Neil Lennon - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Neil Lennon

capitanus

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely. He's a hot head at times but generally I think he's a pretty intelligent guy who gets his sides playing good football. If nothing else he'd bring a bit of passion.

Aye ok John Hughes.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Off topic - but Hughes’s record as a manager isn’t at all bad. Took Falkirk up, kept them there for a four years, and took them to a national final; took Hibs to third and into Europe; took Caley to third and won a Scottish Cup. He must have something going for him. Raith was a disaster right enough, of his own making.

Off topic - but Hughes’s record as a manager isn’t at all bad. Took Falkirk up, kept them there for a four years, and took them to a national final; took Hibs to third and into Europe; took Caley to third and won a Scottish Cup. He must have something going for him. Raith was a disaster right enough, of his own making.

I agree. The fact he sounds like a complete simpleton works against him.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I agree. The fact he sounds like a complete simpleton works against him.

Don't worry it won't happen. The fact that he's an East Coaster who is emotionally attached to that grim part of the world will mean that his next club is likely to be Stenny or Cowdenbeath, or just salivating shite in the Embra after dinner circuit.

*insert signature here*

Revisionism.

Hibs, Inverness and Raith all swiftly ditched him for good reason: he’s a fucking disaster. His transfer decisions directly brought about the relegation of Hibs and Inverness from the top flight having inherited a much stronger squad. He also took over at Raith while about 16 million points above the spoon burners and managed to finish below them. And then lost over two legs to the worst side in the history of the second tier of Scottish football.

He should never darken the door of this once-proud club.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Revisionism.

Hibs, Inverness and Raith all swiftly ditched him for good reason: he’s a ****ing disaster. His transfer decisions directly brought about the relegation of Hibs and Inverness from the top flight having inherited a much stronger squad. He also took over at Raith while about 16 million points above the spoon burners and managed to finish below them. And then lost over two legs to the worst side in the history of the second tier of Scottish football.

He should never darken the door of this once-proud club.

Don't worry, it's not likely to happen. In fact, your Brian Wake has a better chance of taking over despite his only experience in management being with subbuteo teams and an Arctic fives pub league outfit.

We've already learned our lesson with East Coasters.

*insert signature here*

Lennon is a complete fud of a man but he’dbe the best manager we’ve had in decades, I’d even take Gary Parker himself. Neither will ever, ever appear though.

As I said at the start, it would be hypothetical.

*insert signature here*

Agreed

He also appeared to have some good contacts down south and brought decent players up.

Lennon can come across as a thoughtful, intelligent guy at times but he's clearly an absolute dickhead. His tantrums aren't about "passion", they're down to him being a nasty, vicious headcase which would have saw him fall swiftly out of the game if he wasn't associated with that mob up the road.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-boss-neil-lennon-knife-7044229

AWMSC

Lennon can come across as a thoughtful, intelligent guy at times but he's clearly an absolute dickhead. His tantrums aren't about "passion", they're down to him being a nasty, vicious headcase which would have saw him fall swiftly out of the game if he wasn't associated with that mob up the road.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-boss-neil-lennon-knife-7044229

F**king hell, that’s abysmal. Mind you, as his altercation with Duffy proved he is definitely the ‘if he wasn’t holding me back’ type.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Don't worry, it's not likely to happen. In fact, your Brian Wake has a better chance of taking over despite his only experience in management being with subbuteo teams and an Arctic fives pub league outfit.

We've already learned our lesson with East Coasters.

It’s pretty jarring that people look down on Brian Wake on the grounds that his managerial experience isn’t extensive enough while refusing to get fully behind hounding Johansson out of the club. Johansson’s reputation as a player, which is of course utterly irrelevant to his ability as a manager, is the only possible thought process behind this.

People can like or dislike the idea of Brian Wake as Morton manager and consider the extent of his managerial experience to be at too low a level to justify the Morton job; it still undeniably makes him more qualified for the role than Jonaton Johansson by a few trillion lightyears.

On which note Neil Lennon is a nasty mendacious individual, but he’s clearly always going to get jobs far better than ours. He’s obviously miles ahead of Johansson and he’s obviously always going to view a club of our stature as beneath him.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

It’s pretty jarring that people look down on Brian Wake on the grounds that his managerial experience isn’t extensive enough while refusing to get fully behind hounding Johansson out of the club. Johansson’s reputation as a player, which is of course utterly irrelevant to his ability as a manager, is the only possible thought process behind this.

People can like or dislike the idea of Brian Wake as Morton manager and consider the extent of his managerial experience to be at too low a level to justify the Morton job; it still undeniably makes him more qualified for the role than Jonaton Johansson by a few trillion lightyears.

Brian Wake has managed at pub League level and assisted at a decent level. Sounds fairly similar to a guy who's has managed at youth level and assisted at international and Scottish Premier League level. I don't think there are light years between them in that sense. Which only damages any argument for Wake (I still have no idea why this is actually a thing).

Archived