Championship 2018-19 Thread - Page 49 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2018-19 Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

with this revelation you'd have to imagine there was no chance Tidser was even offered a new contract.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Season tickets sold under false pretences. Golf was always his preferred sport.

This is what pisses me off. I bought mine on the back of his comments as I was absolutely done with it at the end of last season. No chance I’ll be buying one next year, especially if we’ll be playing our reserves every week.

Is there a reason why he's binned the 3 year plan? Surely time for the Easdale's to come in.

Basically to do with the change to shareholders in Golden Casket that resulted from DDF’s passing (which came after the announced three year plan/season ticket sales). New shareholders not so keen for GC to underwrite the club’s losses or risk of losses and so club has to run at break even.

Just confirms my suspicion that the "Three Year Plan" was a scam in the first place, a token effort whilst Rae Snr was alive to be whipped off the table as soon as he died which, if we're going to be really cynical about it, was very much on the cards.

Whilst it's not unreasonable to say businesses need to break even and all the rest, it's not really acceptable for him to try to pass it off as being one of these things when he and his family have so badly mismanaged the club on every level for the entirety of their tenure.

We lost hundreds of thousands of pounds in prize money as a result of persevering with Duffy, for example, and will do so again this season by his idiotic decision to give a guy with no experience a two year contract.

The sooner we're shot of the Rae family the better.

AWMSC

Just confirms my suspicion that the "Three Year Plan" was a scam in the first place, a token effort whilst Rae Snr was alive to be whipped off the table as soon as he died which, if we're going to be really cynical about it, was very much on the cards.

Whilst it's not unreasonable to say businesses need to break even and all the rest, it's not really acceptable for him to try to pass it off as being one of these things when he and his family have so badly mismanaged the club on every level for the entirety of their tenure.

We lost hundreds of thousands of pounds in prize money as a result of persevering with Duffy, for example, and will do so again this season by his idiotic decision to give a guy with no experience a two year contract.

The sooner we're shot of the Rae family the better.

No scam about it. It was a result of a change shareholding at Golden Casket after the fact.

A half decent team on the pitch which regularly finishes top four or above should have no problem at least breaking even. Rae is full of shit, sooner him and all the club hanger ons are gone the better. Clear the decks. Oh and they can shove their season book next year.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

No scam about it. It was a result of a change shareholding at Golden Casket after the fact.

I don't buy that, I'm sorry. Itd be nice if he sought outside investment and explored other options before coming out with this defeatist nonsense. Hardly inspirational and is only going to weaken his position further and alienate even more fans.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Reading his quotes he makes it sound like he's leaving imo, could be wrong, but now is definitely a critical time for any potential new owner to offer something. We're at huge risk of disappearing here. 

Crawford would have known for months that Dougie was on his last legs. There was obviously a contingency plan in place for Golden Casket shareholding if they had any business sense at all.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I don't buy that, I'm sorry. Itd be nice if he sought outside investment and explored other options before coming out with this defeatist nonsense. Hardly inspirational and is only going to weaken his position further and alienate even more fans.

Agreed. Selling a three year plan which is contingent on an 87 year old who's health had obviously failing for a few years staying alive isn't a plan at all - it's either a scam or wildly incompetent, but either way the upshot is we were sold season tickets on the basis of a promise that was never going to be kept. Even in the summer Crawford was dropping hints that he wanted out. 

It's probably our own faults for taking their word for it, but we were fuckin conned. 

AWMSC

It’s a fact. I could pretend it’s not if you want?

I think people just find your constant white knighting for Rae and his board nauseating considering how critical the situation is. Clearly the rumour of the debt being wiped was a load of pish too.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Crawford would have known for months that Dougie was on his last legs. There was obviously a contingency plan in place for Golden Casket shareholding if they had any business sense at all.

I suppose the contingency is to look for fresh investment or to sell. All eyes on the Easdales, I guess.

Yep, exactly. Rae Snr dying in the summer was a surprise to nobody at all, if the three year plan was ever at all credible it would have had some kind of strategy in place for the old man's death rather than going "fuck this, I'm off".

AWMSC

"Hey guys, we're slashing budgets, no doubt leading to a worse calibre of player being attracted, we've no ambition of doing anythjng in terms of promotion and we need to run on a break even basis...please, buy season tickets and help us achieve these aims"......

Jesus wept.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived