#1 Scott

Scott

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4023 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:46 PM

https://gmfc.net/201...asons-away-kit/

Glad they’ve decided to let designers come up with kits to vote on for next season.
I really like the tartan kit as it is and wouldn’t mind another season in it tbh.
A Parma away top would be excellent.

#2 The Bewilderedbeast

The Bewilderedbeast

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6362 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:48 PM

I’m sure it was said that the Parma style top wouldn’t be possible as it was too close to the home top., shame

#3 steveoath

steveoath

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1242 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:51 PM

I like the one with the question mark.
MORTON - NEWCASTLE

#4 Jamie_M

Jamie_M

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5797 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 06:00 PM

Holy crap. Morton in realising that activity should take place at Cappielow on a match day shocker.

#5 TRVMP

TRVMP

Your favorite president (me)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24021 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:34 PM

Admittedly I haven't read the entire league rulebook this year but I'm fairly sure that the suggested designs clash too much with the standard referee top. Plus they should have the club crest, and the league crests on the arms.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

#6 capitanus

capitanus

The epitome of gentle respectability

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8309 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:16 PM

greenock_morton_1989-1991-g.gif

71d340ed1b4c48f3d931641e74a5c9f4.jpg
Functioning perfectly.

#7 EanieMeany

EanieMeany

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5932 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:39 PM

An exact replica of the yellow Umbro one would be lovely.

AWMSC

#8 capitanus

capitanus

The epitome of gentle respectability

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8309 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:44 PM

An exact replica of the yellow Umbro one would be lovely.

Umbro are making a comeback as a kit manufacturer and have a very nice line in retro kits.
Functioning perfectly.

#9 TRVMP

TRVMP

Your favorite president (me)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24021 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:15 PM

Umbro are making a comeback as a kit manufacturer and have a very nice line in retro kits.

Olimpia of Honduras have cracking retro Umbro kits:

https://www.lanuevablanca.com/

If you go to the clearance page (Liquidación) you can see the minging Puma efforts of years past.

Edited by TRVMP, 11 December 2018 - 11:16 PM.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

#10 Ray Von

Ray Von

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1994 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:22 AM

greenock_morton_1989-1991-g.gif

71d340ed1b4c48f3d931641e74a5c9f4.jpg

Had this one, hated it though. Much preferred the yellow puma one from 12/13?
The sports connection one was a cracker as well.

#11 irnbru

irnbru

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5723 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:22 AM

Had this one, hated it though. Much preferred the yellow puma one from 12/13?
The sports connection one was a cracker as well.

Wasn't a fan on this either. Weird shape.

#12 GiGi

GiGi

Animal Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17179 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:24 AM

I’m sure it was said that the Parma style top wouldn’t be possible as it was too close to the home top., shame

Which is clearly rubbish cos blue and yellow hoops with yellow shorts wouldn't clash with anyone in this league other than Alloa, where our home strip is then fine.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

#13 GiGi

GiGi

Animal Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17179 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:27 AM

Also, changing the colour of hoops for a change kit has never been a problem for Celtic. Good enough for them, good enough for us.

If they can't have it as the away kit, just make it a 3rd strip or something. Problem solved. It would sell enough to justify itself.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

#14 TONofmemories

TONofmemories

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7944 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:28 AM

Also, changing the colour of hoops for a change kit has never been a problem for Celtic. Good enough for them, good enough for us.

If they can't have it as the away kit, just make it a 3rd strip or something. Problem solved. It would sell enough to justify itself.

Let's not compare what's good for them and us....

TIME FOR CHANGE!

#15 Jamie_M

Jamie_M

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5797 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:33 AM

Think they claimed because both were half blue.

Keep the tartan as a 3rd, problem solved.

#16 The Bewilderedbeast

The Bewilderedbeast

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6362 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:52 PM

It’s not about having another hooped top,foe example we could play in red and green hoops without a problem. The issue is that the away top would include blue hoops as does the home top, therefore they would be deemed to be too similar.

QPR, have or had, a green and black hooped top as an away kit while still using blue and white hoops as their home top.

#17 Hands of Cowan

Hands of Cowan

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:50 PM

http://footballfashi...didas-home-kit/

Quite like the look of this one but a deeper blue instead

#18 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19315 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:56 PM

It’s not about having another hooped top,foe example we could play in red and green hoops without a problem. The issue is that the away top would include blue hoops as does the home top, therefore they would be deemed to be too similar.

QPR, have or had, a green and black hooped top as an away kit while still using blue and white hoops as their home top.

Too similar to what, the parade of other blue and white hooped teams playing around the country? There is no clash with other teams colours and so it does not matter how similar it is to our own home top. It is quite simply a shan excuse which nobody should be buying for a single second. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#19 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19315 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:09 PM

If the beggars up the road launched a green and yellow hooped away kit next season does anyone really think that it'd be blocked by the supposedly all-powerful hand of the Second Kit Gestapo up at Hampden? 

Somehow I doubt it. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#20 The Bewilderedbeast

The Bewilderedbeast

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6362 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:18 PM

Page 66 of the SPFL rules

G31 The first and second choice colours must be different and distinct.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users