Who now? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who now?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people will view it as a management team who done a better job than the previous manager, Duffy, in that they finished 5th in comparison to 7th. Add to that, we are looking to cost cut so the assumption would be that Morton expect to be in the Playoffs on a reduced budget.

Hoppy will be linked but would he want the job? Every chance Steve Clark will leave Kilmarnock which could open the door for Holt to leave Livingston and open the door for Big Red to return and finish what he started.

If we were ambitious I would have gone for Derek Adams but I can see is being linked with Danny Lennon, Hoppy and a host of random names.

I expect Paul Hartley to be linked also but I have not much faith in Crawford Rae making an exciting appointment.

Should maybe ask Alloa for tips on appointments.

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw Millar and McAlister in the dugout going forward - probably as player/assistants. Not exactly what you want at a fulltime club but would fit with cost-cutting theme

Tonight I'm just drinking got Falkirk doon and JJ oot hahahahahaahha

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I believe the club should pay players what they're worth - for example if we had a player like Stephen Dobbie who could give us 20+ goals a season and ensure us a play-off place, then pay the guy what he's worth. The same goes for managers.

We are not going to get success on the cheap and if Crawford or the gangsters whom he is entertaining in the directors box think differently, then they are seriously deluding themselves.

*insert signature here*

I believe the club should pay players what they're worth - for example if we had a player like Stephen Dobbie who could give us 20+ goals a season and ensure us a play-off place, then pay the guy what he's worth. The same goes for managers.

We are not going to get success on the cheap and if Crawford or the gangsters whom he is entertaining in the directors box think differently, then they are seriously deluding themselves.

Having Dobbie has certainly helped Queen of the South’s charge to the play offs.

Does Denny not fit into that category? Suspect he was one of the higher earners and expected to lead us to the playoffs.

As for The Sun. Did DH not chuck it at Bradford? Does finishing 5th suggest we massively underperformed this season?

Does Denny not fit into that category? Suspect he was one of the higher earners and expected to lead us to the playoffs.

As for The Sun. Did DH not chuck it at Bradford? Does finishing 5th suggest we massively underperformed this season?

Bradford are a basket case, in fairness.

EOho8Pw.png

There is so much uncertainty around the club just now that I honestly do not know what is coming next. No management team, hardly and players and a board who are not fit for the job of running our football club. At least Crawford has shown a some sort of ruthless streak by getting rid of managers that had to go. This next appointment is going to be crucial. What are the options? McAlister and Millar are the easy and cheap option. Would Hopkin want to come? Can't think of anyone else.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

There is so much uncertainty around the club just now that I honestly do not know what is coming next. No management team, hardly and players and a board who are not fit for the job of running our football club. At least Crawford has shown a some sort of ruthless streak by getting rid of managers that had to go. This next appointment is going to be crucial. What are the options? McAlister and Millar are the easy and cheap option. Would Hopkin want to come? Can't think of anyone else.

Danny Lennon

Darren Young

Paul Hartley

Gary Naismith

All names

That will be linked.

Archived