Dunfermline v Morton - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dunfermline v Morton

bigB

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having inexplicably won 5 in a row to effectively make themselves 'safe' and putting a promotion playoff place firmly in sight, Dunfermline have followed it up by taking 1 point from a possible 18 over their last 6 games rooting them firmly at the bottom of the form table.

A solitary draw with Partick during a run that also saw them lose at home to THAT Falkirk side.

They are muck leading to their fans wetting their knickers that they are still in the relegation scrap (they're not really).

As long as we don't turn up thinking the job is done and safety is secured, same again and they should be there for the taking.

Now would be time to reward supporters and supporters clubs with subsidised/free travel.

Still a massive game for us.

I’d rather the club kept its money to have less shan players next season rather than spend it on some pointless, virtue-signalling exercise tbh.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The Mods appear to have archived the "Captain's Log" thread, so here is the latest instalment. 

"Over the last month or so we have found ourselves sucked into the dogfight at the bottom of the Championship through no fault of our own."

Lolwut 

The rest of the column is pretty fair but in isolation that's a disgusting quote. But I do recommend reading the whole thing because he does take responsibility further down the page.

https://gmfc.net/2019/04/25/captains-log-with-jim-mcalister-13/

EOho8Pw.png

I like that he brought up the fans reaction to going behind in the ICT game as I hadn't seen any of the players or staff mention it after that game.

Even at the time it seemed like it could be an absolutely pivotal moment in our season after the response from the fans when that second Alloa goal went in during the previous game.

For me the reaction of the fans that night has played a huge part in the positivity and the confidence the players have shown in the last two games, which has lead in turn to more positivity from the fans during the Falkirk game atmosphere and the days that have followed. It shows how important it is for fans and players to be on the same page, and it also re-iterates my opinion that morton fans are hard to please in some players' opinions I'd imagine but if you give them something to support through quality or effort on the pitch then they will back you all the way.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Except that the team rolled down to Ayr with next to no travelling support - and what was there pretty much waiting to continue the previous game's hounding - and got a point that their performance at least deserved having dominated much of that second half. Similarly, the Queen of the South away match had no such big fan backing and the team still got the result that was required after going behind. 

The reality here is that performances have generally improved for several weeks now as Kiltie has settled into his best position and the team works around him. The Alloa and the Partick game in particular were of course aberrations to that - but even in the second game we actually started well on top. The issue hasn't been that the players have lacked the backing to play with confidence: rather, we've failed to capitalise on our confident spells of play in other games due to a combination of wasteful finishing, horrendous defensive errors and of course shitebag management. 

Absolutely no amount of happy-clapping has a bearing on those three issues.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Except that the team rolled down to Ayr with next to no travelling support - and what was there pretty much waiting to continue the previous game's hounding - and got a point that their performance at least deserved having dominated much of that second half. Similarly, the Queen of the South away match had no such big fan backing and the team still got the result that was required after going behind. 

The reality here is that performances have generally improved for several weeks now as Kiltie has settled into his best position and the team works around him. The Alloa and the Partick game in particular were of course aberrations to that - but even in the second game we actually started well on top. The issue hasn't been that the players have lacked the backing to play with confidence: rather, we've failed to capitalise on our confident spells of play in other games due to a combination of wasteful finishing, horrendous defensive errors and of course s***ebag management. 

Absolutely no amount of happy-clapping has a bearing on those three issues.

Would help if we had any credible strikers - Kiltie doing a great job but apart from him we have nobody up top.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived