morton v alloa - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

morton v alloa

beetee

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've had an awful lot of rain this week. Would putting covers over a wet pitch and then trying to remove them carefully with the water/snow accumulated on top have given the game a better chance of going ahead than the drainage at Cappielow dealing with the rain/sleet/snow as it came on to the pitch? 

We've had an awful lot of rain this week. Would putting covers over a wet pitch and then trying to remove them carefully with the water/snow accumulated on top have given the game a better chance of going ahead than the drainage at Cappielow dealing with the rain/sleet/snow as it came on to the pitch?

A: (Fucking obviously) yes. If the covers are down then the water already on the pitch still drains - it’s not as if we’re living in Egypt and can expect the sun to get rid of it instead. Letting more snow and rain bounce onto the pitch all night instead is a cut and dried case of tinpot incompetence.

No surprise to see you playing a ludicrous devil’s advocate role after your revisionist account of the last Alloa game though.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Can't really blame the club here. It's a thin layer of snow and pitch looks playable. This is on the ref.

The club’s clownshoes incompetence gave the referee a decision to make in the first place, so we can and we will.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

A: (****ing obviously) yes. If the covers are down then the water already on the pitch still drains - it’s not as if we’re living in Egypt and can expect the sun to get rid of it instead. Letting more snow and rain bounce onto the pitch all night instead is a cut and dried case of tinpot incompetence.

No surprise to see you playing a ludicrous devil’s advocate role after your revisionist account of the last Alloa game though.

I was asking a question. I have no idea what impact trying to clear slush off of covers has. I don't know if the covers can be cleared without getting a large amount of it on the pitch in one go, or if that would then clear in time for the game as it continues to rain. I don't know how well a pitch drains when the moisture is held under the covers. Believe it or not, I don't actually know how this all works. 

The literally dozens of games we’ve had at Cappielow with the covers on before and the game not getting called off for a bit of rain and slush answers those questions. It’s not exactly rocket science.

The literally dozens of games we’ve had at Cappielow with the covers on before and the game not getting called off for a bit of rain and slush answers those questions. It’s not exactly rocket science.

Amateur club syndrome yet again.

I don't really have much awareness of the variety of circumstances that the covers are used for. 

Not many games get called off at Cappielow due to weather these days. These things happen in Scotland.

I trust the groundsman to know what he's doing in regards to weather and covers etc. 

Think some people just want to have a dig at the club for any trivial matter these days. 

Cue Backlash!

Hi Warren!

*waves to Hawke*

Archived