Championship 2018-19 Thread - Page 47 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2018-19 Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone hear the St Mirren fan from

America? Talking some sh*te about results really affecting people’s lives :lol:

Aye, he wants players who will have their lives affected if they get relegated, not just guys on loan.

It's a fair point to say that a contracted player - who if under a long-term contract will probably get reduced terms if relegated - has more at stake when a club is fighting for survival in a division. I didn't listen to it so maybe the guy was being far too dramatic about it, but the principle isn't wrong. A youngster under contract at a higher-up club will obviously want to help the club stay up, but if it doesn't work out, he'll be away back to Aberdeen or Ipswich or whatever in five months' time on the same terms. A guy employed by the club has more at stake.

EOho8Pw.png

Falkirk currently 2-1 up v Alloa. If they win they’ll be 8th, 5 points behind us, with Alloa 9th 6 behind and Partick bottom 7 behind.

Regardless of the result today, Partick and Falkirk have both already made up 7 points on us since the Ross County game. It’s not remotely a comfortable gap.

There’s absolutely no doubt we’re going down with Johansson in charge. The club can cut their losses and sack him now or become Raith Rovers: that’s the choice they have here.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Falkirk currently 2-1 up v Alloa. If they win they’ll be 8th, 5 points behind us, with Alloa 9th 6 behind and Partick bottom 7 behind.

Regardless of the result today, Partick and Falkirk have both already made up 7 points on us since the Ross County game. It’s not remotely a comfortable gap.

There’s absolutely no doubt we’re going down with Johansson in charge. The club can cut their losses and sack him now or become Raith Rovers: that’s the choice they have here.

Yeah but we'd probably sack him and hire John Hughes.

Our form over the last Ten matches when compared with other teams is tenth out of ten in our division.

I certainly believe that we are in severe danger of being relegated.

JB.

With our squad we should be nowhere near the relegation zone only one person to blame

Yeah but we'd probably sack him and hire John Hughes.

...and just like that he’s suddenly on Sportscene to put his name out to any club desperate and stupid enough to take him on.

Hopefully the spoon-burners will bag their PE teacher first though.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

We’ll probably beat the little people on Saturday only to then ship six goals at Inverness the following week; more wild swings between results and a 12-12-12 season is more likely than actual relegation. But given the investment in this squad and the rancid showings of two full time teams in the first half of the season, we shouldn’t even be having this discussion.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I get your point about the moaning, but they’ve done about as much, and shown more ambition, in 24 years than we have in over a century.

Yep, and the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

In fairness, Morton were quick to complain when we were put in the Poundland division of Project Brave and although I don't think our complaints were justified it seemed to have the desired effect (well, that and Falkirk's academy implosion.) But you don't really hear County and Inverness going on about how shite they are and how they don't have any fans. Morton never shut up about how terrible they are.

EOho8Pw.png

Yep, and the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

In fairness, Morton were quick to complain when we were put in the Poundland division of Project Brave and although I don't think our complaints were justified it seemed to have the desired effect (well, that and Falkirk's academy implosion.) But you don't really hear County and Inverness going on about how shite they are and how they don't have any fans. Morton never shut up about how terrible they are.

Yeah, it’s hard to imagine someone at Ross County or ICT loudly proclaiming to anyone who’ll listen that they aren’t ready when they found themselves in a promotion race, as Hawke did when we were favourites for second place before capitulating and ending up closer to fifth. You didn’t hear it from Livingston either, or Hamilton, or even Ayr ****ing United this season.

I’ve said repeatedly this season that too many people are focusing on the board as a deflection tactic from Johansson’s incompetence, which is clearly our biggest short-term issue and has destroyed the season. However, when you consider comments like that it’s clear to see that the ‘plucky little Morton’ attitude which massively holds us back in the medium to long term originates from the board.

None of which excuses the extent to which Johansson clings to the theme to save his own skin, of course.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

If Tidser is on the bench this week, rather than setting up chances for our forward players, someone get a chloroform rag and dump the somnambulant Johannson in the toilets, then get the sub board out and make the earliest substitution in history.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

If Tidser is on the bench this week, rather than setting up chances for our forward players, someone get a chloroform rag and dump the somnambulant Johannson in the toilets, then get the sub board out and make the earliest substitution in history.

It would be easier to run on the pitch and crock one of our own players during the warm up. We could do Shankland too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived