Season Tickets - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season Tickets

Is there anyone doing work for the CT that works for the club though? They are two different organisations with different funding, etc.

Not this pish again. Yes, you're so independent that you constantly have to shoehorn in GMFC's once-dignified brand to make anyone care about your eco-friendly tiddlywinks session or whatever pointless, harebrained scheme is on the cards this week. And when visitors browse Greenock Morton's website to find out news of new signings, season tickets on sale and fixtures arranged - the actual fucking point of a club page - they are instead greeted with a shan side-panel taking you to the Community Trust page (and even more laughably, the Supporters' Trust as well).

They're only ever discussed as entirely separate entities to try and deflect attention from the CT being a fundamentally useless hanger-on to the club. And it's fooling absolutely no-one. 

There's obviously links but I don't think it can be argued that time spent on community work could be spent on the football side.

Well it quite clearly could. You could start by distributing free tickets in the community and paying GMFC for the privilege. Straightforward community work with an actual tangible benefit to the club; it'll never catch on!

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The community trust do many excellent things for the people of Inverclyde but there's probably none more important than utterly rattling Vikington.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

It's hardly surprising that someone who organised a totally cringeworthy 'appreciation day' for a snake - and didn't even manage to celebrate the correct nationality in the process - would be a natural ally of the gormless Community Trust tbh.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'll start taking advice on cringeworthiness from you the moment you stop doing the exact same act on the internet that you've been doing since you were 17 years old. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

^^^ word salad

It's hardly surprising that someone who organised a totally cringeworthy 'appreciation day' for a snake - and didn't even manage to celebrate the correct nationality in the process - would be a natural ally of the gormless Community Trust tbh.

Not half as gormless as your understanding of what the community trust is and does, to be fair.

• 3 weeks later...

For the 1st time in god knows how many years I won't be buying a season ticket this season, I'll still be there but it'll be pay as I go. It's a bit shite that from the club not offering current season ticket owners an early bird offer.

Same here must be first time in 40 years. I'm definitely missing 2 games so no point. Sad that they dont have a decent offer for loyal fans

Same here must be first time in 40 years. I'm definitely missing 2 games so no point. Sad that they dont have a decent offer for loyal fans

I fly out to Portugal for 2 weeks on August 3rd so I'm in the same boat.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Season tickets are down 40% on this time last year.

No surprise really bit apparently a major initiative is going to be announced for season ticket holders shortly.

I will be picking one up at some point this month (only the one this year though) I just wish the club offered some sort of discount even 25 quid off for one extra free game would have been enough personally.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

No surprise really bit apparently a major initiative is going to be announced for season ticket holders shortly.

I will be picking one up at some point this month (only the one this year though) I just wish the club offered some sort of discount even 25 quid off for one extra free game would have been enough personally.

Personally I'm glad that the season ticket sales are down 40% year-on-year at this point, as it sends the message back to the Rae Family that they can't expect to increase the prices as high as they have and get the same kind of take up. The are already charging London prices for entry to a pre-Taylor Report ground for Lower League Football in a provincial Scottish town, and the season tickets aren't really offering any volume discount.

A price around £260 would be about right.

*insert signature here*

The price went up by about, what, 32-33%? Please someone correct me if I'm out on that. The actual income won't be significantly different. The early bird price was about to end at this time, so it's likely that sales after this point will be higher than last year because more people will wait because there is no incentive to buy early. I'd guess that season ticket income might be roughly similar to last year by the start of the new season. 

Ticket sales were up by 41% by early July last season, so this has pretty much seen a return to previous numbers. And there is now more scope for match day income, with there being fewer season ticket holders. 

However we feel about the price rise, it looks like it very much makes financial sense for the club. 

Archived