Morton V St Mirren - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V St Mirren

gmfc23

Same team that started against inverness please. Watched them beat utd the other night and if we can stop lewis morgan from playing then we stop st mirren playing.

Fancy us to win this 2-1 but we need to get right into them from the first to the last whistle.

Lets give them a fucking hounding and send them to fuck back up the road with there tail between there legs.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same team that started against inverness please. Watched them beat utd the other night and if we can stop lewis morgan from playing then we stop st mirren playing.

Fancy us to win this 2-1 but we need to get right into them from the first to the last whistle.

Lets give them a ****ing hounding and send them to **** back up the road with there tail between there legs.

Watched too, was impressed by the work rate of St Mirren, very quick to close down for the entire 90 minutes.  Morgan was their main danger by a mile, they didn't have much else to offer.. get the ball to Morgan and see what happens.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Never watched the game as have no interest in actually watching them unless they are playing us. Really surprised how well they done this season tbh with the players they have, I fancy our chances, a home win (with another Tidser goal) and a happy new year to us all.

Hopefully it absolutely pishes down on them aswell in WDE.

And hailstones; you forgot the hailstones.

The only concern I have with this rabble is our weekly refusal to mark the throw-in taker at a set-piece. Morgan takes their throw ins on the left hand side and was left unmarked in the last game in that shoebox. He's not Messi but a basic tactical switch could prevent him from having a free run at our defence. It is baffling that we still let this obvious weakness to occur in an otherwise respectable defensive unit.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Hope they turn out in big numbers, would happily welcome 3000-3500 of them to Cappielow and it would be glorious for us to pump them in the ice cold rain of Cappielow. Hopefully the trains back get cancelled also.

Was talking to a St Mirren fan and he reckons 2000 of them. Apparently some of their fans are moaning about the facilities and not wanting to be exposed to the conditions.

Outnumbered in our own yard. ****ing riddy

Not if they get sent to gulag it isn't. The club should be monitoring - and Hawke considering his position - by the home gate though. The Famous have performed fairly well so far this season, with the opportunity to derail their shan title effort should be sufficient for a huge crowd. But charging £20 a head on matchday has killed any sort of momentum, or a home crowd larger than the core support. It was £17/10 last year, with a comparable or probably slightly worse product. A piss-poor home crowd would not be the fault of the team, nor the fanbase: it's a failure at the club alone.

GMFC are literally turning fans away from following them with the prices set. And that effect is multiplied during the festive period when we have a larger captive but not at all moronic audience. Why would anyone who isn't devoted to Morton already pay fully £20 to watch a second-tier Scottish football match? The lack of a floating crowd at Cappielow at the moment is down to charging the joint highest prices in the division to follow a club that has abandoned any form of ambition.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Think there will be 4500 at the game.

Good luck to the camera man at Sinclair Street if the wind hits.

Let's hope the highlights are good. Must be tough not going to games while the Rae's are still in charge.

Let's hope the highlights are good. Must be tough not going to games while the Rae's are still in charge.

Not as tough as it is going to games while the Raes are still in charge.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

............Gaston

Doyle...Tam....Lamie...Russell

Tiffany..Murdoch..Tids..Thompson

.............Harkins

...............Jai

3 - 1 Morton

Dropping Oliver when Quitongo has been rotten recently? Wont happen I'm sure.

Also if Luca is fit I think Russell will drop out with Lamie going to left back. That's definitely a tighter defensive unit.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Hope they turn out in big numbers, would happily welcome 3000-3500 of them to Cappielow and it would be glorious for us to pump them in the ice cold rain of Cappielow. Hopefully the trains back get cancelled also.

Looks like heavy rain before then again after the game (then also with high winds)

Weather for the game itself looks OK at the minute:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcuw76w44#?date=2018-01-02

Dropping Oliver when Quitongo has been rotten recently? Wont happen I'm sure.

Also if Luca is fit I think Russell will drop out with Lamie going to left back. That's definitely a tighter defensive unit.

Oh aye. None of it will actually happen. Just the team I would play.

I want a pretentious signature too.

Archived