Women's Football - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Women's Football

It's on just now after Sportscene and the games are actually very entertaining, and the players very skillful.

Does anyone else watch this? I could get right into this.

Also,

If Morton had a women's team, would you watch them? Serious point because it's a growing Sport in Scotland, government are putting money into it, Warren loves his drones, videos and grants. Let's get some of that dough and put together a shit hot team who can qualify for Europe every year.

*insert signature here*

It's on just now after Sportscene and the games are actually very entertaining, and the players very skillful.

Does anyone else watch this? I could get right into this.

Also,

If Morton had a women's team, would you watch them? Serious point because it's a growing Sport in Scotland, government are putting money into it, Warren loves his drones, videos and grants. Let's get some of that dough and put together a s*** hot team who can qualify for Europe every year.

I thought I remembered reading previously about a Morton women's team, although this seems to be the last entry on the club website:

https://gmfc.net/2017/11/06/morton-women-clinch-division-2-west-title/

A bit of further searching shows that the 2018 season hasn't been so successful, but at least they beat Falkirk yesterday:

https://scotwomensfootball.com/league-competitions/swfl-division-1-south/

Falkirk Women don't get a mention on the club website but their Twitter indicates that they played Morton Ladies at Notre Dame High School on 24th June (Morton beat them 5-3). 

The women's game has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years. The skill levels and tactical awareness of the top players makes for some entertaining and aesthetically satisfying football. The amount of time, effort and money being invested into the game in Scotland is on the up too, which has tied in with Shelley Kerr leading the national team to World Cup qualification. The push to make the whole Scotland national team full-time should hopefully lay a foundation for Premier League teams to follow. Although Glasgow City are the only full-time team at the moment, the likes of Stirling University have their scholarship footballers training 3/4 times a week and playing 70-80 games a season.

I was at all the World Cup qualifiers and was impressed the squad, the World Cup in the summer should offer an excellent chance to assess how Scotland will compete. It's been an excellent few years for the women's game and long may it continue. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

It's just been announced that Scotland are going to be playing World Cup holders America next month. That'll be an excellent match and a good test for the Scotland squad. I'll probably head along to that one. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Archived