New Away Kit Vote - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New Away Kit Vote

Scott

‘Let’s not commemorate the centenary of our Scottish Cup win because we didnae win any more of them’ is peak Morton forum logic right there.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Rae and Hawke are still here it'll be a glamour game against Port Juniors on a Tuesday night followed by 99's all round at the Bluebird Cafe.

The main thing to take is that the club is there for anyone to take over if they have ambitions. They said they just want to make sure there is a club so let's see if anyone takes them up on the invite.

This was also mentioned tonight. There'll be plans apparently, if we survive

That will make us look like even more of a diddy club.

Let’s celebrate the fact that it’s 100 years since our only major trophy win.

The vast majority of diddy clubs never have and never will lift the most prestigious club trophy in Scottish football ‘Ray’. Any provincial club lifting the cup is a huge achievement that any self-respecting club would commemorate, but self-respect is always thin on the ground when it comes to the particularly torn-faced section of the fanbase discussing GMFC’s proud history.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• 2 weeks later...

I shall not be purchasing the away shirt. If Crawford and co are not going to invest then why should I hand them £45 of my own money for a tee shirt that I only wear at occaisional games or on holiday.

JB.

Power To The Powerless,

Strength Unto The Weak!

I shall not be purchasing the away shirt. If Crawford and co are not going to invest then why should I hand them £45 of my own money for a tee shirt that I only wear at occaisional games or on holiday.

JB.

What do you expect him to invest with?

Same as every other chairman in the country. Itd maybe be an idea though to have a better business model than cutting the budget, driving fans away, disillusioning the regulars and hoping to stay up right enough.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Crawford *can’t* invest - it’s not his decision to make. It’s the Rae family’s decision (or more accurately those who inherited DDF’s shares), of which Crawford is one part, and in a minority in terms of his interest in GMFC. DDF’s death brought about a fundamental change in the ownership of the club. That’s the reality we have to deal with and it’s why we now have to work largely (because it seems GC will cover small/infrequent losses) with the revenue that we generate ourselves.

Obviously there are other questions about whether we could have prepared better for that change or whether we are in a position to maximise the revenue that we are able to generate.

And yet, one of the first things he said at the Q&A was, no part time football.

I don’t see the contradiction there. Presumably they think they can put a full-time squad together within budget. I suppose that explains the reliance on youth and loan players.

Haha. Classic cmdc here.

When reporting on behalf of the club you speak of 'we'. When challenged, it turns to 'they'. 😆

Bizarre. I’ve never said anything on behalf of the club. You must be thinking of someone else.

name an shame those poeple please

No. And besides, there’s no shame in taking a different view as to what’s in GC’s (or their own) best interests. It is what it is.

Crawford *can’t* invest - it’s not his decision to make. It’s the Rae family’s decision (or more accurately those who inherited DDF’s shares), of which Crawford is one part, and in a minority in terms of his interest in GMFC. DDF’s death brought about a fundamental change in the ownership of the club. That’s the reality we have to deal with and it’s why we now have to work largely (because it seems GC will cover small/infrequent losses) with the revenue that we generate ourselves.

Obviously there are other questions about whether we could have prepared better for that change or whether we are in a position to maximise the revenue that we are able to generate.

Who are the majority in terms of ownership interest in GMFC, why hasn't there been a formal update on that, why haven't they made themselves known and their intentions to the stakeholders and, even less probable, why were they not at the Q&A.

Who are the majority in terms of ownership interest in GMFC, why hasn't there been a formal update on that, why haven't they made themselves known and their intentions to the stakeholders and, even less probable, why were they not at the Q&A.

Not sure. Probably questions for an AGM, but don’t know if they were asked.

Not sure. Probably questions for an AGM, but don’t know if they were asked.

So the ordinary fans don't deserve a full update, just shareholders and we are expected to back faceless owners whose intentions, honourable or not, are not known?

Season tickets on sale yet? Count me in.

Archived