Hawke Quits - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hawke Quits

TheGoon

Fucked if I'm buying a season ticket next season to watch young Alexander playing a centre forward.

After all the ‘the Easdales are meddling with managers over their boy!!!11!! rumours we’ve heard this season, isn’t it odd that despite several Football Manager regens getting places on the bench throughout the season, even while there have been times we’ve only had one or two fit centre forwards available, even when one of those centre forwards has been someone as obviously out of his depth as Andrew Dallas, Alexander Easdale has never even been given a place on the bench once?

It’s almost as if it’s completely fabricated bullshit, particularly when it’s coming from someone who routinely bends over backwards to defend the current board.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, if you take what he’s saying about not being able to afford JJ literally then we’re in deep, deep shit.

He has said performances during the season was part of the decision. Cost cutting might be an excuse, who knows.

We know the budget needs to be cut, especially if we want new owners, who is going to buy a club that loses 250k every year? Fans can't take that loss on either if Morton Together can put a realistic bit to take on the club.

You know nothing.

I know much, much more than an absolute roaster like yourself, that's for sure. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Right, if you take what he’s saying about not being able to afford JJ literally then we’re in deep, deep shit.

I took it as ‘we can’t afford to have someone useless in charge who will put us in a relegation battle which we might not sneak out of next time and get us little prize money from cups through being sworded by lower league opposition’ rather than ‘we literally can’t afford to pay his wage.’

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

This bit could be read in a number of ways:

"We cannot hide the fact that the club is losing money and we need to accept investment from other sources. With this and concerns raised by some of our performances over the season in mind, regrettably we did not feel we were in a position to be able to extend the contracts of Jonatan Johansson and Peter Houston into next season."

On the one hand, as I think you've taken it, it suggests we couldn't afford to continue paying the management team the same as they got this term. On the other, it could mean that the "investment from other sources" would not be forthcoming unless they were moved on.

I took it as ‘we can’t afford to have someone useless in charge who will put us in a relegation battle which we might not sneak out of next time and get us little prize money from cups through being sworded by lower league opposition’ rather than ‘we literally can’t afford to pay his wage.’

Aye that's the way I read it as well. Crawford is still caveating every statement with this outside influence stuff and I don't like it. His role as Chairman is to represent the board whether or not he agrees with every decision made.

After all the ‘the Easdales are meddling with managers over their boy!!!11!! rumours we’ve heard this season, isn’t it odd that despite several Football Manager regens getting places on the bench throughout the season, even while there have been times we’ve only had one or two fit centre forwards available, even when one of those centre forwards has been someone as obviously out of his depth as Andrew Dallas, Alexander Easdale has never even been given a place on the bench once?

It’s almost as if it’s completely fabricated bullshit, particularly when it’s coming from someone who routinely bends over backwards to defend the current board.

Lets see if that's still your opinion next season.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

On the other, it could mean that the "investment from other sources" would not be forthcoming unless they were moved on.

That's how I read it as well - investors want their own man as chief executive as well instead of handing over money for Hawke to just give it to some useless Scouser with a clipboard again. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I am glad Hawke is gone but how anyone can't have major alarm bells ringing right now is beyond me.

Agree. Those gloating about this weekend’s clear out need to think carefully about what it might mean. I hope it’s a cleaning up, but I fear it could be something else. I’ll reserve judgement till I hear who the new investor is.

Can the Es even invest whilst still shareholders at Sevco though?

“...significant financial loss over the past year. Unfortunately, this position has resulted in the board having to take some hard decisions.”

We finished 5th and the crowds were as expected. We swapped a management wage for a wage. There was nothing unexpected about this season. Maybe it was the season ticket deal that crippled the finances.

The tone always implies someone else is at fault for the club losing money.

I am glad Hawke is gone but how anyone can't have major alarm bells ringing right now is beyond me.

We'd have required the full Titanic evacuation drill if Johansson or that baldy snake were still at the helm for next season, never mind getting rid of Iron Man as a bonus prize. 

“...significant financial loss over the past year. Unfortunately, this position has resulted in the board having to take some hard decisions.”

We finished 5th and the crowds were as expected. We swapped a management wage for a wage. There was nothing unexpected about this season. Maybe it was the season ticket deal that crippled the finances.

The tone always implies someone else is at fault for the club losing money.

Also got a surprise 70k from Falkirk. The season tickets wouldn't have impacted it anywhere near that badly.

I don’t think anyone’s under any illusions that things are definitely going to get better. Just as we could go and appoint a manager as bad or even worse than Johansson and still end up going down in embarrassing fashion next season, we could end up with a board consisting of people whose intentions for the club are malicious whereas Hawke was just incompetent.

The point stands though that with the likes of Hawke and Johansson around we knew a disaster was not just possible but almost certain: while the cuts are going to make it likely anyway, combining them with proven incompetent failures pretty much guaranteed an Airdrie future. With them gone there’s the possibility that it could be even worse both on and off the pitch, the club is in a dangerous position and that’s why I think it’s vital that MCT works in bringing the fans together in fundraising and getting organised whatever that means in terms of shares in a couple of years time, but it also opens up the possibility that we appoint some competent people to replace them and don’t end up like the current incarnation of Airdrie at all, never mind dying like the last one.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived