Falkirk v Morton 20/04/19 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Falkirk v Morton 20/04/19

BishyTON

Massive game for the club regardless of what happens tonight. Hopefully we get the win we need to help our survival bid and make them more likely for the drop.

As per below link - it is £10 in for adults and £5 for concessions, so means we give the snakes club less money as well for entry!

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2019/04/14/prices-slashed-for-morton-fixture/

Mon the Ton

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should Tidser play on Saturday?

I thought we looked a lot better with him involved tonight. He faded out towards the end most likely due to hardly playing in recent weeks.

I’ve only had one impression of him and that he’s a great professional and gives his all whenever called upon. He’s in for a tough time of it whatever way the game goes, if he plays.

Should Tidser play on Saturday?

I thought we looked a lot better with him involved tonight. He faded out towards the end most likely due to hardly playing in recent weeks.

I’ve only had one impression of him and that he’s a great professional and gives his all whenever called upon. He’s in for a tough time of it whatever way the game goes, if he plays.

No he shouldn't it's a complete conflict of interests. Drop him on Saturday and get him back for Dunfermline and Dundee United.

No he shouldn't it's a complete conflict of interests. Drop him on Saturday and get him back for Dunfermline and Dundee United.

There's not a chance he won't want us to win. If JJ drops him for Saturday, we lose and then he recalls him what message does that send to the player? I dont trust you Michael but going to help save my job now? They're better having a confidential chat and putting out some shite excuse if Tidser admits to feeling conflicted in any way.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

There's not a chance he won't want us to win. If JJ drops him for Saturday, we lose and then he recalls him what message does that send to the player? I dont trust you Michael but going to help save my job now? They're better having a confidential chat and putting out some s***e excuse if Tidser admits to feeling conflicted in any way.

I’d suggest the relationship between the two is pretty fraught anyway after Johansson’s idiotic insistence on not picking him a few months back, and if Tidser has any doubts I wouldn’t expect him to feel his manager’s the sort of guy he could trust with making up a wee phantom injury or something.

He’s already torn into his team after last week’s defeat without at any point acknowledging his role in the whole debacle- why would anyone think for a second that Tidser’s conflict of interests wouldn’t be anything other than a ready made excuse to exonerate Johansson from blame if the worst happens?

Another point that I haven’t seen raised- when was the last time anyone saw any sort of interview with him? Jonathan Mitchell’s last one after the 0-0 Dunfermline game? I noticed Kenny Crawford interviewed Goodwin and Andy Graham last week, and Greg Kiltie this week, alluding to his chat with Johansson in the interview, but no actual interview. Is he refusing to stand in front of a camera? Is Crawford (who seems to be at just about every Morton game these days) not prepared to ask him difficult questions? I’d expect the manager of a club that’s stuck right slap-bang in the middle of a relegation battle to be addressing the support’s concerns and giving us some crumb of comfort and reassurance that everything will be fine, but nothing. We can moan all we want about the club’s failure to communicate with us, but the blame for Johansson’s wall of silence must land solely at his door.

JJ, the floor is yours...

I’d suggest the relationship between the two is pretty fraught anyway after Johansson’s idiotic insistence on not picking him a few months back, and if Tidser has any doubts I wouldn’t expect him to feel his manager’s the sort of guy he could trust with making up a wee phantom injury or something.

He’s already torn into his team after last week’s defeat without at any point acknowledging his role in the whole debacle- why would anyone think for a second that Tidser’s conflict of interests wouldn’t be anything other than a ready made excuse to exonerate Johansson from blame if the worst happens?

Another point that I haven’t seen raised- when was the last time anyone saw any sort of interview with him? Jonathan Mitchell’s last one after the 0-0 Dunfermline game? I noticed Kenny Crawford interviewed Goodwin and Andy Graham last week, and Greg Kiltie this week, alluding to his chat with Johansson in the interview, but no actual interview. Is he refusing to stand in front of a camera? Is Crawford (who seems to be at just about every Morton game these days) not prepared to ask him difficult questions? I’d expect the manager of a club that’s stuck right slap-bang in the middle of a relegation battle to be addressing the support’s concerns and giving us some crumb of comfort and reassurance that everything will be fine, but nothing. We can moan all we want about the club’s failure to communicate with us, but the blame for Johansson’s wall of silence must land solely at his door.

JJ, the floor is yours...

Was interviewed on radio after game, asked him some pretty tough questions. Including about Tidser on Saturday and why he made a stupid substitution causing us to sit deep.

Tidser must play and I've absolutely no doubts about his commitment. We're unlikely to win without him. I do worry what that late goal will have taken out of us mentally though.

Agreed. Has to play

The boy Jones played and scored against his new team

If he doesn’t it will be down to JJ not Tidser

Just need to get them hounded. We must have one more win in us, this is the time to do it.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Agreed. Has to play

The boy Jones played and scored against his new team

If he doesn’t it will be down to JJ not Tidser

Aye, it happens regular enough. I've no concerns about Tidser on Saturday, we're a far better team even with him in it if even if he isn't at his best.

Has the potential to just about the worst game of football ever played though, and a world-class shame game. 

AWMSC

Encourage as many folk to go as poss. Get a right volatile crowd behind us. Hopefully team do some business and we can commence a hounding.

Wonder if Iron Man’s considered Morton paying train and bus fares to try and ensure we take a big crowd.

Archived