General Election - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

General Election

LinwoodTON

Regarding the election itself, I'm a total outsider here but does May not have a bit of a cheek giving it the billy big baws, given that she was Home Secretary for ages and has been PM for months? Has she not had sufficient wake-up calls in that time?

Good to see her wanting to regulate the Internet more though, that'll keep hateful messages like mine away from delicate British eyes.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worth remembering that intelligence from the Muslim community was forthcoming in relation to both the Manchester and the London attackers. The problem seems to have been one of resources to then investigate thoroughly causing others (maybe correctly) to be treated as higher priorities.

Worth remembering that intelligence from the Muslim community was forthcoming in relation to both the Manchester and the London attackers. The problem seems to have been one of resources to then investigate thoroughly causing others (maybe correctly) to be treated as higher priorities.

Good news, that. We should grow the Muslim community from 5% of the population to 10% so that we can get double the intelligence.

Of course we'll need to devote billions upon billions of pounds of "resources" to act on this intelligence, and expand our surveillance state, and restrict free speech further, and going to concerts and sporting events will soon be reminiscent of checking in at Ben Gurion, but that's a small price to pay for an authentic tabbouleh.

EOho8Pw.png

Good news, that. We should grow the Muslim community from 5% of the population to 10% so that we can get double the intelligence.

Of course we'll need to devote billions upon billions of pounds of "resources" to act on this intelligence, and expand our surveillance state, and restrict free speech further, and going to concerts and sporting events will soon be reminiscent of checking in at Ben Gurion, but that's a small price to pay for an authentic tabbouleh.

Agreed.

A few polls are kicking around saying that Corbyn has cut the gap to a single point. I doubt that's going to be reflected on voting day, but even if he doesn't get elected, that's some turnaround.

May has been such a brutal disaster that I hope Corbyn does win it. Calling the election when she did was spiking the ball and I hope such a cynical act backfires massively.

EOho8Pw.png

May has been such a brutal disaster that I hope Corbyn does win it. Calling the election when she did was spiking the ball and I hope such a cynical act backfires massively.

If May loses this election, or even has to sit with a minority government, it'll be the biggest Hibsing in the history of Hibsing it. To the extent that Hibsing it would need to be renamed Maying it.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

If May loses this election, or even has to sit with a minority government, it'll be the biggest Hibsing in the history of Hibsing it. To the extent that Hibsing it would need to be renamed Maying it.

Agreed, this will make Portillo's loss look like East Stirling losing to Juventus.

EOho8Pw.png

If May comes out this week, as she appears to already be doing, and claims Corbyn won't be "tough enough" on terrorists then I think mouth breathers down south could end up lapping it up. Corbyn is correct, and has been for years, in stating further military action and alienation of certain muslim communities would only worsen the problem, and serious foreign policy matters need addressed. Unfortunately, that's not what the Katie Hopkins/Tommy Robinson following brigade want to hear. They were practically salivating at last night's attack knowing they could use it to fuel their pre-existing bigotry. The media are going to go in hard on Corbyn this week (they were always going to) but now have even more of a stick to beat him with.

That's despite May's police cuts leaving us extremely vulnerable, as the police forces have been warning for years. That is despite her bullshitting about the number of armed police actually on the streets. That is despite her government having dealings with Saudi Arabia, which are swept under the carpet.

I hope Corbyn can ride it out.

I agree completely that bombing random Middle East countries because we feel like it, or because donors think it'll be good for arms sales or whatever, is a complete joke and needs to stop yesterday. The same thing is happening here in the US where Syria and Yemen are apparently public enemy number one despite doing nothing to us. We need to stop meddling immediately.

However, whatever we are describing as 'alienation' is, let's face it, nothing more than a failure to appease. Virtually every Muslim sect is both safer and more secure in the West than it is in its country and region of origin. Nobody could have done more. Yet every time a child is blown to bits, and her blood and feces arrayed upon bystanders, courtesy of those here to enrich us, well, that's just out fault for being insufficiently welcoming, or poverty, or something.

It's high time we stopped blaming the victims here. Believe me - I have lived and worked in cultures unlike our own. We accommodate others to an almost comedic extent. Chinese laugh raucously upon the description of the modern West. (Your pre-composed reply: "oh, so you think we should be like China?!?" Obviously not, but unless you want the world to be inherited thus, I suggest you learn a bit of Western, pluralistic chauvinism, because nobody else is going to. And if you think multiculturalism (and other isms, such as secularism and feminism) will endure under any other global order but our own, you're not paying attention.)

The West is the ideological land of plenty, and those who think we're living in some kind of Aryan nightmare scenario where the dusky masses are ceaselessly oppressed is betraying that they're a complete fucking space cadet. Virtually anyone of an "ethnic" background in the UK who is "marginalized" is wearing it as a badge of honor, knowing they'll have plenty of baizuo ready to cover for them.

You need to wake up and realize that it's not 2002 anymore, and the one with the target on his back is you.

Edit: I also hope that Corbyn can ride it out. He was on the right side of globalism until around 18 months ago and I believe he will be ultimately better than the neoliberal Tory party, whose only concern is cheap labor and muh pensions. Plus May has some fucking cheek pretending to give a shit about this. She wouldn't be the first person to make a long journey towards nativism (such as, say, me) but she'd be the first to have all the facts and instruments of state at her disposal for almost a fucking decade before having her Damascene conversion four days before her election. Whatever she has coming she deserves a hundredfold.

EOho8Pw.png

I've been away for a couple of weeks so have fortunately missed the highlights of the current campaign. I don't know about anyone else but for the first time I am seriously considering not bothering to vote as I'm so fed up with the gormless deceitful placemen that now inhabit the corridors of power. Fuck them all.

I agree completely that bombing random Middle East countries because we feel like it, or because donors think it'll be good for arms sales or whatever, is a complete joke and needs to stop yesterday. The same thing is happening here in the US where Syria and Yemen are apparently public enemy number one despite doing nothing to us. We need to stop meddling immediately.

However, whatever we are describing as 'alienation' is, let's face it, nothing more than a failure to appease. Virtually every Muslim sect is both safer and more secure in the West than it is in its country and region of origin. Nobody could have done more. Yet every time a child is blown to bits, and her blood and feces arrayed upon bystanders, courtesy of those here to enrich us, well, that's just out fault for being insufficiently welcoming, or poverty, or something.

It's high time we stopped blaming the victims here. Believe me - I have lived and worked in cultures unlike our own. We accommodate others to an almost comedic extent. Chinese laugh raucously upon the description of the modern West. (Your pre-composed reply: "oh, so you think we should be like China?!?" Obviously not, but unless you want the world to be inherited thus, I suggest you learn a bit of Western, pluralistic chauvinism, because nobody else is going to. And if you think multiculturalism (and other isms, such as secularism and feminism) will endure under any other global order but our own, you're not paying attention.)

The West is the ideological land of plenty, and those who think we're living in some kind of Aryan nightmare scenario where the dusky masses are ceaselessly oppressed is betraying that they're a complete ****ing space cadet. Virtually anyone of an "ethnic" background in the UK who is "marginalized" is wearing it as a badge of honor, knowing they'll have plenty of baizuo ready to cover for them.

You need to wake up and realize that it's not 2002 anymore, and the one with the target on his back is you.

Edit: I also hope that Corbyn can ride it out. He was on the right side of globalism until around 18 months ago and I believe he will be ultimately better than the neoliberal Tory party, whose only concern is cheap labor and muh pensions. Plus May has some ****ing cheek pretending to give a s*** about this. She wouldn't be the first person to make a long journey towards nativism (such as, say, me) but she'd be the first to have all the facts and instruments of state at her disposal for almost a ****ing decade before having her Damascene conversion four days before her election. Whatever she has coming she deserves a hundredfold.

What do you think should be done?

I've been away for a couple of weeks so have fortunately missed the highlights of the current campaign. I don't know about anyone else but for the first time I am seriously considering not bothering to vote as I'm so fed up with the gormless deceitful placemen that now inhabit the corridors of power. **** them all.

I understand your predicament, I have no idea who I'd vote for if I lived in England, I despise all the main parties with a passion. At a push I'd probably go for the Greens.

I understand your predicament, I have no idea who I'd vote for if I lived in England, I despise all the main parties with a passion. At a push I'd probably go for the Greens.

Greens aren't standing in my constituency. I spoiled my ballot paper sadly.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

What do you think should be done?

I've posted on here before about this but to be very brief - we're all aware that we can't fully end the problem definitively and forever. It's just not possible, or if it is possible it's not desirable as it would be total war against a lot of people who are completely innocent. So when I say what should be done, it's with an eye on mitigating, not eliminating, the problem of Islamic terror in the West. (Side note: I don't care about Islamic terror in Islamic countries as long as we're not precipitating it or making it worse. That is their culture and they are entitled to have it unmolested)

For my side, to improve the safetey of the West, I'd suggest the following:

1) A near-total shutdown of Muslim immigration to the West

2) A huge reduction in visas granted to those from Muslim nations

3) Divestment and boycotting of terror states such as Saudi Arabia and Pakistan until they either play ball or reform from within. We did it with apartheid South Africa, we can do it with these countries too. It just requires some willpower and belt-tightening.

3.1) The immediate closure and seizure of any and every mosque or madrassa funded or partially funded by any of these states.

4) An end to military adventurism such as that seen in Iraq, Libya, and now Syria and Yemen

5) Caring for the displaced and refugees in the nearest country of origin rather than in the West. Same goes for natural disasters as war.

The combined effect will be to reduce the increase (!) of Muslim population while also cutting off the financial sources of radicalism and the geographic sources of training and supply.

Someone who gives a shit can fill in the blanks about community outreach and whatnot.

EOho8Pw.png

I've posted on here before about this but to be very brief - we're all aware that we can't fully end the problem definitively and forever. It's just not possible, or if it is possible it's not desirable as it would be total war against a lot of people who are completely innocent. So when I say what should be done, it's with an eye on mitigating, not eliminating, the problem of Islamic terror in the West. (Side note: I don't care about Islamic terror in Islamic countries as long as we're not precipitating it or making it worse. That is their culture and they are entitled to have it unmolested)

For my side, to improve the safetey of the West, I'd suggest the following:

1) A near-total shutdown of Muslim immigration to the West

2) A huge reduction in visas granted to those from Muslim nations

3) Divestment and boycotting of terror states such as Saudi Arabia and Pakistan until they either play ball or reform from within. We did it with apartheid South Africa, we can do it with these countries too. It just requires some willpower and belt-tightening.

3.1) The immediate closure and seizure of any and every mosque or madrassa funded or partially funded by any of these states.

4) An end to military adventurism such as that seen in Iraq, Libya, and now Syria and Yemen

5) Caring for the displaced and refugees in the nearest country of origin rather than in the West. Same goes for natural disasters as war.

The combined effect will be to reduce the increase (!) of Muslim population while also cutting off the financial sources of radicalism and the geographic sources of training and supply.

Someone who gives a s*** can fill in the blanks about community outreach and whatnot.

I tend to think points 1 and 2 would make us less rather than more safe.

Someone who gives a s*** can fill in the blanks about community outreach and whatnot.

While the imposition of an openly xenophobic and discriminatory policy towards c. 1 billion people will massively increase the political sources of alienation and Islamist radicalisation among the millions of Muslims already living within most Western societies. Looks like those tasked with 'filling in the blanks' for that back of a fag packet approach will have their work cut out for them then. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived