakes but sometimes in life you just have to be magnanimous, hold the high ground and move on.

Any compensation should be able to be concluded from the accounts for the year end. I would imagine it would show up under a very generic bucket - but if, and it is a big if, the money is in any way substantial, then it should be fairly obvious.

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Any compensation should be able to be concluded from the accounts for the year end. I would imagine it would show up under a very generic bucket - but if, and it is a big if, the money is in any way substantial, then it should be fairly obvious.

Given how vigorously Grangemouth have defended their corner I can't see it being a substantial amount. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Given how vigorously Grangemouth have defended their corner I can't see it being a substantial amount.

Think that was either bluster or bad advice. It’s interesting that, for all that, they made the first move.

Think that was either bluster or bad advice. It’s interesting that, for all that, they made the first move.

Curious that it mentions one guy in particular, perhaps there's somebody there with half a brain cell who's had enough of their fannying about and told them to get a grip of themselves.

AWMSC

The money we receive won’t get put towards bringing in a player. It’ll go straight into the IOU fund.

Which means that there'd be less need to cut back elsewhere and more money to go either towards the squad or binning the Finnish dud. The money all comes from and goes into the same account. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The money we receive won’t get put towards bringing in a player. It’ll go straight into the IOU fund.

Does anything get paid into the IOU fund?

I'd imagine any compensation will go towards helping to balance the books. Given the season we're having, I'd guess that it will be helpful in that regard. I'd be surprised if there was much of a surplus for anything extra (new player or IOU fund).

• 4 weeks later...

The SFA have heard Falkirk’s appeal against the SPFL tribunal. They upheld the ruling but quashed the suspended £20K fine. They still have to pay the 40K to the SPFL Trust, which now has to be paid in the next 28 days.

No further details have come out on what the agreement we made wkth them was.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2019/04/17/falkirk-ordered-to-pay-40000-after-losing-scottish-fa-appeal/

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

That's now over 100k they've had to pay, on top of the money the spunked in Jan. Where do those peasants find the cash.

They have a good commercial and marketing team who bring in a good amount of revenue.

Did one of the builders, one who done flats at the splash, not fund one of their stands and he has his office in it?

Archived