Championship 2018-19 Thread - Page 65 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2018-19 Thread

Hearts have tweeted that zebra finance won't be offering anymore season ticket finance, so I'm sure we will get the same announcement soon.

I used it this season and it was a handy service.

I wonder if we will go back to the old 'set up a standing order to Morton then cancel it after the first month's payment' method. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pars 0-1 Ayr FT

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Ross County get a 94th minute equaliser at home to Dundee United via ex Morton player Jamie Lindsay. That leaves County 5 points ahead of Dundee United with a game in hand. 

That's a few of their players signed PCA's i think.

Just Smith and Rose.

Pre-contracts still pretty rare at this level. But Tidser just HAD to sign one. Fur his family.

See Murdoch signed a new contract with Ayr.

Who needs Andy Murdoch, when we have the dynamic duo of Millar and McAlister.

I got the impression at the time that it was Telfer that McKinnon preferred to Murdoch. Let's not forgot that Telfer was one of our big signings of the summer, brought in as one of our higher earners. Easy to forget considering how little of an influence he's had.

I got the impression at the time that it was Telfer that McKinnon preferred to Murdoch. Let's not forgot that Telfer was one of our big signings of the summer, brought in as one of our higher earners. Easy to forget considering how little of an influence he's had.

He’s been absolutely rotten. Would be disappointed if we signed him up for next season, which sounds ridiculous given the reputation he once had.

Cant be that big an earner, he had verbally agreed to sign for Raith before Snake went for him.

Would imagine Jim, Millar, Denny and Tids are the big earners.

He’s been absolutely rotten. Would be disappointed if we signed him up for next season, which sounds ridiculous given the reputation he once had.

Just the 200k Dundee United ended up paying for him. Oaft.

There's a player in there somewhere but yeah, not what we needed this season and if he hadn't come with the reputation gained at his first clubs, people would be wondering who the hell he was.

EOho8Pw.png

Telfer’s contribution over the course of the season hasn’t been nearly good enough. There are signs of a player in there, but I don’t fancy paying him what I imagine is a decent salary to find out.

This is another reason that Johansson should be binned. Before January the excuse was that he needed to sign his own players. Then in January and February we needed to give the new players time to settle in and adjust to the new shape. We’ve regressed since the turn of the year. Given the budget cuts that lie ahead and Johansson’s inability to build a decent squad, I have no confidence in his ability to produce a capable squad.

I think Telfer's been alright, to be honest. There's been a few games where he's been really good and in flashes you can see what he's capable of, but like everybody else it's impossible to really tell if he could be a key player over a full season.  

Like a whole host of other players who've had the misfortune to play for Morton over the years, the chances are he'll go to another Championship club next season and do better there.

AWMSC

It’s not been commented on much as the appalling defending when Alloa reached our box has rightly taken all the attention, but the way Telfer lost possession ahead of their second goal sums him up. Dallies on the ball without any idea where he’s actually going with it, gets easily muscled off it by a defender who barely has to try to do so then gets nowhere near winning it back as Alloa move up the park from his mistake.

While he’s absolutely in the bracket of players who I wouldn’t be surprised to see perform competently in the Championship if he was given the opportunity to work under a real manager, he’s also such a heartless s****bag that he’s one of the most dislikable players at the club. I’d prefer to punt him, but have to weigh that up against the likelihood that he’d probably be a standout in League One, whether it’s next season or the following one that Johansson puts us there.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived