The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 19 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

Harkins has definitely been one of our best players but I can't agree with the latter; for me our midfield is still much weaker for the absence of Lindsay and was pretty average over the course of the season. We had a good defence, an average midfield and poor forwards. Throw in a clownshoes manager who lost the plot just before the Celtic game and we finish 7th. 

Have the players/staff etc. picked up POTY awards from the travel clubs or did the events get panned after the last Saturday of the season turned into a shanfest?

No events happened.

Tbf, not sure anything was organised for things like that to happen. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VT also thinks Kilday is a better defender than Oware though, so we can take the Harkins comments with a pinch of salt.

You thought that Darren Barr was a better defender than Lee Kilday last summer though, so we can take your comments with enough salt to clear the Trans-Siberian Railway for a year. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Absolutely, and reading Jim Duffy's comments in the Telegraph makes for the same conclusion regarding the club's relationship with the manager.

Hopefully the new manager will know from the outset what we are set on achieving, will get a budget sufficient to deliver and then will be judged accordingly.

....and the fans should be told too!

Post-administration, Morton have had far too many false dawns for it to be a simple case of ‘state an ambition and the fans will come flocking’, but it’s clear that Duffy’s lack of target setting was an issue. Fans want something to judge performance against, that principle is not exclusive to Morton fans, and it should be par for the course for a club treading water in the second tier.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

You thought that Darren Barr was a better defender than Lee Kilday last summer though, so we can take your comments with enough salt to clear the Trans-Siberian Railway for a year. 

I then admitted that as being a spur of the moment judgement later proven to be inaccurate. 

You're still peddling your false opinion. Laughed at by most on here. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I must be the only one that had absolutely no problem with O'Ware's announcement on Saturday.

OK for clubs to announce players that are leaving before the end of the season but not a club's longest serving player who maybe wanted a wee bit of a send off, chance to say goodbye/thank the fans rather than just disappearing over the summer?

Some players announce that sort of stuff weeks in advance. Tam's was just a few hours before the last game.

Don't think for one second he would've done it without Duffy knowing either.

Melodrama.

It's also a bit rich for people to rip their knitting about O'Ware treating the last game as meaningless; the thinking part of the fanbase treated the last two games as meaningless; by all accounts Duffy didn't look as if he gave a toss about Saturday's game either. Quite why the players were expected to pretend that the season had any puff left when everyone else had chucked it is a mystery. After the Queen of the South defeat everything has been about preparing for the future. 

Let's not forget the club and Jim McInally's meltdown in particular when Chris Millar had the temerity to refuse a new deal and sign a pre-contract with Saint Johnstone in January 2008 - four months before the end of the season and in the middle of a relegation battle. I don't think anyone would hold it against Millar now though - other than McInally perhaps, because he's a tool. Making an announcement before a dead rubber match is not a big deal and will be forgotten about after about two weeks. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I then admitted that as being a spur of the moment judgement later proven to be inaccurate. 

You're still peddling your false opinion. Laughed at by most on here. 

I'm still peddling my valid opinion because it hasn't been disproven by the facts and so I haven't had to make a humiliating climbdown, unlike yourself. The views of the majority of Morton fans on football mean absolutely nothing in my distribution of fact-based analysis.

rafapc.jpg

Bit part players, with ideas above their station thinking they can do better only to see their career slide like Monti and Stefan McCluskey versus a mainstay in the team, captaining the team, building a strong reputation, 2 team of the year inclusions and genuinely being linked with teams higher up the food chain.

Compared to the likes of Monti, Tam is practically guaranteed a decent move.

I'm not comparing the players, obviously!

Merely the situation of leaving the club in a similar way.

I'm sure Tam will be fine. Going back to my original point, I'm convinced he will have something lined up, even if its just a pinky promise!

VT mentioned Jamie Lindsay up the page a bit.  I don't think we ever really found anyone to replace him.  Our midfield has been very hit or miss this season.  Harkins has done well and Murdoch supplies the energy; Tidser to me has been a bit erratic, possibly due to not being fully fit.  Basically as a team we have been mediocre.  We deserve better.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Did Lindsay sign a permanent deal with Ross county?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

John Baird signs for Forfar as player/assistant manager.

Surprised he's ended up in that league.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived