The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 51 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

So going for a squad of 18, 9 signed up to date, 9 to go.

What positions we thinking to make up those 9?

1 x GK.

1 x RB

2 X CB.

1 X LM

1 X RM

1 x ACM

2 X FW.

He might fancy bringing in his own left back, but for me I'm happy for Iredale to continue there! Did very well last season and will hopefully continue to improve.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In terms of the 9 berths remaining; i'd like to see 2 centre backs, 2 full backs, 2 wingers and 3 strikers coming in.

I'd like Tiff to stay as i think he could develop into a very good player, and a fit Jai has great potential, so I wouldn't be displeased if they took 2 of the contracts on offer.

I want a pretentious signature too.

Rumoured about Lewis Vaughan from Raith being a target who we’d have to pay a fee for as he’s 22 so hopefully if some of the remaining ones under 23 do go then we will have some money for that.

Bumped into a guy in Lisbon, of all places, who's just told me that Ross Forbes has started in 'his work'. Network Rail I believe.

Wonder if he’s towing them. Moving on from the caravan he’s had with us the last few seasons.

To be fair, wish him all the best. Absolute wand of a left peg.

Rumoured about Lewis Vaughan from Raith being a target who we’d have to pay a fee for as he’s 22 so hopefully if some of the remaining ones under 23 do go then we will have some money for that.

Was hoping he would be a target but he still has a year left im sure so would be a transfer fee, not compensation.

Would be a brilliant signing.

Where has the rumour came from?

Was hoping he would be a target but he still has a year left im sure so would be a transfer fee, not compensation.

Would be a brilliant signing.

Where has the rumour came from?

Class signing. Give them Thomson and a few pies to move

It along.

Without wanting to second-guess the manager when I said I wouldn't, and also judge a player too harshly when I think I've only seen him play once in my life, I would hope that we want our top forward not to come from League One. I assume based on his record that he's grown into an upgrade on what we have, but do we want him leading the line for a promotion challenge? I'll defer to those who've seen him more recently and more thoroughly than me.

EOho8Pw.png

Very impressed with McKinnon in the way he talks, direct ambition and signing players of a good pedigree who have played at a good level and are winners. Very UnDuff and refreshing.

Mines a pint.

Speaking of Thomson, he posted a video of himself from a hospital bed on Instagram earlier tonight. Such attention speaking behaviour is deserving of a slap as we know, but wonder what's going on there?

Groin surgery. Club are paying for it so looks like he'll be involved next year. I thought he did well in a couple of Renfrewshire Derby's and gave us something different but he was hopeless towards end of season. Hopefully if he stays injury free he can offer something.

McHugh will only ever be good enough for 15 minute cameos so I'll be interested to see who Ray brings in further up the pitch.

If McKinnon is looking for a striker (and it's hard to bring in more than one or two while McHugh and Thomson are already contracted) then we have to look for better than Vaughan. He'd be a good addition to the squad but we'd be taking too much of a risk in pinning our chances on a player who hasn't held his own at the top end of this (or a similar) division.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived